Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Farkeball..

Watched that video about 10 times today, including showing it to work colleagues and anyone else who was willing to spend 15 minutes listening to me waffle on about the weekend! 

• Like 1

Just sublime football. It’s such a brave way to play but the reward is there to see. Yes at times we will get caught out playing that way but all teams that play that way do, as Man City did Saturday. Brilliant to hear the crowd encouraging it which shows their understanding has grown, a couple of seasons ago all you would hear is shouts of get rid of it, don’t **** about at the back!

• Like 1

If anyone could link the Paddy Power, Manchester City fan denial video of Paddy’s  twitter page on here then please do as it’s hilarious. I’ve no idea how you do it!

7 minutes ago, JF said:

If anyone could link the Paddy Power, Manchester City fan denial video of Paddy’s  twitter page on here then please do as it’s hilarious. I’ve no idea how you do it!

WARNING! Some very naughty language.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Tired said:

2.1m views on that :classic_ninja:

That means at least 2.1m have seen Todd's questionable goal celebrations. Can we ask him to work on that before Burnley please?! 

3.3 million views now! ( I’m probably responsible for a third of them!)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

That means at least 2.1m have seen Todd's questionable goal celebrations. Can we ask him to work on that before Burnley please?! 

Haha! I liked it!

4 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

It's a major part of this weeks cartoon in the Gaurdian.

'An artistic director shy of a full West End production'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

He even manages to get a special mention in for our sleeve sponsor...

1 hour ago, cornish sam said:

He even manages to get a special mention in for our sleeve sponsor...

Ewok Pukki, and Alan Partridge in there too. A single-handed argument for comic strip as art/literature form, in a few concise panels.

And every reader's comment decaying into a series of attack puns, to complete the fun

And yet still you here the panicked shrieks of “get rid of it” as we calmly knock the ball around our own penalty area. Although the natives are becoming more learned, the education must continue. Of course, the aimless hoof can be worthy of appreciation too, it has a time and a place. The days of it being our default play from a position of territorial disadvantage appear to be over. The philosophy is one built on trust. Trust in ability. Trust in colleagues. Trust in science. Trust in statistics. In such enjoyable times the least we, as supporters, can do is trust in it too. SO STOP BLOODY SHOUTING “GET RID” or “FORWARD!” or any other such nonsense. If you’re that desperate for a bit of long-ball hoof, watch it come straight back action, only bother turning up for the last five minutes as we cling on to victory or there is that other (fairly local) team...😉

• Like 4

6 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

The only thing of note in the sport section in my Guardian today is a nasty picture of Mings on the back page.

T W A T

Edited by Nuff Said

14 hours ago, splendidrush said:

The only way we're going to avoid the radar now, is to go into stealth mode.....

Nah. There are still far too many old-duffer commentators out there that will just say that Man City etc. were very bad at the back and say what the opposition did wrong, not so much on what norwich did right.

14 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

That is really great to see. 

Brilliant! Love how Jamie Carragher goes all quiet and red when Gary talks about pundits writing Norwich off for being naive...almost like someone gobbed on him out a window. Yes we all will remember that Carra!

Why is it that I keep coming back to this thread and playing that video 'just once more'?

Thanks Nutty.

Edited by Yellow Wal

2 hours ago, Yellow Wal said:

Why is it that I keep coming back to this thread and playing that video 'just once more'?

Thanks Nutty.

You could understand the classy one touch stuff if it were against someone rubbish like 1p5wich, but this Team did the Domestic treble last season. The most expensively assembled side, possibly ever.

Young kids playing tippy tappy in their own penalty area against one of the World's top Teams, no wonder the footballing world have been talking about it. 

11 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

You could understand the classy one touch stuff if it were against someone rubbish like 1p5wich, but this Team did the Domestic treble last season. The most expensively assembled side, possibly ever.

Young kids playing tippy tappy in their own penalty area against one of the World's top Teams, no wonder the footballing world have been talking about it. 

Yep, seeing Man City trying to press us and their £50m players getting nowhere near us as we pass the ball around  them is a joy to watch. All the more joyous because the first two goals were a direct result of that ability to negate the main Man City tactic of keeping you in your own half. They still had the lion share of possession but when we managed to get possession we made better use of it. 

23 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

That was my favourite bit too!

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

Not

?

A3C13CF8-06D3-4A77-9D4B-AF3682E8366D.jpeg

Do I have to pick just one? 

Also I love that our 3rd goal came from pressing them high up the pitch and Buendia robbing them on the edge of the box in a carbon copy of a goal he scored against Swansea last season.

if asked I would have been very doubtful we’d be able to do that against Prem sides, very glad to be proved wrong!

It really is a joy to see how our players can carry this off and Arsenal players absolutely can't. Of course we will have occasions when it goes wrong when we will all have a responsibility to stay strong.