Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

🙃And nobody needed to 'beat the traffic'....

My seat is right by one of the exits Nutty - I can assure you that there were still a number of people on Saturday night for whom beating the traffic was more important than staying until the end. (Nowhere near as many as usual mind 🙂). 

I was working from 8pm and my seat is about as far as possible from an exit so I left my seat a minute before the whistle and celebrated as I got to the stairs.

45 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I was working from 8pm and my seat is about as far as possible from an exit so I left my seat a minute before the whistle and celebrated as I got to the stairs.

That is the unforgivable sin. the club will track you down and  ban you and your progeny .... for eternity 

I had a bus to catch from the bus station at 7:40 (and had assumed leaving early this once would be ok as wasn’t expecting to be winning!) but there was no way I was leaving early. Stayed to applaud everyone off the pitch and then literally ran non stop and got to my bus just as it was pulling out. Though wouldn’t have cared if I’d missed it it was such a good night.

On night games, train times to Great Yarmouth are an absolute joke, if I leave dead on the whistle at 90+4 then sprint hell for leather to the station i only make the train half the time. Or then there's another one or maybe two carriage train an hour or so later that people get packed into like sardines, absolute stupidity. I stay till the end because I don't work mornings and I can run, that's not the case for everyone though so i don't blame people for leaving a few minutes early, everyone's circumstances are different. 

It would have been a crime to leave early Saturday though, why wouldn't you want to drink in that atmosphere? 

As an aside, getting into your seat well after kick off because you were p155ing about in the concourse is unforgivable and you should be banned from CR for life. 

21 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

A friend of mine had to go to a kids birthday party so got a taxi from the ground on 60 mins.

Lunatic.

Hope he got a party bag

• Haha 1

The Train Station was shut? Or so they kept giving out. Maybe that was a ruse to keep everyone in the stadium for the great celebration🎉

8 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

The Train Station was shut? Or so they kept giving out. Maybe that was a ruse to keep everyone in the stadium for the great celebration🎉

Yeah they kept saying there was some sort of issue with the trains. I walked past and couldn't see much commotion. Was wondering what that was all about myself!

13 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Yeah they kept saying there was some sort of issue with the trains. I walked past and couldn't see much commotion. Was wondering what that was all about myself!

But was there any locommotion? 

Sorry 😐 

16 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

But was there any locommotion? 

Sorry 😐 

I'm not sure you've got the knack for this.

50 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

"Some sort of issue with the Trains" , is a mild description for there being no trains at all.  The whole station was shut and some of us had to get a cab to Diss station . After a celebratory beer in the Murderers of course . 

• Thanks 1