Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

VAR and the River End handball

In all the excitement no one seems to have mentioned the handball from a corner when we were 2-0 up. Looked a clear penalty to me. Was anyone watching on Sky? What did they say? 

blatant penalty and no one on media make much attention!

Incredibly with Pukki on fire from spot this can be 3-0 after 35 min wow

11 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

On sky they concluded it was not a penalty as it did not involve an unnatural arm movement by Stones

Or maybe they concluded it was not a penalty as Norwich already had enough goals and it would spoil the game for Man City😉

From behind the goal I thought it was clear handball but, watching the reply, I think it would have been harsh. His hands were out, but it wouldn't be possible to jump with them by your side. The ball traveled a very short distance from the head and it was in no way deliberate or possible to avoid.

Ultimately it was the correct decision; unlike many of the fouls against us which the referee completely ignored.

12 minutes ago, Petriix said:

From behind the goal I thought it was clear handball but, watching the reply, I think it would have been harsh. His hands were out, but it wouldn't be possible to jump with them by your side. The ball traveled a very short distance from the head and it was in no way deliberate or possible to avoid.

Ultimately it was the correct decision; unlike many of the fouls against us which the referee completely ignored.

The ref was no friend of ours!