Yellow Green Army

Binner supporting work colleague!!!

I was having a bit of banter with my binner supporting work colleague after the Man City result, he resorted to the usual pathetic rubbish and come backs. For example, how many trophies you won, put the trophies on the table, bet your going to have an open top bus parade now, you only won because of City’s poor defending blah blah blah. However his latest response is surely the best and most embarrassing of the lot. 

How many managers have you had to go on and manage England ???

I replied with laughing emojis and a comment calling him embarrassing. They truly are deluded and in denial that we are far superior in everything we do.

OTBC!

One fewer than them (as was revealed a couple of weeks ago)... But we've also had at least 1 Scotland manager and 3 Northern Ireland managers that I can think of...

Not called the "history boys" for nothing.

The entire ethos of that club is based upon achievements in the days of black and white television or at least forty years in the past.

It's all they have.

They remain as close to seeing Premier League football at Portman Road as I am of becoming Mr.Universe**.

** came a creditable tenth in 1986 though.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Everyone seems to be forgetting Mike Bassett. He has about as much relevance to the current fortunes of the club as any of our Suffolk neighbours' previous managers have for their current plight.

29 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Everyone seems to be forgetting Mike Bassett. He has about as much relevance to the current fortunes of the club as any of our Suffolk neighbours' previous managers have for their current plight.

They've never won the Mr Clutch Cup. :classic_laugh:

54 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

I was having a bit of banter with my binner supporting work colleague after the Man City result, he resorted to the usual pathetic rubbish and come backs. For example, how many trophies you won, put the trophies on the table, bet your going to have an open top bus parade now, you only won because of City’s poor defending blah blah blah. However his latest response is surely the best and most embarrassing of the lot. 

How many managers have you had to go on and manage England ???

I replied with laughing emojis and a comment calling him embarrassing. They truly are deluded and in denial that we are far superior in everything we do.

OTBC!

You have an Ipswich fan at work???

May I suggest that you quit, immediately?

What else have th poor beggars (literally) got ? Would they be talking about their 'glorious history' if the league positions were reversed ? Of course not.

And take another look at Saturday.

Here they were heading to poorman road to see a win that would take them to the top of the table, followed by our game where a weakened team would be hammered.......even more than their record 9-0 defeat.

So imagine how our straw chewing neighbours must have felt by the first 30 mins.

they had struggled to pick up a point at home to Doncaster, and we were already two up

..........................the misery just piles up for the paupers 😩

3 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

We've got Germany's World Cup 2026 winning coach.

Who’s that? Riemer? Cos Farke will still be here!

Ah the same old deluded retorts from Ipswich fans - cups and "provided" England managers. 

They forget that all this was half a century ago, if not further back.

They'll be devastated after all the focus that Norwich have had not only this weekend but in recent months, as they still seem to have this delusional belief that they are everyone's second club, that they are some sort of footballing superpower known throughout the world for their "rich history".

They are completely irrelevant, not only to us, but to the footballing world.

There are a couple of binners in our Lahhhdan office. The one I normally gloat to said to me he’d watched the match and thought we were fantastic!

Edited by Nuff Said

Enjoying some of these replies! Will come in handy the next time my Ipswich supporting work mate gets cocky.

He truly believes they will get 💯 goals and 💯 points this season😂

Edited by Yellow Green Army

Sadly I think they will get promoted this season. That division is incredibly weak. They’ve been cr*p so far yet still look likely to be top two and unbeaten after 8 games. 

Give it time. Once the older generation who can actually remember the glory days die out then it will slowly ebb away. Clubs like PNE have many major honours but their fans aren’t bleating on as it’s consigned to history. As Farke might say, “yeah I’m really relaxed about it”. 

I would prescribe weekly doses of MOTD with the Canaries winning and Shearer et al drooling over the class.

It will either kill or cure your Binner colleagues 😊

4 hours ago, Fiery Zac said:

Who’s that? Riemer? Cos Farke will still be here!

After we win back to back trebles he'll conclude he has achieved everything he can at club level so take the plunge on the international stage. 

• Haha 1

On and on and on they drone about their "history".

Every time they do, they think it strikes home and hurts....

...never has, never will. Now it's "...how many England managers?"

****s sake, what next?

"Yebbut, yebbut....how many stars do you have on YOUR shirt?"

None but we do have the Premier League badge. Which counts for a whole lot more.