Sign in to follow this  
keelansgrandad

Match Thread V ManC

Strange that if Hanley is fit enough for the bench, he's not fit enough to start so Amadou can start in CDM.

Guess management think Amadou is a stronger bet in defense than Hanley, but can move him there if tettey needs to come off later.

I think Farke said Hanley might be up to 20-30 minutes but not 90 didn’t he?

The bench shows some creative thinking by Farke. He appears to have allowed for the possibility of playing with two or even three keepers at some point. 😛

I always think that if a player can only manage 20mins, they're not fit enough to make the bench. Desperate times call for desperate measures 

1 minute ago, It's Character Forming said:

similarly clearly a doubt over Krul hence 2 keepers on the bench.

Can we bring them both on at the same time

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

2 Gk on bench. Explain please?

Krul is not 100% and the thought that was we don't want to risk Krul breaking down in the warm up and then only having one fit goalkeeper.

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Krul is not 100% and the thought that was we don't want to risk Krul breaking down in the warm up and then only having one fit goalkeeper.

So why not just play Fahrmann and have a young midfielder? Fahrmann must be fuming.

De Bruyne on bench for them, that’s a bonus. Sterling and Aguero start. 

Edited by ec-p

1 minute ago, ec-p said:

De Bruyne on bench for them, that’s a bonus.

It would've been more of a bonus had he still been in Manchester!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

If he breaks down in the warmup, you can change your team/bench.

I think it's more of a case of there being no other senior players available than a doubt over Krul, otherwise he wouldn't have been risked.

Judging by the comments, I’m very surprised at how many people clearly don’t listen to the managers most important interview of the week - the press conference. Therefore quite obvious why we, strangely, have 2 keepers in the bench. I’m sure there’ll be a joke or 2 about that on the Man City message boards

• Like 1

U21s been in action today haven’t they? Would presume anyone we might normally have thought about giving some exposure to the first team squad is probably not available.

We can make U21s available if the manager wants them though - he’s obviously not done that for a reason. 

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

If he breaks down in the warmup, you can change your team/bench.

I think it's more of a case of there being no other senior players available than a doubt over Krul, otherwise he wouldn't have been risked.

But I don't think you can add a player to the 18 once its been named.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Judging by the comments, I’m very surprised at how many people clearly don’t listen to the managers most important interview of the week - the press conference. Therefore quite obvious why we, strangely, have 2 keepers in the bench. I’m sure there’ll be a joke or 2 about that on the Man City message boards

Do they have message boards? I would have thought they would use flunkeys to hand-deliver golden envelopes.

FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN GGGGGGGGGGGGG   AAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA