KiwiScot

Points Target for Next 4 Games

(A) Burnley
(A) Crystal Palace
(H) Aston Villa
(A) Bournemouth AFC

Easier opponents, but 3 games away from home. My feeling here we should be looking to get 5 points from this lot.

Agree, they're all winnable and the confidence after the weekend should be there. 

But we all know that there's no easy game and beating Man City doesn't give us the right to expect to beat everyone else so I'm hoping for 7 from these fixtures. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Darth Canary1 said:

6 would be good, anything more would be excellent

Agreed... going on the old faithful, draw your away games and win at home.  Burnley, Palace and Bournemouth are no mugs. All are winnable, all are losable (!)

12 points from our first 9 games would be decent in any case. 1.3 points a game gets you mid to upper table.

11 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Let’s get 12 and go full on Europa League!

If we got 12 we would be going for the champions League, we're only 2 points off it at the moment!

2 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Let’s get 12 and go full on Europa League!

A lovely thought but I think that competition is a poisoned chalice. Avoid like the plague. It's left some clubs worse off for the experience 

5 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

A lovely thought but I think that competition is a poisoned chalice. Avoid like the plague. It's left some clubs worse off for the experience 

Sorry but have to disagree here on trying to avoid the Europa league. Appreciate it makes for a tough season with the extra games and travel, but surely the whole point of supporting a football team is to see them succeed and reach the best standard of football possible, and seeing Norwich play in Europe’s 2nd most prestigious tournament would definitely be an amazing experience (assuming the champions league is out of reach of course 😉)

Draw v burnley

Loss v Palace

Win v Villa 

Draw v Bournemouth

That would be 5 points and a great haul. Burnley and palace are the type of teams that cause us problems, plus we never win at that cesspool Selhurst Park. We should have enough to beat Villa but Bournemouth are brilliant at home and a draw there would be a brilliant result. 

I really dont get it either. It is a squad game so you should rotate properly and have some faith in the young players to see you through the increased fixture load.

5 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Without that competition, Bayern Munich would never have happened. 

It's a very different competition these days. The year that Fulham got to the final they played 67 games. If my memory serves me right, they were relegated the following season 

They are all going to be tough games and I agree 6 points would be a quite a good return, but would be hoping to be unbeaten for that six points.  However, win against Burnley and would be hoping for more than six from those games. Two wins and two draws would give us 8 points and that is achievable imo.

Four points keeps us ahead of the target of a point a game and would be a good return, anything over that would be putting us ahead of target.

There are some tough games there and we still have a lot of injuries to contend with.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be disappointed with four points considering three of the games are away. Burnley will be a very tough game IMO.

Burnley (L)

Palace (D)

Villa (W)

Bournemouth (L or D)

• Like 2

Still on cloud 9 from Saturday so I think we can be unbeaten over the four games. Wins against Villa and Bournemouth. Draws from the other two. So that's 8 points.

If you'd asked after West Ham I may have said half that....

I have a small concern that we are playing better at home and struggling away, so these games should either reassure me or prove the point. Anything more than 4 is encouraging IMHO.

• Like 1

4 points keeps us going in the right direction. 5 or more and we can be very happy with our overall start to the season.

I genuinely think we’ll get a minimum of 6 points from those fixtures, all are tough games, it’s the Premier League after all, but it will be tough for our opponents too, and I have great faith in our squad. Great to be where we are in the table given we’ve already played Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea.

6 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

It's a very different competition these days. The year that Fulham got to the final they played 67 games. If my memory serves me right, they were relegated the following season 

Not true. They played 63 games (still a lot, admittedly) and finished eighth that season. The season after they finished ninth, which is very good for a club of Fulham's stature, and didn't get relegated until four years after the Europa League run. It's safe to say the Europa League had no effect on domestic form and it gave the club memories they'll cherish for years to come, such as walloping Juventus 4-1 at Craven Cottage.