Sign in to follow this  
Ward 3

Man city game

Eceryone keeps going on about man city's defence, laporte being out injured, kompany leaving in the summer. Not being funny but man city are reigning champions and the defenders have all played together in the past in champions league, premier league, all other cups.  Our main back 4 only started playing together last season in a league below. Yesterday we only had 2 of them in lewis and godfrey. Amadou is more of a CDM who can play CB when needed and did an exceptional job in his 2nd premier league appearance. And Sam Byram at RB, I know hes played a few games for us but to be chucked in the deep end this week he was pure quality, didnt give sterling much to go off. I just wish people would say we played city at their own game and took our chances instead of saying about man city defensive issues. 

3 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

I just wish people would say we played city at their own game and took our chances instead of saying about man city defensive issues.

Those that count aren't Wardy, Pep for example praised the way played as well other respected football commentators. Most of the comments blaming Man City's lack of quality in defence are from the uninformed or biased, such as Alan Shearer and Darren Bent, or blinkered Man City fans.

3 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Those that count aren't Wardy, Pep for example praised the way played as well other respected football commentators. Most of the comments blaming Man City's lack of quality in defence are from the uninformed or biased, such as Alan Shearer and Darren Bent, or blinkered Man City fans.

To be fair both Shearer and Bent made it very clear how impressed they were with our performance. Man Citys weakness in defence cant be ignored and was obviously a key part of the 2nd and 3rd goals so rightly highlighted.

Overall ive been pleasantly surprised and impressed with the praise we're getting from pundits and the media

3 hours ago, Fiery Zac said:

Some nice comments about our youth, style and Pukki on Sunday  Supplement too

Recorded that to watch when I'm home. Be good to see/hear it

3 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

Let's be honest - they're just defensively naive 😉.

To be honest they'll never win the Champions League until they get a better defence. Seems astonishing to me that one of the richest clubs in world football have Stones and Otamendi at CH.

• Haha 1

There is hindsight reporting based on pre-conceived prejudices.

For example there was absolutely nothing wrong with the Stones pass to Otamendi for our third goal. It was not ‘hazardous’ as the Sunday Times reported (for example).

Buendia sees the possibility of the pass and - brilliantly - does not make an initial move, which would have discouraged the pass.

Instead he pauses a crucial second - holds back his own excitement - to ‘fake’ Otamendi into relaxing and ensuring Jones still (correctly) made it.

Buendia then goes absolutely flat out for ‘the chance of a chance’. 

Extremely talented and psychologically cute play. This kind of ‘advanced thought play’ is a feature of Norwich Teams and sees us ‘predict and gamble’ on outcomes that others don’t.

Including bravely making tight passes in our penalty area.

Parma 

Edited by Parma Ham's gone mouldy
  • Like 5