Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Bring on MOTD. Can't wait......

....to hear what the overpaid/predictable/boring/brainwashed/out of touch/blinkered/numpty experts who know SWA about football have to say.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

....to hear what the overpaid/predictable/boring/brainwashed/out of touch/blinkered/numpty experts who know SWA about football have to say.

Especially        👇

image.png.312c5b68d6a546b4c50d8a2661a2fbae.png

I'll watch but you just know they'll focus entirely on Man City's wayward finishing and dodgy defending rather than highlight what we did so well.

MOTD doesn't ever seem to have much nuance, and I'm not sure which direction the 'pendulum' of opinion is currently set to.

Could be the old (and favourite) "MAN CITY WERE POOR, THAT'S WHY NORWICH WON"

or it could have swung to the "OVERLY EFFUSIVE UNDERDOG SUPPORT / AMAZEMENT / NORWICH CAN DO NO WRONG".

We're due for some of the latter, but don't be surprised if it's the former.

3 minutes ago, Orly said:

MOTD doesn't ever seem to have much nuance, and I'm not sure which direction the 'pendulum' of opinion is currently set to.

or it could have swung to the "OVERLY EFFUSIVE UNDERDOG SUPPORT / AMAZEMENT / NORWICH CAN DO NO WRONG".

We're due for some of the latter, but don't be surprised if it's the former.

We know that it will be all about how poor Man City were. 

It will be bad zonal defending for the first, poor position for the second by Walker and lack of urgency by Otamendi for the third rather than great run and header from the Mayor, superb run and ball from Pukki and brilliant steel by Buendia. 

MOTD won't change as long as they have outdated ex-pros commenting who don't have a clue. 

Mind you Sky aren't that much better, they were commenting about how many goals we'd conceded without balancing it out with who we'd played so guess it's always little old lucky Norwich but that's fine with me 👍🏼

Listening to talksport on the way home (stupid I know but 606 had finished) and I’m sure whoever their ‘analyst’ on there was (Bent possibly?) called him Daniel Wagner. Anybody else hear this? 

My own fault for listening to that rubbish. While he gave us credit it was all about Man City’s defence and the loss of Laporte and Kompany. How many players are we missing?!

31 minutes ago, Orly said:

Strangely anyone on here who gave us any hope said that Man City would have to play poorly. They did, although we still had to play well ourselves. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tired said:

I'll watch but you just know they'll focus entirely on Man City's wayward finishing and dodgy defending rather than highlight what we did so well.

^ This

3 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Listening to talksport on the way home (stupid I know but 606 had finished) and I’m sure whoever their ‘analyst’ on there was (Bent possibly?) called him Daniel Wagner. Anybody else hear this? 

My own fault for listening to that rubbish. While he gave us credit it was all about Man City’s defence and the loss of Laporte and Kompany. How many players are we missing?!

I hear this as well, he definitely said 'Wagner'. However, to be fair he was quite complimentary about us. The Man city fan who sounded like he was on his way home to Yarmouth was saying how unfair it was that they had a defender out and could only replace him with £50m Stones!

Hard fu9%ing life isn't  it?

Lovely comment somewhere in the Guardian comments

"Liverpool and Chelsea will be pleased they played us before we settled"

😊😊😊

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Strangely anyone on here who gave us any hope said that Man City would have to play poorly. They did, although we still had to play well ourselves. 

I'm of the opinion that they played poorly because we made them.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Orly said:

I'm of the opinion that they played poorly because we made them.

Good point, totally agree 

If anyone could post some of the pundits actual quotes on this thread, that would be really appreciated - no tv here in Crete, cheers!

Yup, very positive from Ian Wright who highlighted Buendia's contribution, then Shearer who made a point of highlighting our injuries before tearing Man City apart from a defensive standpoint. 

Fair play to Wright and Shearer, were very complimentary, especially as Shearer could’ve just got straight into criticising Man City’s defence but stopped to applaud how good we were (quite rightly). Nice the focus was on us to start with and great piece about Buendia. He’s really arrived in the PL now.

• Like 1

They had particular praise for Buendia and Cantwell. Could've given a bit of credit to Amadou for his first start and getting MOTM in a position that isn't his preferred one, but at least they showed some nice clips of us getting out of the Man City press. We looked really smooth in those clips. I still can't believe how bad Stones/Otamendi were.

Edited by Carn
  • Like 2

It was something me and my mate were commenting on at the game, once you get past the initial Man City press then chances will come. The few passages of passing they showed from us were beautiful. Bravo Farke for sticking to his philosophy even against the best in the world. Pukkis goal shows they didn’t expect a taste of their own medicine (as well as being simple awful defending)

Edited by Fiery Zac

4 minutes ago, Carn said:

They had particular praise for Buendia and Cantwell. Could've given a bit of credit to Amadou for his first start and getting MOM in a position that isn't his preferred one, but at least they showed some nice clips of us getting out of the Man City press. We looked really smooth in those clips. I still can't believe how bad Stones/Otamendi were.

I'm not they are a mistake waiting to happen.

7 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

It was something me and my mate were commenting on at the game, once you get past the initial Man City press then chances will come. 

Yep against Liverpool we lost the ball when trying to play it out. Today we very rarely did. The build up to the corner that led to our first was quality - a fairly long period of possession where we played it out from the back, recycled possession patiently and then moved through the gears leading to a corner. The MOTD highlights just reminded me of a few other times as well - some of our playing out today was of the highest quality. Even Tettey (who I worry is one of the weaker passers/in possession of our midfielders) did well today playing it out when needed (as well as his usual ever reliable defensive qualities). 

Edited by Aggy

It wasn't till quite late tonight that Last Night of the Proms was trending higher than NCFC. All over the world, one American kid said "GO NORWICH SWANS or whatever the bird is".

33 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

Pretty poor highlights - but to be expected when there are so many games on.

What was more interesting was the highlights in the little bit of analysis illustrating our superbly inventive one touch passing in triangles even when defending near the goal. Takes nerves of steel, fantastic technical ability & team cohesion to achieve & is a joy to watch. I love this team.

• Like 2

Reading through the BBC live notes there seems to have been a very good shout for a penalty when Stones handled in the box.  Some consternation that VAR didn't flag this up -  but no mention on MotD.

I think that VAR was checked and the referee held the corner until the result came back. Some on the news feed stated it should have been a penalty.