Sign in to follow this  
Christoph Stiepermann

Player Ratings

For me, not using a relative metric, all players are judged the same regardless of reputation or worth and that a 10 is a performance that will be remembered forever not just by us but by every football fan and a 1 is an Ali Dia or Michael Theoklitos, this is how I saw today

Krul 8

Byram 7.5

Amadou 8

Godfrey 8.5

Lewis 7.5

Tettey 8

McLean 7.5

Cantwell 8.5

Stiepermann 6.5

Buendia 8

Pukki 8.5

Subs N/A

How did everyone else see it?

I thought Byram set the tone against Sterling, so much so he went across on the other wing.

All were superb, Emi had his best game this season too, really impressive by all.

Such a hard one to rate. Such a brilliant performance and fantastic result. Thought the defence was unbelievably today coupled with the front players taking their chances. EMI should get a special mention today hand in all three goals.

Harsh to single anyone out as it really was a team performance. Having said that I’m now going to...

Byram was magnificent. Pushed into the team and looked so comfortable. Obviously already a PL player but to slot so seamlessly into the team was remarkable, not to mention having Sterling in his pocket for the whole game. What a set of full backs we have at the club.

Byram was my man of the match. You won't see many players force a player of sterlings quality to switch wings. A monumental performance and Max will have to work bloody hard to get that spot back.

Buendia and Steipermann were back to last season's form too.

Buendia in particular showed a maturity that I haven't seen from him before. While he still ran around like a terrier desperate for the ball (which I love) - there were no theatrics or strops that has sometimes let him down before. Some superb work rate in tracking back too.

I'm going to stop there, because I got write a paragraph on every player. I wouldn't give anyone less than an 8.

Tonight Amadou and Godfrey is the best centre back partnership I have seen for Norwich. Also this is Emi's first premier league game.

Edited by mastoola

I would put Buendia higher for being involved in all three goals. Beautiful ball on the corner for McLean, started the break for cantwell’s goal and gifted the third to Pukki after picking poor otamendi’s pocket. They all played amazing though.

I started writing this mentioning Buendia and Byram were stand out players, then went on to mention Cantwell, Amadou, Lewis as being a class above, then Godfrey, Pukki, Krul player brilliantly but not forgetting Stiepermann, McLean and Tettey were also excellent...

8.5 everyone. If I had to pick, Buendia as MoM. Just.