Sign in to follow this  
Petriix

The Arbitrary Reactions Limit

I'm sure I can't be the only one who consistently runs out of reactions. I can't understand why there would be a limit on the number of times you can show your support or appreciation for the words of our fellow Pinkun members. You can 'like' an unlimited number of things on Facebook and upvote as many comments below-the-line on most major news articles. Can we ask the powers that be to remove or significantly increase the limit so that we can all be a bit more generous with our interactions on here?

• Like 2

👍👍👍

Ironically I would give you a like but I have run out somehow. It is a daft limit and having to ration them seems a bit silly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

At a minimum, raise the limit following significant events like Saturday’s result or Lakey admitting someone else is right. 😉

• Haha 2

I guess the thinking behind it is they have more value if you can't just spread them around for any old post. This way you know if you get a reaction to your post it actually means something, in a weird cyberworld kind of way anyway...

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Vazzza said:

I guess the thinking behind it is they have more value if you can't just spread them around for any old post. This way you know if you get a reaction to your post it actually means something, in a weird cyberworld kind of way anyway...

But like Petriix says, Facebook and their ilk don’t restrict their equivalent actions, and I’m sure they have done a great deal of research into the most effective approach to keeping us hooked to their particular version of social media.

Do other sites that use the same software apply restrictions too?

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

Does anybody know what the daily limit is?

No. Some days it's a lot, some days you've run out after two or three.

4 hours ago, Vazzza said:

I ran out of like and thanks thingies so I could only give you a confused one, where as I agree totally with your thought

cricket only allows so many appeals so it should be here, or the less bright will simply be posting them everywhere

perhaps it might be an idea to restrict their sort to a limited number of posts as well

it will cut down the clutter and the idiot posts that have to be waded through at times

35 minutes ago, Bill said:

I ran out of like and thanks thingies so I could only give you a confused one, where as I agree totally with your thought

cricket only allows so many appeals so it should be here, or the less bright will simply be posting them everywhere

perhaps it might be an idea to restrict their sort to a limited number of posts as well

it will cut down the clutter and the idiot posts that have to be waded through at times

So we will hear less from you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, It's Character Forming said:

Agree with the OP it was frustrating on Saturday!

i think the “day” runs on non-UK time, I got reactions back on Sunday afternoon.

I assumed it’s just in the last rolling 24 hours?

Edited by Nuff Said