Sign in to follow this  
WD40

Same XI Next Week

Hypothetically if Leitner or Vrancic were fit, McLean or Tettey surely can’t be dropped for the next game. There will be an element of ‘horses for courses’ and Burnley away will pose a different challenge. But those players that bided their time and took their chance deserve to keep their place  

The tactics were noticeably different against Citeh with Lewis and Byram holding their position. Farke saw how open we looked when losing possession and full backs well up the pitch. It will be interesting to see what he does for Burnley. 

Not sure how many we're likely to have back next week, most seem fairly medium - long term injuries..

Roberts will obviously be available....but I'm not even sure if he would have even been on the bench yesterday !?!...

Well Cantwell looked to have tweaked his groin (not a euphemism) at the end by the corner flag. Fingers crossed he’s not another joining the injury list... I’d have though that Roberts will certainly be on the bench though - unless we’re going to have to now keep putting two keepers on the bench every week as a lucky talisman!

2 hours ago, Crafty Canary said:

Todd said it was just a bit of cramp and he has no injury when he was interviewed on Sky.

Phew!

Well, it’s a nice problem to have if anyone has recovered. Given what we’ve seen of Farke’s behaviour on selection, the favourite has to be the same team again.

I’m struck by the Mayor’s ability to make his mark each time he’s picked, he doesn’t have that star quality of a Leitner but he does have the knack of key contributions in critical games.

Aarons is an interesting one, if he’s not recovered for Burnley and Byram has another good game, it may be the last we see of Max for a while.

And Tettey, well, no Tettey, no party.

2 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Not sure how many we're likely to have back next week, most seem fairly medium - long term injuries..

Roberts will obviously be available....but I'm not even sure if he would have even been on the bench yesterday !?!...

I’d have though Roberts might have made the bench ahead of a third keeper, but know what you mean!

The great thing yesterday was that it didn’t really look at all like a ‘scratch’ defence, and seemed to be well disciplined in the main. I can’t imagine the plan to have both Byram and Amadou in can have been in place more than a couple of days; thankfully Ben’s injury didn’t show, he looked as full of pace as usual.

23 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Well, it’s a nice problem to have if anyone has recovered. Given what we’ve seen of Farke’s behaviour on selection, the favourite has to be the same team again.

I’m struck by the Mayor’s ability to make his mark each time he’s picked, he doesn’t have that star quality of a Leitner but he does have the knack of key contributions in critical games.

Aarons is an interesting one, if he’s not recovered for Burnley and Byram has another good game, it may be the last we see of Max for a while.

And Tettey, well, no Tettey, no party.

Didn't Farke say Aaron's was out until the next international break? So mid October earliest. We're very short at the back and vulnerable to any other injuries. 

• Like 1

Byram's gonna get 4 or 5 games to show his worth, he was a star at Leeds and was unlucky with injuries at West Ham, a brilliant find by Webber. 

• Like 1