Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

FAVOURITE GOAL CELEBRATIONS

I thought of this when I was trying to think of a great goal celebration by Dean Ashton. I think he slid on his knees once and held a finger or two up but he never really went ballistic....a;though I did when he scored against The Skunks.

So, irrespective of the circumstances, I tried to think of a great goal celebration by a City player. I remember Mel Machin eventually scoring for us, and going down on his knees in front of The Barclay (when it was ''The Barclay'') and doing the old arms extended prayer thing because we used to give him so much stick. Roberts generally looked pleased to score and his celebration at Crewe was good. Keith Bertschin used to run to the corner flag and then run round it.

Does anyone else have any happy memories to lighten the mood on this Board a little?

who could forget dave nielsens flip he did, i think he did it like twice. he didnt score alot so we never really got to see it.

use to love seeing mcveigh or crouch scoring, so mcveigh could jump on crouch, was a hilarious sight lol

Greased lightning was practised by the players who gladly publicised the fact that this was for a number of weeks, however only ever used it once Neil Adams equaliser against Sheff U, and it was pretty pathetic.  Choreographed celebrations are just pants.  Whats wrong with a firm handhake you pansies, hugs and kisses pure homoerotic.

Mick Channon - running faster than at any other point in a game, with one arm wheeling round and round and round and...Also Justin Fashanu''s ''Goal of the Season'' where he just stood still, nodding his head, with his index finger held up, like "I''m number 1!"

Gary Holt at Coventry - ran 90 yards to score from one yar out.  His only goal for NCFC.  Then he broke the 100m world record over to the fans. Priceless!

Not really a goal celebration, but i used to love when bryan gunn ran towards the goal and try to header the bar. it was quality. Mark Bowen and Chris Sutton was good as well when they punched and swing motion. Do you all remember?????

Green used to be good for a celebration - running all the way around his goal at the Millennium Stadium, diving into the Barclay when Ashton scored the winner against Newcastle...

[quote user="pete"]Greased lightning was practised by the players who gladly publicised the fact that this was for a number of weeks, however only ever used it once Neil Adams equaliser against Sheff U, and it was pretty pathetic.  Choreographed celebrations are just pants.  Whats wrong with a firm handhake you pansies, hugs and kisses pure homoerotic.[/quote]

Never thought I would say this  , but I agree Pete !!!       sh*t  I even saw two of `em kissing on the lips   recently on TV     ....  I kid you not !     and the way some of them  pile onto  the goal scorer   is almost an orgy !    veeeery   dodgy    ... just living for the moment when they  score   ....   LOL [6]

actually rudolph I thought ashton''s "jolly good show" celebration recently was hilarious - standing by the corner flag and bowing and shaking hands with huckerby and mcveigh like some turn of the century gent...

personally, i like to leap from my seat, jump up and down looking like a complete prat, screaming my head off, then joining in a group huddle with my mates, obviously synchronising that we jump up and down as one.  in the summer, i know its been a good one, when i have to recover my mobile phone, glasses and keys from three rows in front!

ncfc0405 wrote

actually rudolph I thought ashton''s "jolly good show" celebration recently was hilarious - standing by the corner flag and bowing and shaking hands with huckerby and mcveigh like some turn of the century gent...

You should try the Crypt for your matches then if you want to see good old fashioned manners, decorum and deportment. We all shake hands to celebrate a goal. Alright, there is Mello too chewing the table legs but nothing is ever perfect.

Call yourself "real fans" with that selection of apathetic limp celebration memories, how about when Iwan scored the Pen at crewe & did a dive with everyone ohhhhh the was tip top, meh!...........How can any city fan forget the infamous Jamie Cureton who not only died his hair green for the derby match but after scoring ran over to them scum section slapping his head causing all manner of problems for constabulary & stewards.  Overjoyed to score he still remembered to vent his derision at the inbred blue boys much to the delight of the carrow road faithfull.  Oh yes the holier than thou'' crowd said inciting the crowd was irresponsible, well guess what its a passionate game & too many over paid prema donnas forget how much this game means to true fans & the "sit down to watch a game & don''t ever sing as i have a muray mint on the go" crowd are making the game sterile with every PC comment they utter.