Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Now do you understand??

It’s not often I get emotional, but this is one of those once in a decade moments. Enjoy it lads!! 😭💛💚

Edited by Robornio
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

We have the quality.

Believe.

I'm pretty sure all of us who pointed out that we wouldn't be able to dominate possession against Man City were fully vindicated.

You even clarified that your plan didn't involve trying to grab goals on the counter. So what exactly are you claiming to be right about? 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Sad 2

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'm pretty sure all of us who pointed out that we wouldn't be able to dominate possession against Man City were fully vindicated.

You even clarified that your plan didn't involve trying to grab goals on the counter. So what exactly are you claiming to be right about? 

Oh, come on. He may be a bit unhinged with his faith at times, but let him have this one.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Oh, come on. He may be a bit unhinged with his faith at times, but let him have this one.

I'll let him have it for one week, but he's doing to be dining out on this in 2023. 

• Haha 2

Unbelievable result! I know a few posters almost expected it and thought it was a given, but personally I’m in the camp that really appreciate the sheer magnitude of this win. Sensational stuff, so proud! 🏆

• Like 1

Everyone believed we would be promoted at the end of last season but you were sh itting your pants for the last 6 games. We'll call it 1-1 shall we?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Third season in a row now under Farke we've started shaky and improved massively after the first international break. 

Going off of our performances in August it was no wonder most were predicting a loss, now I think we can assume that was more like what we'll perform like for the rest of the season because it's now becoming a pattern that we kick on from this point. Last year people thought the Middlesbrough win was a one off then we just got better and better, I can see the same happening again. Play like that for the rest of the season and we'll never be in relegation trouble. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Everyone believed we would be promoted at the end of last season but you were sh itting your pants for the last 6 games. We'll call it 1-1 shall we?

Fair play Lakey, laughing at my post. 👍

I'm rolling in the money tonight.  Feared the worst, but bet for the best.

Turned out quite nicely. 

(PS stake was < £5 so I'm not buying anyone here drinks)

Honestly. We have a historic win, and only Lake District Contrary could turn this into a thread about him (the guy who was telling people off for celebrating when we needed 1 point from our last 2 games)

• Haha 1

I always thought there were only two certainties in life,death and taxes but i suppose this thread can be added to that after what Lakey was saying earlier today. 😜🤣

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

Fair play for having faith.

I reckon my tactical suggestions were closer than yours though 😉

Yes it was noticeable we packed the centre and conceded space on the flanks as you suggested ! The makeshift back 4 were superb as well.

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

Fair play for having faith.

I reckon my tactical suggestions were closer than yours though 😉

I complimented you in that other thread for your post, good detail and thoughts.

Well Lakey I think a few people will be eating humble pie tonight.Just back from the game feeling completely knackered.What a great team and coach we have.They never stopped running and the crowd was probably the loudest I can remember for a long long time.😊