Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

14th September should forever be known as...

I prefer to think that we nicked the points off Man City

Β 

Β 

..................so perhaps it could be known as Robbin' Day :classic_laugh:

Aww shucks ☺️......

........but the most important thing was getting the three points - and that was a huge three points in the context of things, not just today, but for the kick starting the rest of the season.Β  That was why I kept saying it would be a huge disappointment if we lost today - because we would still be on three points and at the bottom of the table and with uncertainty still in the ranks.

But - with that performance and result we have removed any doubt that we can compete at the highest level and get points off the very best.Β  It won't be easy, but the knowledge and belief gained from today will help us in the next few weeks and through the season.

Β 

• Like 2

Over all, I think most people were hoping for more than 3 points from our first 5 games.Β 

Writing off games at Anfield and at home to the League Champions and Europa Cup Winners made sense.

Targeting a win against Newcastle and hoping to get something at West Ham were where most people would have thought points were possible.Β 

Turns out it worked out slightly different, but who wouldn't be pleased with 6 points considering our opponents and injuries.Β 

We've got to keep it going now, the squad is still thin and there are no easy games, long way to go yet.Β 

Absolute nonsense. He was told constantly by people the only way we would get anything from City was ifΒ allΒ our players played the game of their lives and Man City wereΒ Β having an off day. We were stunning and they were surprisingly average. His plan for beating them was playing keepΒ ball and dominating possession, we had 31% possession. As another poster said, a broken clock is right twice a day and he lost all credibility when last season at the end of the season he again goes against the grain regarding our promotion chances. He’s simply a contrarian that will deliberately put himself in that positionΒ 

My partner's brother in law is a 'Man C supporter' (even though he's never been North of the Equator) Today, he's very difficult to get hold of. πŸ˜‰

• Haha 1