Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Now do you understand??

4 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I just wonder what his old adversary from Tumbleweed.com would be saying on here in light of Lakey's moment of fame ? 😜

Hopefully he is just celebrating the win like the rest of us, but he'll probably have said somewhere "he's still a olympic grade b*ll*nd" ......some people you can't win over!

Edited by lake district canary

10 hours ago, lake district canary said:

That is true.  But, my point was that nothing is certain in football and there was every chance of getting points if we played our best - in the face of quite a lot of ridicule and that Man city were certain to win whatever we did. 

What yesterday's win will also do, is give us the same belief we had most of last season - that we could win any game and it meant there was never real anxiety in the crowd - and that surely now applies to this season in bucket loads.

That was why it was such an important game for us to win or at least draw - lose and you are still down amongst the bottom clubs and still wondering about your chances - win and you set yourselves up with huge belief going forwards. 

To be fair mate you have twisted rather what we said and what you said. The way we would win you said was to dominate possession and you also pointed out that we were better than Man City. You also said we wouldn’t sit deep, I know it didn’t look like that on MOD but we did. The thread was how would we stop Sterling and Farke came up with a plan that worked. No one said we were 100% going to lose we pointed it out it was not a problem to lose to Manchester City you said it was.

What made it all the better was that we were able to watch probably the best team in the world at the moment get beat. Byron was outstanding, as was Amadou and Bundeia and had we have not had all of those injuries 2 of those wouldn’t have been playing.

A bit like last year I wonder if through injuries we have players that we considered 1st team players that will sit on the bench for the rest of the season. 

In 55 years of my pilgrimage to FCR that is the best atmosphere and probably result I have witnessed. I still stick by what most said on the thread that you refer to that one of the reasons for being in the EPL is to see some of the best players in the world. I beleive your point was we weren’t allowed to appreciate the world class players on view this year. 

By the way £36 I won £2 at 18/1. If I had waited until our injury news on Friday could have got 28/1.

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

To be fair mate you have twisted rather what we said and what you said. The way we would win you said was to dominate possession and you also pointed out that we were better than Man City. You also said we wouldn’t sit deep, I know it didn’t look like that on MOD but we did. The thread was how would we stop Sterling and Farke came up with a plan that worked. No one said we were 100% going to lose we pointed it out it was not a problem to lose to Manchester City you said it was.

To be really fair, plenty of people were telling me there was no chance of winning and that it was just a question of how many we were going to lose by.  Also, the question about how to stop Sterling was a specific one and keeping possession was just my idea of how we could achieve that. It was not my overall point, which I have been making all week on different threads - that defeat was not a foregone conclusion and that winning or at least drawing was a perfectly reasonable proposition if we played at our best.

As for it being a problem losing to them was clear to me and I still can't understand why people would think it would have been ok. It was a huge game in terms of the rest of the season - win and the three points takes us way up the table, win and it gives renewed belief to players and fans alike that we are well in this division and not just going to be cannon fodder.  Lose and it just re-inforces the idea we are going to be grovelling around 18-20th in the table all season.  It was a huge game in that respect and people saying 'oh, it doesn't matter if we lose to them' just seemed daft to me.

5 hours ago, lake district canary said:

To be really fair, plenty of people were telling me there was no chance of winning and that it was just a question of how many we were going to lose by.  Also, the question about how to stop Sterling was a specific one and keeping possession was just my idea of how we could achieve that. It was not my overall point, which I have been making all week on different threads - that defeat was not a foregone conclusion and that winning or at least drawing was a perfectly reasonable proposition if we played at our best.

As for it being a problem losing to them was clear to me and I still can't understand why people would think it would have been ok. It was a huge game in terms of the rest of the season - win and the three points takes us way up the table, win and it gives renewed belief to players and fans alike that we are well in this division and not just going to be cannon fodder.  Lose and it just re-inforces the idea we are going to be grovelling around 18-20th in the table all season.  It was a huge game in that respect and people saying 'oh, it doesn't matter if we lose to them' just seemed daft to me.

So, to stop us all fretting for the next 5 days, how will we fare at Burnley?

2 hours ago, splendidrush said:

So, to stop us all fretting for the next 5 days, how will we fare at Burnley?

It's the kind of game we need to be winning if we're going to make the top four.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Yeah fair play to LDC. If you're going to get ridiculed for bold predictions it's only fair to get the acknowledgement when they come to pass.

And whilst I still disagree with the position in general. I'll even admit that had we have surrendered victory after that 88 minute 3-1 lead I'd even have found myself sickenly disappointed 😀

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, ThorpeCanary said:

If you're going to get ridiculed for bold predictions

... you may as well be emboldened by ridiculous ones?

To be fair, the Read Norwich match article has actually got it right:

• Little old Norwich played the champions of England and not even the most positive of Norwich fans would ever have predicted the outcome.

since LDC's score prediction would never be so negative as 3-2

Edited by GenerationA47

Ive always been in the positive camp about the direction City are headed ever since Webber and DF arrived at the club, never once doubted, not even in the lowest of times and for sure Lakey has always been this way to. Must admit though, i would not have  dared to suggest what he suggested, mainly because i to mostly thought Saturday was  just about an impossible task, because of the injuries we had, not any lack of belief that the squad in general, when most are fully fit, could get something from the game. So fair dues Lakey.

Huge 3 points, but it still concerns me that right now our squad is wafer thin on fully fit players, so the next few weeks and months are going to be a massive test for our club. Trying to look on the positive side as Lakey does,  this time of year we do have precious  breaks due to the international scene, have less games than  when we were in the Champs, also no League Cup games to care about.  Of course to, as shown on Saturday,  every last  City player left standing  has the ability to give of his best, the togetherness, never say die attitude and belief  this squad have formed since DF's arrival is second to none, all added to the technical quality that has oozed from practically nowhere to being so self evident in the space of 12 months and its these qualities  that could get us through.

Winning the Championship after where we stood a year ago was like  climbing to the top of Ben Nevis, surviving in the Prem, with this amount of injuries, is akin to climbing to the top of Everest, but  thou negativity has its place on forums, maybe we should all cut us a slice of Lakey's positivity, i think our squad and club have earned that from us.