Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

cardiff are after riordan - lets get in first!

i have a cunning plan!dave jones is reportedly after derek riordan of hibs as a replacement for jerome if city swoop.is 3.5m a gamble for  jerome, he didn''t show much against us at carra rd did he?  on a tight budget, jones has worked miracles this season and is on a roll. jones clearly feels riordan can replace jerome and keep cardiff on track for the playoffs.  should we trust jones instinct for buying a goodun, drop jerome like a hot dumpling and steal riordan ahead of him?jerome or riordan? how do they compare? which one would you have? 

I suggested Riordan pre-season and would not be unhappy if we signed him, however, he apparently does not work as hard as he might, just gets goals. Will Worthy accept this - I doubt it. Would Worthy have bought Jimmy Greaves, Denis Law or Gary Lineker - probably not ''cos their work rate wasn''t high enough.

IIRC we were linked with Riordan some time ago - in the summer or maybe earlier. No disrespect, but are there any skilful young Scottish footballers? There''s no evidence in their national side.

Riordan would be a fantastic buy i think but i have seen him play and thompson from hibs to je is a good young talent

To be fair to jerome he and Purse were the only players to show anything when cardiff were here - Jerome totally out shone Koumas for example.  And Riordan has only performed in scotland - other imports from that league have hardly set this league alight have they - look what their imports have done to leicester!  Sylla and de Vries looked good inthe SPL yethave looked anonymous to inadequate here.

Whether jerome at £3.5m (vastly over priced) is better than Riordan at£300k (just over-priced) is far tougher to call...

In fairness momo sylia never looked good in scotland. but de vries was good and maybe its the team and not him because he was fantastic against spurs.. look at kenny miller he was never as prolific in scotland as riordan is but u would have him in your team 300k has to be worth a pop..

[quote user="Big_t"]In fairness momo sylia never looked good in scotland. but de vries was good and maybe its the team and not him because he was fantastic against spurs.. look at kenny miller he was never as prolific in scotland as riordan is but u would have him in your team 300k has to be worth a pop..[/quote]

I think de vries is a good footballer but he cant shoot to save his life.  he just misses loads of chances - i think he was the same at hearts (or wherever he came from )

At 300k, he would be a bargain although i cant see nigel signing him, he''s more likely to sign Franny Jeffers, Andy Gray, kevin lisbie or Dele adebola.