Sign in to follow this  
The Duke of Norfolk

The trouble with trying to get demo's and Worthy out chants...

The trouble with trying to get fans to chant Worthy out and start demo''s at Carrow Road is that i beleive that alot of fans simply can''t be arsed. Instead what they will do is they will just not bother to renew their season ticket.

Demo''s probably won''t happen however, i could see a Worthy out chant reverberating around CR after we go a goal down with about 5 minutes to go in a game. But any chant would have to be started by the Barclay or Snakepit boy''s and i wonder if they have the bottle?

Look I  think this is getting silly. There are lots of people who want a change, there are a lot of people who don''t, there are some who really could not care one way or the other and THEN there are the people who don''t like Worthy, the Smiths, the board the tea lady and uncle tom cobley and all!! The latter are the only ones who are of a mind to chant Worthy out. the problem there is that there is not many of them BUT the do generate a lot of hot air!!

Duke

Sometimes we sit and wonder what would happen if.......

Sometimes we wonder if we could change things and what the consequences would be...........

Sometimes we simply have to admit to ourselves that we have had enough and get something done.

I have reached that stage and if no boys in the Snakepit or Barclay will start a chant, I wil!

Girl power  [:D]

ive got the bottle mate.its the other mutes that wont join in that get up my nose.ive started it before and if looks could kill id be dead.whats wrong with everybody?cant they see whats going on and if we dont act then worthy will ruin this club.

[quote user="paul drake"]ive got the bottle mate.its the other mutes that wont join in that get up my nose.ive started it before and if looks could kill id be dead.whats wrong with everybody?cant they see whats going on and if we dont act then worthy will ruin this club.[/quote]

Now I''ve been telling you for weeks thats there is a mythical majority of WO''s and Paul has helped me prove it, thank you.

why is it a myth? im real and so are the other worthy outers.why dont you get REAL and join us or maybe you are happy to plod along the way we are!

me and a friend sit in the tumbleweed stand (n+p), were moving to the Barclay next season dont worry, theres two of us and were not afraid to sing even if we are the only ones in the stand!

WO''s are no myth, im one, and i know more, i really do think hes had

enough time to prove himself and all hes proved is that he cant turn

this around.  I would join in with WO chants (girl power all the

way [:)] )......but i live in Reading so i''d have to be shouting

really loud to be heard at Carrow Road....the problem is they wont make

much difference, do people honestly think he''ll go in the summer? 

not sure the board would have the guts to get rid of him even then.

(Hello everyone btw [:D] )

Worthington is as thick skinned as an Ulster jacket potato. If you chant ''Worthy Out'' so will just encourage sympathy for him from his friends on the Board.

If you want to be heard, not get a guilt feeling because of the mans past achievements and really get a message home then the chant is less negative but more effective and it is ''Delia, sort it out!''

But the next home opponents are The Binners. They are having a poor season too but had very different expectation levels to us. Please, please leave Delia out of it for this game as she receives disgusting personal abuse as it is.

Expect chants about Ashton''s departure (which will just make me laugh) and efforts to exploit our current discontent.

Expect too a slightly unusual atmosphere due to the time and day.

I expect Wizard will be in with the away fans starting the Smith and Jones abuse as he hates them so much but at least his pulling for the other side generally gets us the win (wonder if he''ll try a ''come on Reading?)''

Perhaps the chants can wait a while (unless we really bomb against Town then there will be no stopping them).

Fortunately for me I do not chant. Unfortunately for the club the first they will know of my didcontent is when they come to try and re-sell my seat.

[quote user="CatNcfc"]WO''s are no myth, im one, and i know more, i really do think hes had enough time to prove himself and all hes proved is that he cant turn this around.  I would join in with WO chants (girl power all the way [:)] )......but i live in Reading so i''d have to be shouting really loud to be heard at Carrow Road....the problem is they wont make much difference, do people honestly think he''ll go in the summer?  not sure the board would have the guts to get rid of him even then.
(Hello everyone btw [:D] )

[/quote]

I trust you are going to Reading then Cat, hope to hear you there  [;)]

I''ll be there, fingers crossed we''ve all got something to sing about... if not, no worries theres some good pubs in reading

can''t see a protest achieving much.  it has to be a spontaneous worthy out chant that erupts around the ground  for any notice to be taken  by the powers that be.  for discontent to be expressed on that scale, would require a tipping point. it could be losing at home to ipswich for example.  I agree, the real barometer of fan discontent will come from the season ticket renewal take-up.city must spend big after deano''s departure to tempt people to stump up.  the jarrold stand was filled by alot of newbies 2 years ago, will they all renew?

when will carrow road break... even some of the most vehement Worthy Outers have not start the chant yet, southamptopn had rumblings of discontent, Preston was just a complete shock aftert 5 wins at being totally outplayed and watford was just hugely disappointing after leading twice.

worthy is lucky, the next home game is the local derby, and they are poor, but should we look like losing.......

The bald truth is that the situation  is not THAT desperate !   most fans remember the man that turned things around , and got them into the prem .....   and that will be a hard act to follow  for any  new manager !     think you`ll find out that most fans WILL be renewing  their season tickets , irrespective   of how bad the team is doing  , don`t ask me why , but they will  ,  have a look at Forest`s attendances  , you would think  that plummeting from the prem to div 1   , would drastically reduce  the numbers through the turnstiles  ,  it hasn`t happened !   

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]when will carrow road break... even some of the most vehement Worthy Outers have not start the chant yet, southamptopn had rumblings of discontent, Preston was just a complete shock aftert 5 wins at being totally outplayed and watford was just hugely disappointing after leading twice. worthy is lucky, the next home game is the local derby, and they are poor, but should we look like losing.......[/quote]

Paul, I''m sure you''ll find more reasons why the mythical majority does not materialise, these people are not '' vehement'', they a passionless apathetic rabble who even can''t be bothered to chant thier feelings. If you have to start a post as one person and then answer it later as another just to keep the interest going after the usual five or six (could be three more multiple personality disorder sufferers) have posted then you should realise by your own actions you condemn yourself.

[quote user="A load of squit"]

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]when will carrow road break... even some of the most vehement Worthy Outers have not start the chant yet, southamptopn had rumblings of discontent, Preston was just a complete shock aftert 5 wins at being totally outplayed and watford was just hugely disappointing after leading twice. worthy is lucky, the next home game is the local derby, and they are poor, but should we look like losing.......[/quote]

Paul, I''m sure you''ll find more reasons why the mythical majority does not materialise, these people are not '' vehement'', they a passionless apathetic rabble who even can''t be bothered to chant thier feelings. If you have to start a post as one person and then answer it later as another just to keep the interest going after the usual five or six (could be three more multiple personality disorder sufferers) have posted then you should realise by your own actions you condemn yourself.

[/quote]

As someone else on here said - when was the last time Worthys Yella green army was sang??

Squit

Without getting involved with your personal crusade against Paul Rankin, I have to add my support to Paul.  The mythical majority as you call them maybe apathetic in your opinion, but that is just what you say, an opinion.  I wonder when you attend games or speak to fellow city fans do you find many of them agreeing with you and saying, yes, Worthy should stay and we are having a terrific season and playing to our full potential, and of course, lovely flowing footie to watch?  If so, tell me where you sit and I''ll move there next season!

Every single one of us has their own personal breaking point and the factors making that happen are many and varied.  Mine has now been reached, if you must now it was the sale of Dean Ashton, coupled with the loss of any decent football on show this year, bar the Southampton game and a few odd ten minutes here and there.  I think we could, and should do better, but I guess you know my opinions by now.

I shall be outside the ground after the Ipswich game, should our bad run continue, because, it''s what I choose to do.  I don''t speak for every single Norwich fan, and I guess if only 50 or so fans actually turn up you will choose to consider this means only 50 people want Nigel Worthington to leave. 

I may only be one mere fan Squit, but in my own little social group of Norwich fans, the majority want the management team to go.  This may number 100 or so, okay, not 20,000 but ask a few other fans what they think and I wonder what you might find.

I am not claiming a majority of city fans will protest, they didn''t during the Chase era and many still went to games and cheered on the team, but many of those wanted a change.  Don''t confuse those who want Worthington out and still cheering on the team as those who want him to stay.  In many instances this is simply not the case.  Most of us don''t like confrontations of any sort. 

I shall be renewing my ticket because I am a supporter of the club and have been for years.  Because Worthington is there makes no odds, I will be here long after he has gone and was here before he arrived.  I look forward to the day when we get back to some decent football and think about that constantly.  It will come, may take time, but one day!  Meanwhile I will join those of us who feel the board need reminding that our season, this year has been pants (and that''s the best word I can find to describe it). 

And by the way, Paul is not the Duke of Norfolk, both of them are completely seperate people, believe me.

While I am sure that there worthy out camp do out-weigh the unsures and keep him camps I am equally sure that the only certain true majority at the moment are the group who feel that we were a plucky little club that should have been grateful with our one years success and because the board are totallty behind Worthington cant be bothered to make a fuss and they cant see that the board will change their minds. 

Until people see an opportunity for change or the results turn from dire to disasterous the protests wont pick up speed.

Nice to see you making your usual personal attacks rather than contributing to or deconstructing a debate LOS [:^)]

LOS  - a vocal majority in his own head.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]

Squit

Without getting involved with your personal crusade against Paul Rankin, I have to add my support to Paul.  The mythical majority as you call them maybe apathetic in your opinion, but that is just what you say, an opinion.  I wonder when you attend games or speak to fellow city fans do you find many of them agreeing with you and saying, yes, Worthy should stay and we are having a terrific season and playing to our full potential, and of course, lovely flowing footie to watch?  If so, tell me where you sit and I''ll move there next season!

Every single one of us has their own personal breaking point and the factors making that happen are many and varied.  Mine has now been reached, if you must now it was the sale of Dean Ashton, coupled with the loss of any decent football on show this year, bar the Southampton game and a few odd ten minutes here and there.  I think we could, and should do better, but I guess you know my opinions by now.

I shall be outside the ground after the Ipswich game, should our bad run continue, because, it''s what I choose to do.  I don''t speak for every single Norwich fan, and I guess if only 50 or so fans actually turn up you will choose to consider this means only 50 people want Nigel Worthington to leave. 

I may only be one mere fan Squit, but in my own little social group of Norwich fans, the majority want the management team to go.  This may number 100 or so, okay, not 20,000 but ask a few other fans what they think and I wonder what you might find.

I am not claiming a majority of city fans will protest, they didn''t during the Chase era and many still went to games and cheered on the team, but many of those wanted a change.  Don''t confuse those who want Worthington out and still cheering on the team as those who want him to stay.  In many instances this is simply not the case.  Most of us don''t like confrontations of any sort. 

I shall be renewing my ticket because I am a supporter of the club and have been for years.  Because Worthington is there makes no odds, I will be here long after he has gone and was here before he arrived.  I look forward to the day when we get back to some decent football and think about that constantly.  It will come, may take time, but one day!  Meanwhile I will join those of us who feel the board need reminding that our season, this year has been pants (and that''s the best word I can find to describe it). 

And by the way, Paul is not the Duke of Norfolk, both of them are completely seperate people, believe me.

[/quote]

I''ve been telling the mythical majority for weeks that if they really wanted change they had to something and what were thier replies? I might start a chant but only if I know someone else will join me, I might go to a supporters forum but only if someone goes with me. Thats apathetic.

What you are getting confused over is that if someone does not agree with you that they believe everything is OK, those who do not want to change manager do not think we''re having a ''terrific season and playing to our full potential''. This a common problem for people who do not have clarity of thought they assume that if you do not agree with one of thier views you must disagree with them all.

And by the way, Paul has admitted to his multiple personality disorder.

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="gazzathegreat"]

Squit

[/quote]

I''ve been telling the mythical majority for weeks that if they really wanted change they had to something and what were thier replies? I might start a chant but only if I know someone else will join me, I might go to a supporters forum but only if someone goes with me. Thats apathetic.

What you are getting confused over is that if someone does not agree with you that they believe everything is OK, those who do not want to change manager do not think we''re having a ''terrific season and playing to our full potential''. This a common problem for people who do not have clarity of thought they assume that if you do not agree with one of thier views you must disagree with them all.

And by the way, Paul has admitted to his multiple personality disorder.

[/quote]

How dare you say that Gazza, I am the Duke of Norfolk, I really am, I am I am I am!! [:@] Squat/Dicky is still in denial about his/her problem(s)!!

As someone else on here said - when was the last time Worthys Yella green army was sang??

I apologise Paul, didn''t see you mentioned in the new year''s honour list  lol  The last time I heard Worthy''s green and yellow army was Burnley home.  Nothing at Preston, Leicester or Watford.

Squit, I don''t see anything in my reply that asks for someone to join me, I am quite capable of attending forums (many run by club and supporters'' organisations in the past) on my own, plus also many demos against the previous regime.  At one time, no doubt you will snigger, I stood outside Carrrow Road on my own during the match during the Chase boycott period.   Yes, a majority of one and you I bet were inside thinking all was rosy then....

It''s not rosy now and I cannot believe you think this season is anything to be positive about. Can you name one game in which we dominated or won convincingly, and then who were the opposition?  Which players have impressed you over the past two years and what is it about Nigel Worthington you admire?  I haven''t read anything you''ve posted which I can see backs up your argument to keep the manager.  If I have missed anything please accept my apologies. 

Have you got any evidence for those who don''t chant Worthy out etc wanting him to stay.  Maybe a lot of people don''t want to get involved with singing, booing etc but still want him to go, as I concede many might want him to stay.  I am just relating my own personal experience to you, and those of people I know.  I would like to know of those within your family, social circle and what their opinions are if you are sure the majority of all Norwich supporters are really behind Mr Worthington with their full support of what he has done over the past two years. 

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]

I apologise Paul, didn''t see you mentioned in the new year''s honour list  lol  The last time I heard Worthy''s green and yellow army was Burnley home.  Nothing at Preston, Leicester or Watford.

Squit, I don''t see anything in my reply that asks for someone to join me, I am quite capable of attending forums (many run by club and supporters'' organisations in the past) on my own, plus also many demos against the previous regime.  At one time, no doubt you will snigger, I stood outside Carrrow Road on my own during the match during the Chase boycott period.   Yes, a majority of one and you I bet were inside thinking all was rosy then....

It''s not rosy now and I cannot believe you think this season is anything to be positive about. Can you name one game in which we dominated or won convincingly, and then who were the opposition?  Which players have impressed you over the past two years and what is it about Nigel Worthington you admire?  I haven''t read anything you''ve posted which I can see backs up your argument to keep the manager.  If I have missed anything please accept my apologies. 

Have you got any evidence for those who don''t chant Worthy out etc wanting him to stay.  Maybe a lot of people don''t want to get involved with singing, booing etc but still want him to go, as I concede many might want him to stay.  I am just relating my own personal experience to you, and those of people I know.  I would like to know of those within your family, social circle and what their opinions are if you are sure the majority of all Norwich supporters are really behind Mr Worthington with their full support of what he has done over the past two years. 

[/quote]

True to type you''ve ignored what I''ve said in the post and gone off on a rant. Here it is again.

There is no point giving you lot my opinions, you want the manager to go and I want him to stay. I''ve said I want you to prove you are the majority (something you''ve claimed you are) and if you can''t (which you haven''t) you should stop claiming you are but there are still posts claimimg a majority. You''ve also claimed the club was lying but when its been proved that they were not, none of you have come on here and acknowledged it. Some of you have argued for George Burley to be the new manager and then he signs a player that you''ve been saying isn''t good enough to play for us. Given these examples its pointless arguing with someone who will never admit they can get things wrong.

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="gazzathegreat"]

[/quote]

True to type you''ve ignored what I''ve said in the post and gone off on a rant. Here it is again.

There is no point giving you lot my opinions, you want the manager to go and I want him to stay. I''ve said I want you to prove you are the majority (something you''ve claimed you are) and if you can''t (which you haven''t) you should stop claiming you are but there are still posts claimimg a majority. You''ve also claimed the club was lying but when its been proved that they were not, none of you have come on here and acknowledged it. Some of you have argued for George Burley to be the new manager and then he signs a player that you''ve been saying isn''t good enough to play for us. Given these examples its pointless arguing with someone who will never admit they can get things wrong.

[/quote]

"Some of you have argued for George Burley to be the new manager and then he signs a player that you''ve been saying isn''t good enough to play for us."

my biggest problem with worthy is his inability to play players to their strengths.  Jim Brennan (A left Full Back/Wingback) has played most of his few games for norwich in center midfield then shoved out left then moved to the back - hell all in the same game...

His confidence is shot, and he has had enough.  Another manager may be able to get out of him what convinced forest to pay 1.5 million for him.