Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Mings again

17 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Just gone head to head with one of his own players against West Ham. Unbelievable 

Saw it too. He really is a piece of work.

5 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Saw it too. He really is a nasty piece of work.

11 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Just gone head to head with one of his own players against West Ham. Unbelievable 

To be fair it looks like the other player initiated it, not Mings.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, king canary said:

To be fair it looks like the other player initiated it, not Mings.

Yeah - was definitely El Ghazi and not the minger - this time!!!

• Like 1

Mings looked pretty solid yesterday and dealt with Haller well. He definitely has a more mature head on him now than perhaps he has had in the past. From the sounds of it, he has been their standout player so far.

Even without the yellow glasses, I think Godfrey is the better player but credit where credit is due.

Godfrey has the potential to become a top, top player. I think those couple of years lost to injury have robbed Mings of that chance. Saying that if we'd have signed him in the summer I'd have been pretty happy.

Thought Mings was very good in that game. El Ghazi defo the idiot in that particular clash. El Ghazi progress as a player was slowed by his desire to leave Ajax for more money. Now ended up at Villa....... Exciting potential not yet realised, maybe it never will .

Mings is a brilliant CB. Clearly a bit of a prat, but I don’t see why Norwich fans seem to think he is rubbish. £20m will prove great value for Villa I think, although not quite as good as Godfrey for a few hundred thousand of course...

Interesting VAR situation in last nights game, besides the Mings situation.

Game went into added time, 3 minutes added, possible penalty for Villa but ball did not go out of play.

After a bit of back and forth, a possible penalty for Villa, ball still not gone out of play

Additional time up and the ball had not gone out of play in nearly 3 minutes and the first possible penalty shout.

Time up and the Ref blew the final whistle.

So, last minute of added time we get a pen shout for us, do we kick the ball out or if it`s against us do we try and keep the ball in play

If Mings had put Haller out until January he would be receiving different headlines on this forum today. 

Godfrey is as aggressive but he channels that aggression and that makes him the better player. 

8 minutes ago, Ramrod said:

If Mings had put Haller out until January he would be receiving different headlines on this forum today. 

Well... Yeah?

But he didn't, or come close to.

Mings and Godfrey could be England's CBs at the next World Cup!

Was it Redmond that ran him ragged in the play off semi?

3 hours ago, Molly Windley said:

Interesting VAR situation in last nights game, besides the Mings situation.

Game went into added time, 3 minutes added, possible penalty for Villa but ball did not go out of play.

After a bit of back and forth, a possible penalty for Villa, ball still not gone out of play

Additional time up and the ball had not gone out of play in nearly 3 minutes and the first possible penalty shout.

Time up and the Ref blew the final whistle.

So, last minute of added time we get a pen shout for us, do we kick the ball out or if it`s against us do we try and keep the ball in play

Not sure if this is the point that you’re making, but if VAR decided a penalty I don’t think the ball has to go out play does it? It can be awarded while the ball is in play.

51 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Not sure if this is the point that you’re making, but if VAR decided a penalty I don’t think the ball has to go out play does it? It can be awarded while the ball is in play.

My point was how can VAR advise the referee to look at the replay on the screen, which is only done when the ball goes out of play.

When the ball does not go out of play before full time is up then what is the rule?