Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

So, where does that rank amongst results/performances at Carrow Rd?

I'll throw a few out there ....

Ncfc 1 - 1 Bayern 1993

Ncfc 2 - 0 Man Utd 2005

Ncfc 1 - 0 Liverpool 1983?....(John Deehan)

Ncfc 2-1 Liverpool 1987 (Putney,Drinkell)

Ncfc 2-1 Man Utd 1991?? FA Cup

Ncfc 3-1 West Ham 1989 Fa Cup qtr final

Ncfc 2-0 The Filfth  1985 Milk Cup semi final

Ncfc 1-0 The Filfth 1981 (Fashanu)...we still got relegated, but at least we helped to stop them win the league

....any others?....have I missed any?

21 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I'll throw a few out there ....

Ncfc 1 - 1 Bayern 1993

Ncfc 2 - 0 Man Utd 2005

Ncfc 1 - 0 Liverpool 1983?....(John Deehan)

Ncfc 2-1 Liverpool 1987 (Putney,Drinkell)

Ncfc 2-1 Man Utd 1991?? FA Cup

Ncfc 3-1 West Ham 1989 Fa Cup qtr final

Ncfc 2-0 The Filfth  1985 Milk Cup semi final

Ncfc 1-0 The Filfth 1981 (Fashanu)...we still got relegated, but at least we helped to stop them win the league

....any others?....have I missed any?

NCFC 2 Southampton 1 FA Cup Quarter Final 1992

NCFC 3 Ipswich 1 Play off final 2015

Play off final v Middlesboro is up there, simply because of the way we dominated the game. 

As as a standard Premier League game tho, this is right up there. Our win was no lucky fluke. We deserved it. 

Edit- just seen the Carrow Road bit. Probably celebrating a bit too much. :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

Edited by duke63

Opinions will differ as to where of course, except one and that its got to be up there amongst the best...both result and performance  but more than that...and this part will  likely be forgotten over time...on the back of a huge injury list, one look at the subs bench tells all we we truly  were down to the bare bones. Make no mistake, this season will still be a massive test but today proved to all that we are deserving of being Premier...it was a Premier performance.

This is definitely up there!

Not the same level but one I really liked was stuffing Wolves 3-1 in the Play off semi final in 2002.

We finished 6th with 75 points, they finished 3rd with 86 points and were unlucky to miss out on automatic promotion.

We had our hatred of Wolves at the time as this was post-Bellamy. 

From what I remember we were a bit leaky at the back and our team was built with peanuts, and they had serious firepower and a lot more money to spend so we were the underdogs. Thrashed them.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

The comeback against Boro is pretty special still. Not a fantastic result but from a definite loss at 4-1 to a draw at 4-4 was still amazing to watch. 4-1 against scum was also brilliiant.

One to throw in the mix Is the Five one away win at Everton with Efan scoring four and a Goss wonder strike.

Bearing in mind our injuries and the strength of the Man City team this today has got to be one of the best, certainly in the top three, that I've seen.