Sign in to follow this  
unique

Too slow, too stupid, not enough desire.

“We really aren’t very good”

”Wesley was awful”

”Wes is rubbish”

”We look dull”

”We lack pace....Passing was awful all game”

”I cannot believe how bad our passing was and everybody was culpable”

” There are very few goals in this team as things stand”

”Dull and slow. So slow”

Just some of the negative comments from Villa fans after their recent home match against West Ham.

At least one supporter recognises that “It is early days...” , however, he continues...” but I think we will need to be spending big money in the January window to keep us up” !!

There’s doing it ‘the Fulham way’, and then there’s doing a Fulham x2!

It would appear that the expectations of many Villa fans that they would be challenging for European places are evaporating fast.

Every club has a moany section of their support that has unrealistic expectations. Our club certainly has one, although fortunately results have surpassed everyone's expectations in the last 12 months so that section has been kept quiet.

I'm sure the majority of sensible Villa will realise that they've brought in a lot of players over the summer and they may just need a bit of time to gel and find the best eleven. They'll probably be alright come May.

I thought they looked good last night, McGinn and Grealish especially, but nowhere near as eye catching as we put in Saturday. In fact, I propose that as far as style of football played, we hard to top. This weekend, I watched us, Watford vs Arsenal, Bournemouth vs Everton and Villa vs West Ham, and we were far and away the most attractive and entertaining.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, unique said:

but I think we will need to be spending big money in the January window to keep us up” !!

Spend another 100 million plus? 

Wow would be pretty spectacular to see that happen but realistically it's suicide. 

Abraham played a huge part in their promotion . Then goes back to his club. All very well but you have to replace your goal scorer and Wesley didn’t look close to Abraham. 

Villa also overpaid for Mings because of the circumstances. Bournemouth basically named their price . Imagine Villa not having Abraham or Mings out of last years promotion side. 

We on the other hand used our own players.....

I saw highlights of Blades v Saints, it was like a Championship game. 

West Ham are a solid side at this level and won't be looking down at the end of the season. Home draw against them isn't a bad result. 

11 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Hope we thrash them and show them just how useless it is spending money without squad togetherness or cohesion. 

That's it ... they don't have a team (yet)... It's this fascination with money... You might need to sign good players , but money is not the key to success , a lot of supporters still see it that way. You need to spend to be able to keep competing in the long run , but just splashing out 150 million £ doesn't guarantee you anything. Their team hasn't "gelled" ,  that's gonna take time

Edited by ROBFLECK

7 minutes ago, ROBFLECK said:

That's it ... they don't have a team (yet)... It's this fascination with money... You might need to sign good players , but money is not the key to success , a lot of supporters still see it that way. You need to spend to be able to keep competing in the long run , but just splashing out 150 million £ doesn't guarantee you anything. Their team hasn't "gelled" ,  that's gonna take time

They might not gel at all in enough time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Every club has a moany section of their support that has unrealistic expectations. Our club certainly has one, although fortunately results have surpassed everyone's expectations in the last 12 months so that section has been kept quiet.

I'm sure the majority of sensible Villa will realise that they've brought in a lot of players over the summer and they may just need a bit of time to gel and find the best eleven. They'll probably be alright come May.

I remember when Norwich drew 2-2 with Birmingham on day 1 of last season and people were saying ‘paper over the cracks, we’ll be in league one next season’

wonder where they went

This is what happens with ridiculous expectations. That’s why it’s great this year that people here do not have unrealistic expectations and most feel what will be will be at the same time knowing we have an excellent chance of staying up. I predicted on a different thread that the second Villa had a run of not great results the fans would turn. 

The next thing is the manager will be sacked, which I am pretty sure won’t be happening to our Daniel this season.

1 hour ago, ROBFLECK said:

Pretty much what I was going to say! Yeah, it won't be easy attempting to get all of these new players to gel. I don't know if I'd swap many of our players for theirs! However, in McGinn they have a really decent midfielder. I like him. Grealish... nah! Don't really see what the fuss is about. He blows hot and cold for the most part and isn't that amazing when hot! But I guess people see players in different ways.

Wesley looks much better than Joelinton.  Not everyone brazillian is brazilliant.

18 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

I just hope that when we play them, Mings doesn't do a job on Pukki. 

My biggest fear (NCFC-wise at least) is that anyone from any team decides to “do a job” on Pukki. We showed last weekend that we are a squad who aren’t dependent on any one player, but Pukki has to be our biggest single point of failure. 

Mings is a decent player, but he's not that mobile.  Pukki's movement and precise finishing has already been proven against last season's top 2 defences, so I see no reason why he'll struggle against him.  The crowd will be up for it again as well, especially with his Suffolk past. And with VAR, he won't get away with anything sneaky like he has done previously.

17 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Abraham played a huge part in their promotion . Then goes back to his club. All very well but you have to replace your goal scorer and Wesley didn’t look close to Abraham. 

Villa also overpaid for Mings because of the circumstances. Bournemouth basically named their price . Imagine Villa not having Abraham or Mings out of last years promotion side. 

We on the other hand used our own players.....

This is the flaw with using the loan market to secure promotion, same would have happened with Derby if they went up. Mount and Wilson were their best players.

And Villa got held to ransom for Mings, I bet they could have got a buy clause at £12m or something if they had the foresight and were well run. Like we have with Amadou. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, splendidrush said:

I saw highlights of Blades v Saints, it was like a Championship game. 

West Ham are a solid side at this level and won't be looking down at the end of the season. Home draw against them isn't a bad result. 

Yes your correct, thought that myself, was at Southampton  v Cardiff last season, with some saints fans and said Norwich would have beaten both of them on that performance, which most of them agreed with.We can hold our own with most of the teams in the bottom half of the premier league.

7 hours ago, AlexB said:

I remember when Norwich drew 2-2 with Birmingham on day 1 of last season and people were saying ‘paper over the cracks, we’ll be in league one next season’

wonder where they went

Back to their natural haunt .....Poorman Road .....I expect :classic_tongue: