Sign in to follow this  
CRAFTY CANARY

New Players About to Sign.

Hi All,Crafty Canary here again with the latest information from my contacts within club.I bought you news first that Robinson was coming here on loan first,I Posted to you Sunday Deano was gone before it went live and NOW here is the latest about to happen.Virtually signed and sealed.

Greg Halford from Colchester-At Colney Today.

Mcsheffrey From Coventry.

Davenport from Spurs.

No Mention of Jerome as that one is proving difficult.But still working on it.

I Know these names have already been mentioned alot but it has all been happening today regarding these players.

Also Green is going to Charlton for £2.5 Million.No Players in deal.Thank god for that No Lisbie.......

O.T.B.C.........

If this is true i will be extremely happy mostly.,

Halford would be a bargain at just over a million. We have no good right sided players and so would walk straight in the team. Davenport would be good competititionm and i will be happy unless the price is much over 1 million. Mcsheffery however doesnt seem to be the sort of player we need, i believe that a target man is required because we have hucks, mcveight and go an extent mckenzie. Mcsheffery would be good competition and at no more than 1.5 million could do a job but i hope he doesnt come as a direct replacement for ashton.

If green goes i wont be angry as we have 3 other more than capable keepers. I will wish him luck, say thanks for the memories and then laugh if we really do get 2.5 million for an out of form keeper.

[quote user="CRAFTY CANARY"]

Hi All,Crafty Canary here again with the latest information from my contacts within club.I bought you news first that Robinson was coming here on loan first,I Posted to you Sunday Deano was gone before it went live and NOW here is the latest about to happen.Virtually signed and sealed.

Greg Halford from Colchester-At Colney Today.

Mcsheffrey From Coventry.

Davenport from Spurs.

No Mention of Jerome as that one is proving difficult.But still working on it.

I Know these names have already been mentioned alot but it has all been happening today regarding these players.

Also Green is going to Charlton for £2.5 Million.No Players in deal.Thank god for that No Lisbie.......

O.T.B.C.........

[/quote] I hope you are wrong!! They all look like good signings and Wiz said we ain''t geeting any one but c**p players

Please, please, please make this happen, Finally get Jerome as well. At last something to smile about!!! Hope Greeno gets his move he hasn''t looked very happy all season. Fingers crossed for a better weekend.

A few points....

if this is all true then the money has been spent wisely,

where does Shackell fit in? will Fleming become more involved in coaching or will Jason feel he is being pushed out? not that I disagree with four central defenders but....

look at McSheffrey''s goal scoring record - very good and very consistent, don''t look a gift horse in the mouth if we get him - he''s a good footballer,

I really, really, really hope that Worthy uses the talents these players will bring to the club because they are all (apart from Davenport) in their respective first teams and all in-form. This MUST continue.

If we get Cameron Jerome as well...................phew!

If that''s true then that''s great. But do we really need McSheffrey? We have McVeigh and Hucks (as someone else has mentioned) I would much prefer Jerome, as he''s more of a target man, the type of striker that we need.

Hey Crafty,

I hope you''re right with the signings. However I can categorically tell you the Green has heard nothing from anyone except Portsmouth who pulled out as few days before they signed Kiely as Worthy wants £3.5mil for him. (£2.5m up front and £1m in add ons...)

OTBC

[quote user="ncfcanna"]If that''s true then that''s great. But do we really need McSheffrey? We have McVeigh and Hucks (as someone else has mentioned) I would much prefer Jerome, as he''s more of a target man, the type of striker that we need.[/quote]I dunno really, but consider that McVeigh hasn''t signed a new contract as of yet, and Huckerby is not getting any younger. What''s wrong with signing a 23 year old backup for the pair of them?

[quote user="ncfcanna"]If that''s true then that''s great. But do we really need McSheffrey? We have McVeigh and Hucks (as someone else has mentioned) I would much prefer Jerome, as he''s more of a target man, the type of striker that we need.[/quote]With you mostly anna, but Hucks aint getting any younger, and the doomsayers have been predicting wee Paul''s end-of-season departure for months now! McSheffrey would be an excellent signing if even one of those two were gone.I hate to pour cold water on such joy, but CRAFTY CANARY''s contact may not have it right - it''s fingers-crossed time.

All In Yellow,

Green will be going.Joe Lewis actually asked Worthy  a week ago about going on loan to Cambridge to get some needed experience and games but was told he couldnt,until the situation with Green was sorted out.as keeper cover will be needed.

With the current state of the club and previous searches for leaks within.. I doubt very much .. sadly.  but I hope I am wrong.as they look good .....

If I had a contact within the club ..I sure as eggs are eggs I would not be advertising the fact.so openly  it wouldn''t take that much for the club to work out who is in a position to be privileged to know that info ..and to leak it would mean probable sacking..

if its true bout davenport, will flem be the new right back ? Shacks as cover (they are trying to get him through to the end of the season without a knee op)

Crafty,

I''m sure you''re right, but the only problem with that is in order for him to go, we need a bid for him, and nobody has made one yet. How many times have we heard that clubs are sniffing round him, and then no bids been made? I think that unless Worthy brings his asking price down he may be here in Feb. Saying that a bid could come in tomorrow.
That''s football. We''ll see...

Lads,

Is this Halford an attacking right sided midfielder? I really hope so as I feel that our first shoice line up would be superb if he was and they all came!

I would still like to see Davenport sign as then we have Shack''s Davenport and Doherty competing for places and back up for injuries.

The midfield would then have Hucks, Safri, Halford, with width in it aswell, there would be plenty of people to play the holding role if required and we could even clear a couple out from Robinson, Jarrett, Etuhu etc...!

The forwards, I would like to see both Jerome and Mcsheffrey signed this would give us plenty of options with Mckenzie on the way back! Also Mcveigh could play just in behind in a 4,3,3 formation.

I cant see why we could''nt buy all of these players if Greeno does depart and I feel that we would have a team to challenge for the play-offs or definately go close next season.

Things could be looking up! If this is true? Might just give Worthy another chance if this is the case and prepare to eat my words humbly!

At present we dont have the ability in the players to pass the ball with this side we would!

Come On!! Get these lot in and spank the binners!

How do we know that no bids have come in for Green? The way the Ashton affair went and Doncasters actions about not telling us about transfer activities because its not in the clubs interest`s the bids may already be there and just waiting for final stamp of approval from the board.With a possible £2.5 Million from Greens transfer and the money from Ashtons,the likes of getting Jerome as well would be well within our grasp along with the rest.You never know we may unvail them all at once at a press conference?.It would be like the Hucks and Crouch scenario all over again.What a boost for morale.Dont forget we then suddenly add depth of strenght to the squad which we all know has been missing all season.The loss of Ashton after all might not seem so bad.I think he became to injury prone this season or couldnt be bothered to put effort in(Not Committed) as he was always stretching hamstrings during the match whilst wearing his cycling shorts under the city shorts.This may be the blessing in disguise we needed.

halford is a RIGHT BACK he can play upfront or in the centre of midfield he will not be the answer to the right wing

This is a message that brings hope to my brain and the posibility of seeing a team of players working for one another for a change.  The whole post seems more like a dream thaa reality. OTBC

Fingers crossed - these are all rather promising and certainly not impossible, but we''ll have to wait and see.  For me, if getting McSheffrey, Halford, Davenport and a sniff of Jerome signing = Ashton (and maybe Green) leaving, then c''est la vie!  We certainly get the best of it imo - we lose a disinterested Ashton (and maybe an underperforming Greeno) for way over the odds, in return we get a bunch of decent young players (oldest is 24 I think?), who would add plenty to the squad in a decent mix of positions.  I for one would be happy.

[quote user="Cowley"]halford is a RIGHT BACK he can play upfront or in the centre of midfield he will not be the answer to the right wing[/quote]Halford''s played right-mid for Colchester & England under 20''s. The Col U message board reckons he''s the best crosser of a ball in League 1 so he sounds fine!

We can only hope these are true, although the davenport and McSheffrey ones are a bit bemusing as we have centre half cover for the rest ofthe season now shacks is fit again and Flem doing ok, and mcSheffrey although a talent prefers the space that hux loves, advanced left sided up front.   He is a striker as  hux was but a strike force of  WLY and MSheffrey means a major rethink on tactical apporach.

Halford would be a class act as his prefered current position is right midfield which is the biggest gapthis squad has had this season.

Fingers crossed but I anticipate disappointment... 

No mention of Koumas from anyone I think we could get him cheap plus he would put some talent into the lack of Central Midfielders that we have at present with the exception of Safri ofcourse