wcorkcanary

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Those in charge down south of the border  have found a way to ( maybe) put some happiness back in their lives as rivals Norwich show how the game should be played. 

20190917_145439.jpg

I know it is only League One but i imagine they are quite happy at the moment to sit second in the table with a game in hand while those around them flounder.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

I know it is only League One but i imagine they are quite happy at the moment to sit second in the table with a game in hand while those around them flounder.

Do you really believe  that they are 'quite  happy '. Still some people  are content  to  rest on their laurels  and feel like big fish I suppose.  Me, I prefer  lifes challenges. 

12 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Those in charge down south of the border  have found a way to ( maybe) put some happiness back in their lives as rivals Norwich show how the game should be played. 

20190917_145439.jpg

They can't afford dental implants, although if you've only got one tooth it'll work out considerably cheaper. 

49 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

They can't afford dental implants, although if you've only got one tooth it'll work out considerably cheaper. 

It gives them central eating 😀 

Having reconciled themselves with their desperate plight and lowly status many of the bin brigade are now professing to enjoyment in League 1 and the way their season is panning out.

They should be in the mix throughout and attendances seem to be holding up ... for now.

In truth it's a novelty for them to be actually winning games again and, of course, they will be revelling in the fact that City are likely to have their fair share of bad results this season; conveniently overlooking the massive gap in the quality of the respective oppositions.

In truth, one win like the one we had last Saturday is worth half a season of victories in League 1.

They need  respite from the constant miseries of their last decade and more and lower league opposition is proving to be the perfect anecdote.

True to form some of them are predicting that Lambert will 'do a Norwich' and bring about successive promotions whilst, in fairness, many just foresee their best possible outcome being a return to mid-table Championship mediocrity.

It does seem that Evans has opened his wallet somewhat in a bid for a quick return, but should they fail then the future for them is nothing but grim. That debt must be escalating rapidly at the moment as well.

In my view, the widening of that famous "gap" has made this season's rivalry more interesting than the predictability of the recent past and I am just eagerly waiting for that mid-winter, Tuesday night defeat in the frozen North against the likes of Tranmere Rovers. It will happen.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Interesting to read some of their opinions, the idea that next season they'll not only be in the Championship but will be competing at the top end.

It's complete nonsense of course, if they are promoted, their best players will be cherry picked by Clubs in the Championship with more money and, as we all know Evans will pocket the windfall. 

That'll probably signal the end of Lambert as he'll have raised his stock and would have no appetite for another relegation battle. 

Their finances have put them back 30 years, which is appropriate as that's all they ever talk about.