Sign in to follow this  
Well b back

The 11 that step out on the pitch tomorrow

Must be given our 100 % support whatever happens. There will be several players playing out of position and it goes without saying the odd mistake will be made.

Lots of people seem to have their own personal scapegoats ( if that’s the right word ) but this tomorrow must not make its way from the terraces to the players. Whatever people think of individual players or wether or not they are good enough for the premier league going by the latest updates these are the players that will be doing everything possible over the next few weeks to get the points and we will be relying on them. Should we win or draw some of these will become local heroes.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Must be given our 100 % support whatever happens. There will be several players playing out of position and it goes without saying the odd mistake will be made.

Lots of people seem to have their own personal scapegoats ( if that’s the right word ) but this tomorrow must not make its way from the terraces to the players. Whatever people think of individual players or wether or not they are good enough for the premier league going by the latest updates these are the players that will be doing everything possible over the next few weeks to get the points and we will be relying on them. Should we win or draw some of these will become local heroes.

I'm sure the crowd will- adversity can breed a great atmosphere at times. 

I remember Man City beat us 6-1 under Lambert but we grafted and played well and the crowd got behind them.

6 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

The scapegoat this season is Hanley who is injured.

It"s the bigger picture I'm concerned about, mot the Man City game.

If he starts playing well, he won't be what you call a 'scapegoat' Same applies to any player at any level at any club. He's been poor and rightly criticised for it as of today. What's the point of a player rating system if you are only allowed to give every player a 10. Do you actually think that players are picked each week regardless of the previous weeks performance? C'mon, you either don't mean that or you haven't thought it through. 

I was challenging the lots of people seem to have their own scapegoats claim, because from what I"ve read on here it's mainly Hanley and no-one else. Unfairly I might add.

Support in the ground against Newc and Chelsea was superb and was a reaction to what the fans saw on the pitch. It was quiet aganst West Ham but in a response to a lacklustre performance. If the players put in a shift tomorrow then the crowd will get behind them.

30 minutes ago, YellowRages said:

If he starts playing well, he won't be what you call a 'scapegoat' Same applies to any player at any level at any club. 

I think that most people would view him as a top of the Championship defender, given that he's barely played in a year and two of the 3 sides he's faced so far are European Cup holders, to start your comment with "if he starts playing well" is at best, harsh.

35 minutes ago, YellowRages said:

He's been poor and rightly criticised for it as of today. 

Most quality defenders struggle against Liverpool's attack, that's why they're European Champions. To say Hanley has been poor and rightly criticised is wide of the mark

Yes, you have every right to your opinion, but that doesn't make it fact. I hope the next time you go, and he's playing, you give him the same support that you'd give the rest of the Team.