Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Now do you understand??

Fair dues Lakey. I had to miss the game to attend a memorial service, and then checking the score afterwards - wow. Sporting miracles apparently happen too.

12 minutes ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

I've come to the conclusion that Lakey is the Anti-Lawro

Well Lawro did get the x - 2 bit correct 😂

I was dancing around the top of Vail mountain looking like an idiot! People thought I was being chased by a wasp!

What a phenomenal performance. I will admit I was hugely skeptical of anything other than a true beating.

I’m off to buy a lottery ticket!

Absolutely incredible game! Well played Lakey.

Unfortunately I’d probably predict a similar outcome if I had to again, we played completely out of our skins today, defended like lions and also had the luck at both ends to go our way on the night.. It would be unreasonable to expect something similar against every top team in the form of a pre match prediction / expectation but we can sure hope!

As I said on the sterling thread, my prediction before the game and level of support at it are not correlated and you can bet every single one of our fans was 100% behind the team from kick off. 

What a special performance and result tonight has been. I can’t quite believe it!

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

That's football - we played at our best and forced Man City to not play at their best.

Fair play  Lakeyo.  True . 

8 hours ago, Ramrod said:

Still we can't keep a clean sheet and beating Man City will probably relegate us. 

....agree with this, why can't we be 1p5wich 😉

Lakey, just returned to this board after a night out and I am delighted you're getting some kudos for a change. 

It's also good that the usual miserable ar5eholes are absent because we pulled off such a great result and those players who usually get slated were excellent. 

• Like 2

Lets not pretend LDC predicted a win,

He stated it 'could' happen, like we 'could' come 3rd or be relegated, like you 'could' win the lottery.

If you read his posts he never actually gives a opinion/prediction.

45 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Lets not pretend LDC predicted a win,

He stated it 'could' happen, like we 'could' come 3rd or be relegated, like you 'could' win the lottery.

If you read his posts he never actually gives a opinion/prediction.

That is true.  But, my point was that nothing is certain in football and there was every chance of getting points if we played our best - in the face of quite a lot of ridicule and that Man city were certain to win whatever we did. 

What yesterday's win will also do, is give us the same belief we had most of last season - that we could win any game and it meant there was never real anxiety in the crowd - and that surely now applies to this season in bucket loads.

That was why it was such an important game for us to win or at least draw - lose and you are still down amongst the bottom clubs and still wondering about your chances - win and you set yourselves up with huge belief going forwards. 

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

That is true.  But, my point was that nothing is certain in football and there was every chance of getting points if we played our best - in the face of quite a lot of ridicule and that Man city were certain to win whatever we did. 

What yesterday's win will also do, is give us the same belief we had most of last season - that we could win any game and it meant there was never real anxiety in the crowd - and that surely now applies to this season in bucket loads.

That was why it was such an important game for us to win or at least draw - lose and you are still down amongst the bottom clubs and still wondering about your chances - win and you set yourselves up with huge belief going forwards. 

Fair play to you, Lakey!

Wish I could have been there, watched it in a sports bar in Shanghai. Found a couple of other Canary fans too, and our goal celebrations were outrageous. Then after the game a German guy came over to us and said he was a mate of Stiepi's, and had just sent him a video of our crazy celebrations via WhatsApp!

What a performance, what a night. OTBC!

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Agreed Lakey. And the next two games will be a doddle. Top six by October, nailed on.

• Haha 1

There are some miserable fekkers on here. Lakey is a one-man oil tanker in his unshakeable positivity and takes an unbelievable amount of flak for it. We get pages of threads where he picks himself up off the canvas and comes back for one more volley of punches but  never quite gets counted out. It can get a bit tiresome, but the place wouldn’t be the same without you LDC, and anyone who won’t admit you deserve your moment in the sun after such a fantastic result is a little sad IMHO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

There are some miserable fekkers on here. Lakey is a one-man oil tanker in his unshakeable positivity and takes an unbelievable amount of flak for it. We get pages of threads where he picks himself up off the canvas and comes back for one more volley of punches but  never quite gets counted out. It can get a bit tiresome, but the place wouldn’t be the same without you LDC, and anyone who won’t admit you deserve your moment in the sun after such a fantastic result is a little sad IMHO.

Well said NF.

I just wonder what his old adversary from Tumbleweed.com would be saying on here in light of Lakey's moment of fame ? 😜

20 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I just wonder what his old adversary from Tumbleweed.com would be saying on here in light of Lakey's moment of fame ? 😜

Does tumbleweed still exist, wasnt it going to take over from another message board, or something like that!

One final point...

Can yesterday maybe put to bed the idea that people being negative about our chances on a forum makes any difference on the pitch? The consensus before the match yesterday was generally 'hope we don't get completely destroyed' yet this seemed to have zero affect on the players or the atmosphere.

• Like 1