Sign in to follow this  
Ken Aries

Is anybody DEFINITELY NOT renewing their season ticket?

With the considerable dissatisfaction expressed about our team''s qualities by a number of people on this board, and in the light of increased season ticket prices, is anybody going to give the whole thing a miss next year? Or maybe you''ll do like me and become a casual supporter - I have only missed a few games this year, however.

[quote user="stephen nobbs"]With the considerable dissatisfaction expressed about our team''s qualities by a number of people on this board, and in the light of increased season ticket prices, is anybody going to give the whole thing a miss next year? Or maybe you''ll do like me and become a casual supporter - I have only missed a few games this year, however.[/quote]

nope - city through and through, I have confidence in Delia that if worthy fails this season he will part company with the club.  Delia is no fool and can see the level of signing he has made, and the level of performances. If she beleives worthy is not able take the club further forward he will go.  If performances continue in the January vein, it will be prettty obvious to even the most hardened KTFer that worthy is not the man for the job.

So much has happened that was predicted by many pre season. and so far this season I see nothing to make me change my mind about worthy being a limited manager.  He had his luck this season when thorne got injured at crewe which saved him his job.  I doubt his luck will last.

The increase is only 2.7% in line with a general rise in the cost of living, not a worry.

Unfortunately, even though Worthy is driving me to distraction this season, Saturdays at Carrow Road are like a drug for me, so I''ll be paying hundreds for next season''s fix!

Defo going to renew, what else is there to do. Even though it hasn''t been great this season, we need to give a message to the rest of football and show that our fans mean business. In football times are good and bad, you have to take them both. The only way I would give my season ticket up would be if we merged with the Scummers.

More support means more income means in theory a better team, though admittedly this season that equation hasn''t quite worked.

Although if everyone renews it sends a message that all in the garden is rosy, which it certainly is not.  However don''t expect Pink Un posters to say no, seem to b the most committed souls on here.

I didn''t renew mine after last season, was not convinced City''s football was worth the money, how right I was.   Expect sales will not be 20k next season some fill fall by wayside probably 3-4k.

Mine will be renewed - how can I miss matchdays?- I love the expectant thrill of match day, cheering on all 11 city shirts (even Flem & Hooooze [:D]) the elation or despair of the result and disagreeing over the good the bad and the ugly of the games post match on these forum,  in the pub and at work afterwards - evenif some posters seem more intent on some sort of canary fan civil war than discussing view points.

My local garage would go bust if we didn''t renew - after all it''s almost a tank a week! Then again as we reckon we spend 7 whole days a year sat in said car travelling to and from City matches there wuld be an enormous amount of extra time suddenly added to my life.

But what would I do with it anyway - and after 36 years of watching matches, from wherever we''ve lived, and probably enjoying the last 3 seasons the most of all as I now share the whole experience with my son, there''s no way I''d give it up now!

It''s always been a rollercoaster of emotional investment - and you can''t get off a rollercoaster till your ride is over!

Me.

Home games are a 300 mile round trip for one reason. Worthington has

never played a style of football I care for, though I was not in favour

of sacking him when the axes were recently out, I applaud the boards

loyalty which shone out in this fickle industry. Even our promotion

year was for me achieved with a quite negative style, we were

consistantly out passed by lesser teams, highlighted by our first half

performance against the scum at home. Yes we won 3-1. Yes results

matter, but I go to be entertained and it doesn''t happen frequently

enough to justify my time and the expense. I can only really get to

10/12 home games anyway, so probably better I give up the seats to

someone who can get there more regularly.Also increasingly frustrated

with the lack of noise we generate, the atmosphere gets worse by the

week.

So me, I''ll be quitting

[quote user="T07"]Me.

Home games are a 300 mile round trip for one reason. Worthington has never played a style of football I care for, though I was not in favour of sacking him when the axes were recently out, I applaud the boards loyalty which shone out in this fickle industry. Even our promotion year was for me achieved with a quite negative style, we were consistantly out passed by lesser teams, highlighted by our first half performance against the scum at home. Yes we won 3-1. Yes results matter, but I go to be entertained and it doesn''t happen frequently enough to justify my time and the expense. I can only really get to 10/12 home games anyway, so probably better I give up the seats to someone who can get there more regularly.Also increasingly frustrated with the lack of noise we generate, the atmosphere gets worse by the week.

So me, I''ll be quitting

[/quote]

"Also increasingly frustrated with the lack of noise we generate, the atmosphere gets worse by the week" 

the club needs a spark to get it going again....   a quality signing...  it has been needed since relegation and has not happened

Some years I have a season ticket and some not. Many years recently I have had to work on a Saturday and as I lived in Hampshire it wasn''t possible or value for money. Now I have moved and a new job which doesn''t involve Saturdays. However its still a 330 mile round trip and I do get fed up, its a long day out for a "home" game and it really saps me on the way back sometimes. So at the moment from me its probably a NO as although I have one at the moment its a big financial drain on me and those long drives back in the dark through the rain- Uggghh..

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]Some years I have a season ticket and some not. Many years recently I have had to work on a Saturday and as I lived in Hampshire it wasn''t possible or value for money. Now I have moved and a new job which doesn''t involve Saturdays. However its still a 330 mile round trip and I do get fed up, its a long day out for a "home" game and it really saps me on the way back sometimes. So at the moment from me its probably a NO as although I have one at the moment its a big financial drain on me and those long drives back in the dark through the rain- Uggghh..[/quote]#

My folks live that way mate and I did a boxing day trip to watch us lose to Brighton 1 nil a few years ago.....  At least i live in norwich and didnt have to face the 3 1/2 to 4 hour trip home......  what a nightmare...  I guesss its can be like that cardiff journey home every time we lose....

T07

Home games are a 300 mile round trip for one reason. Worthington has never played a style of football I care for, though I was not in favour of sacking him when the axes were recently out, I applaud the boards loyalty which shone out in this fickle industry. Even our promotion year was for me achieved with a quite negative style, we were consistantly out passed by lesser teams, highlighted by our first half performance against the scum at home. Yes we won 3-1. Yes results matter, but I go to be entertained and it doesn''t happen frequently enough to justify my time and the expense. I can only really get to 10/12 home games anyway, so probably better I give up the seats to someone who can get there more regularly.Also increasingly frustrated with the lack of noise we generate, the atmosphere gets worse by the week.

So me, I''ll be quitting

Rant wroye

"Also increasingly frustrated with the lack of noise we generate, the atmosphere gets worse by the week" 

How can you generate a lack of noise Rant?  Is this another bloody oxymoron on the boards?

Sorry to hear a couple of people are not renewing. When I read of  your circumstances it''s not at all surprising though. With your lengthy journeys, you can''t be expected to keep returning week after week unless the product is top notch - which it clearly hasn''t been just lately. The time spent travelling and the expense incurred by some fans is quite simply horrendous. Norwich City Football Club is extremely lucky to have so many loyal and devoted fans.

[quote user="oh huckerby"]

We''re city til we die, we''re city til we die

i know i am i''m sure i am i''m city til i die!!!!

[/quote]True.  I''ll be renewing!

Oh here we go again - I did not think it would be too long on this post before somebody brought up the true supporter bit and steve hale has not failed on that score.  Whatever you say steve - I guess fans personal circumstances does not make them true supporters.  Good job the club have got you then is''nt it.    

A poll on here is irrelevant really. The visitors and posters to this site are a tiny wincy minority of supporters out there. People who come on here are either obsessive, expats or complete nerds. Not sure which one I am - but I will be renewing.

[quote user="NavMan"]Oh here we go again - I did not think it would be

too long on this post before somebody brought up the true supporter bit

and steve hale has not failed on that score.  Whatever you say

steve - I guess fans personal circumstances does not make them true

supporters.  Good job the club have got you then is''nt

it.    [/quote]

My post had nothing to do with personal circumstances that I understand

as would anyone with a brain.The point I was reffering to said people

will renew because they are happy with tolerable mediocrity.

[quote user="Cheeky Monkey"]

A poll on here is irrelevant really. The visitors and posters to this site are a tiny wincy minority of supporters out there. People who come on here are either obsessive, expats or complete nerds. Not sure which one I am - but I will be renewing.

[/quote]

Well tonight Cheeky I wish I could claim to be all three, obsessive yes, expat, no, but another few weeks of this and I might well want to be, nerd!  Well let me consider that one after filling in my renewal form   lol

Steve,

Don''t you think Norwich Supporters tolerate mediocrity?

I would suggest this is exactly what we do, the question is is it a quality or fault?

Norwich City are bucking the attendence trend.

Are we loyal, stupidly loyal or just plain stupid?

Now Ashton''s gone and affairs seem to be going from bad to worse at Carra Rud, I thought it might be appropriate to have another look at this question.