Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Feeling even more positive now

That press conference must have been heaven to the doom and gloom merchants on here . Not me though, it just made me more convinced than ever that a positive result tomorrow is in our own hands. 

Those players fortunate to be selected will fight like hungry tigers and expect roars from the crowd in return . If your going to Carrow road and expecting a thrashing then give your ticket to a fan who knows how to support their team . Churchill wouldn’t have accepted a defeatist mentality before a shot was fired and neither will Daniel,Delia or Michael. 

Before anyone says I’m just attention seeking creating this thread then tell me why we can’t win ? Do not play the poster but be measured in your views. I look forward to reading this message board come 19.20hrs tomorrow and will gladly purchase humble pie for all . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looking forward to humble pie. Yes we can gain points tomorrow is it likely? No. Having 75% of your first choice defenders injured is going to make it much harder. 

Am I defeatist? No.

I will go tomorrow as I always do with a positive attitude and get behind the team.

if we win I'll be ecstatic and really surprised.

I hear what you are saying MY, and you never know we may have a resolve that will last tomorrow.

infact I have a small wager on us winning 1-0 with the player of the month scoring, plus another with us winning and one of a draw. 

I never usually bet so fingers crossed.

However, we are against a world class team and will need every advantage.

Good luck with this thread, MC, you might need it......

Adversity can bring out something extra and as long as it is 11 v 11, there is every chance.

Edited by lake district canary
  • Haha 1

If only Premier League points were gained by making outlandish statements before a match on teams message boards. We’d be pushing for Champions League places with the level of delusion shown by some on here! We’re about to face Man City with potentially no fit centre backs and most of our main players injured, why wouldn’t we be feeling more positive?

Edited by JF

Errr I’ve most certainly not ‘given up’ on us getting 3 points tomorrow. That’s what I want and hope, and I bet you this is exactly what all these ‘defeatist’ fellow City supporters desperately wish for too.

But I just have this strange feeling we’re playing one of the most expensively assembled teams in the history of world football, and if you don’t think that means we’ve got as hard a game to pick up points from as they come, then you’ve been living in a cave these last few years or something.

Consequently, where you seem to expect a win, those that don’t will be even more ecstatic with the result if NCFC, coupled with our ridiculously HUGE list of injured key personnel that makes the task even harder, shock the nation tomorrow with a resounding win. Likewise we will be grounded if we lose, and won’t be one of those plonkers that pops up tomorrow night calling for Farke’s head. 

Fingers crossed, our forward line can certainly hurt anyone, and I do see John Stones as someone that Pukki could absolutely rip to pieces, 1 on 1 that’s no contest in my opinion - it’s keeping it out the other end that’s the tricky bit, and that would be no shame on our lads, especially given it’s going to be a patched up team with quite likely some 1st team debuts for 1 or 2 perhaps very nervous kids that have only played behind closed doors previously! I only hope they get the full support they 100% deserve even if they do make any costly errors in the game - they will certainly get my backing regardless of the result.

I walked the dog around Bosworth battle field this morning. It got me thinking how Henry Tudor was feeling at potentially facing two lots of opponents on the 22nd August 1485 and vastly outnumbered either way. 

As far as I know it’s 11v 11 tomorrow unless the rules have changed . 

There’s always a chance - Citeh would need to be some way off their best even without our injuries, so it’ll be that much harder.  It’s just a real shame that two of our best (and fit) defenders came back crocked from international duty as that’s bad luck beyond belief.

I’m not sure what any of that twaddle has got to do with us facing Man City in the midst of the most ridiculous injury crisis imaginable but hey ho

Just to point out, the odds on Man City -5 (in other words, Man City to win by six or more) is a shorter price with the bookies than a Norwich win. Probably because we're in the midst of a major injury crisis and we're playing arguably the best team in the world.

That's why most people on here are expecting us to get our arses handed to us.

It's really weird how some people regard football. 

It's like wow, how could we possibly get points against Man City, we're not in the same league as them.......oh

We've never taken points off them at CR before.....oh, apart from the last two league meetings that is.....

We've never held them to 0-0 draws at CR....oh.....

Oh..........

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It's like wow, how could we possibly get points against Man City, we're not in the same league as them.......oh

We've never taken points off them at CR before.....oh, apart from the last two league meetings that is.....

Oh..........

Ipswich won a European trophy once upon a time, but times and circumstances change, so that won't be happening again any time soon.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

That press conference must have been heaven to the doom and gloom merchants on here . Not me though, it just made me more convinced than ever that a positive result tomorrow is in our own hands. 

Those players fortunate to be selected will fight like hungry tigers and expect roars from the crowd in return . If your going to Carrow road and expecting a thrashing then give your ticket to a fan who knows how to support their team . Churchill wouldn’t have accepted a defeatist mentality before a shot was fired and neither will Daniel,Delia or Michael. 

Before anyone says I’m just attention seeking creating this thread then tell me why we can’t win ? Do not play the poster but be measured in your views. I look forward to reading this message board come 19.20hrs tomorrow and will gladly purchase humble pie for all . 

You are LDC and I claim by £10 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:
6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Oh..........

Ipswich won a European trophy once upon a time, but times and circumstances change, so that won't be happening again any time soon

That was forty odd years ago, the last time we took points off Man City in the league was just three years ago, despite all their money.

It's taken the pressure completely off and gives other members of our squad a chance to shine. If the first team with no injuries lost 7-0 there would be some negativity about, as it is we literally can't lose, we put in any kind of performance and the crowd will stay with the team and applaud them off. This adversity could be the catalyst for us picking up a resilient streak and going into games with a siege mentality.

I still think we'll lose heavily, but bring it on!

Wigan beat Man City in the cup not so long ago with a far weaker team than we will be putting out tomorrow. Ok a probably weaker City team too but relatively speaking we are in no worse a position tham Wigan were.

That said every player who turns out tomorrow is accountable to the club and the fans. Nothing short of a 100% blood and guts performance is acceptable. For some it will be an opportunity they grasp, for others they will be amongst the many tourists that will be in  Carrow Rd tomorrow.

Just MTFU

Reminds me of a patched up Bolton Wanderers getting a draw against Bayern Munich with this team:

Al Habsi, Andrew O'Brien, Cid, Michalik, Gardner, Alonso (Giannakopoulos 56), Nolan, Guthrie, McCann, Braaten (Teymourian 77), Davies.

Yes that is Marcus Alonso in centre mid.

As has been said before, as long as the boys give it a damn good go, show some pride in themselves and the shirt, the crowd will stay with them, regardless of the result. 

If we grab the headlines on Sunday morning It'll either be because of a record score or if a injury-hit canary team steals points from the champions.

It's been frustrating reading on here recently. I can never understand the people who have just given up before a ball is kicked.

Sure, chances are massively against us, but have these people only just started watching football? Only just started watching Norwich?

This team, my team, OUR team, has shocked me a number of times, and the 'big boys' will always be on the end of occasional shock results. 

Leicester won the Premier League - over 38 games. Greece won the European Championships. In this game, at times, literally anything can happen. 

There is a status quo, and in the long term things balance out in favour of this, but the game is absolutely littered with examples of teams bucking the trend.

I am fearful for how bad today could be, but I definitely stop short of banging on about how embarrassed we will be on here -because there is also that part of me who knows that nothing is a forgone conclusion.

Last season was a perfect example of players performing and keeping other players out of the team. By the end of the season, players who would have been 'the first name on the team sheet' could barely get a look in - because their replacements grabbed that chance.

With that in mind, there will be 11 professional footballers walking out, many of which will have just been given that chance to earn a place in a team that is more often than not selected on form and performance. Surely they will be out to make their mark, show us and DF what they can do.

This may well not be the time for blind positivity, but it is the time for blind support of our team.

I hope to see Carrow Road rocking today, I'll be doing my bit.

Edited by Flying Dutchman
  • Like 1

Everyone will get behind the team today at the ground but of course I've resigned myself to accepting we are more than likely going to lose heavily. But it's not too often you get to see a team with the quality of Man City in the flesh and I think any football fan can appreciate that.

Against Liverpool it took 6 mins, Chelsea 3 mins a little longer and a very long time against Newcastle but even with some competent defenders we have leaked 10 goals so far.  Now against one of the most capable of performers in the world we are going to win or draw with a scratch side.  Of course I would wish to see this miracle but unlike certain posters on here its not going to happen and the feelgood factor in the crowd will evaporate as soon as City take the lead I say take the lead as its not impossible to lead but victory is just a pipe dream.  Now wishing for a narrow defeat of less than three goals is more realistic but giving how Ageuro and Sterling are poacing the goals hat tricks for both may be the better betting option.

Sorry I'm not seduced by your positivity supported this club too long to believe in miracles. 

• Sad 1