Sign in to follow this  
East Rider

Loudest I've ever heard the riverend

I think that was the loudest I've ever heard the Riverend. Infact at times I couldn't even hear the Barclay, it was that noisy,.

Well done those who kept up the chanting and support, I even saw one lady with her hands over her ears!

OTBC

• Like 3

Well I’ve been attending CR since 1958 and can say hand on heart the atmosphere this evening was second to none. It was loud, it was raucous, it was amazing. And a truly excellent game, backs to the wall stuff at times, but some great football from a city side whose own passions were brilliant.

• Like 1

Perhaps the best atmosphere I have experienced at a Norwich game in my time. Tackles, blocks and even just a good press were being celebrated like goals - was a joy to be a part of it.

Have to agree with others on this thread - been going since 1971 and I honestly think that from the first minute to the final whistle that's the best atmosphere I've ever experienced. 

• Like 1

that was truly astonishing, as usually it quietens down a bit but this evening not only did it keep going but seemed to be from a;; parts of the ground... a constant barrage of encouragement and might I say expectation as if it was going to be 'our day'

and it was .... 70 mins of the game we in the lead and of them over 50 mins it was by two goals, no fluky lucky goal or dodgy decision either, just a stunning performence that raised the roof, and the bar that will take some beating both on and off the pitch

15 hours ago, East Rider said:

I think that was the loudest I've ever heard the Riverend. Infact at times I couldn't even hear the Barclay, it was that noisy,.

All done with hardly a flag in sight. 🤣😜😎

10 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

All done with hardly a flag in sight. 🤣😜😎

Ha ha, yes very true, though I do like those flags and banners.

If people mane the effort with support, others will follow.

My measure of how great an atmosphere at Carrow Road is has always been that last gasp winner from Simeone Jackson against Derby 3-2.  I can wholeheartedly say that Saturdays game against Man City beats that......by quite a distance in my eyes.

The whole ground was fantastic for noise throughout the game but especially toward the end when each crunching tackle was met with a standing ovation and huge applause....backing our boys to finish the job.  Outstanding!

Hands down the best atmosphere in my 45 years of going to Carrow Road, including the Milk Cup semi final v Ipswich, the Bayern Munich game and the play off semi-final v Ipswich.  I'd be interested in hearing if anyone can offer a game with a better atmosphere?

17 minutes ago, Flecky10 said:

I`d forgotten this one 😉

I said to my mate as we left I thought it was better than the play-off semi vs the scum. 

This one was the loudest imo , my memory goes back to 1986... There have been some loud moments and good atmosphere, but this one...