Sign in to follow this  
Van wink

DF: “Many injures players - more on the beds than in the field.”

4 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Thought Klose now just 1 to 2 months - so mid-November 

From press conference '' “Timm doesn’t need surgery but that won’t reduce his time out sadly. We think it is nine months, maybe one or two less''

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Thought Klose now just 1 to 2 months - so mid-November 

No Klose is still minimum months, down from previous forecast of 9 as he does not need surgery - basically his season is done.

Edited by Surfer
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Krul and the midfielders too? 

Not Krul (training this morning) but as for the midfielders yes..... West Ham apparently stitched us up well and good. 

1 hour ago, Petriix said:

This is perfect. Man City are bound to completely underestimate us, meanwhile we'll just bring in whoever this year's versions of Godfrey and Aarons are from our youth ranks. We'll catch them cold, pick up the three points and unearth the next two £30m+ players at the same time. What's not to love about that?

Petriix, looks like Lakey has hacked into your account!

So 

Krul / Fahrmann 

Byram  Amadou Lewis Heisse

Tettey McLean

Buendia    Steipermann   Cantwell 

Pukki

Bench 

Fahrmann / McGovern

Idah   Drmic    Srbeny 

Um errrr.    do we have anyone else? 

1 hour ago, pete said:

Only promising youngsters that could have been drafted in are on loan.

Avoiding relegation looking a long way off, self funding is looking a futile exercise.  What is going to happen when Webber decides this is not the way forward and the bargains suddenly dry up.  Pl a poisoned chalice for City.

1 hour ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

club took a gamble in spending so very little in summer to strengthen the squad in terms of both quality and depth- and it is coming back to bite us on the @*^% 

yes we have been unlucky but we also failed to strengthen. 

So explain how spending more money would have avoided injuries? Are more expensive players less injury prone? What of load of pant wetting b******s.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Van wink said:

No Mario, No Trybul, No Moritz, No Hanley

So basically we want to put out a weakened side against Man City without the controversy and FA inquiry that would follow a Liverpool complaint that if we didn't announce all these injuries beforehand. 

Probably a good idea. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

So explain how spending more money would have avoided injuries? Are more expensive players less injury prone? What of load of pant wetting b******s.

I believe that we are 2 players short of a full 25, so there was room for 2 more players if we want to get technical. 

Most teams name 25. 

So its potentially a valid criticism, that we had room in the squad for more even if loans. 

3 minutes ago, Surfer said:

So 

Krul / Fahrmann 

Byram  Amadou Lewis Heisse

Tettey McLean

Buendia    Steipermann   Cantwell 

Pukki

Bench 

Fahrmann / McGovern

Idah   Drmic    Srbeny 

Um errrr.    do we have anyone else? 

That's not a bad Championship team. I know it's Citeh, but think of it as a cup game. Anything can happen, they may ease off after the third goal, there could be an earthquake and the game is postponed... I think I've caught the Lakey bug.

Can we call up players from the u23's or do we have to go with whoever we named in our 25 man squad? I'd much rather risk young players on the bench tomorrow than see Michael McGovern put in at CB or Pukki asked to drop into midfield for example

15 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Not Krul (training this morning) but as for the midfielders yes..... West Ham apparently stitched us up well and good. 

Yes Krul was training and over stretched his elbow when training.... unless you know more than that he is doubtful 

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

I believe that we are 2 players short of a full 25, so there was room for 2 more players if we want to get technical. 

Most teams name 25. 

So its potentially a valid criticism, that we had room in the squad for more even if loans. 

And if we had bought/loaned players for the right positions. As previously discussed, there's no way we would have bought a fifth CB, and its unlikely we would have been able to buy a better CB than Klose/Zimmerman, so who would have come to us knowing theyd be sitting on the bench?

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

So basically we want to put out a weakened side against Man City without the controversy and FA inquiry that would follow a Liverpool complaint that if we didn't announce all these injuries beforehand. 

Probably a good idea. 

Hope you’re right.... have me doubts though Teemu 

6 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

And if we had bought/loaned players for the right positions. As previously discussed, there's no way we would have bought a fifth CB, and its unlikely we would have been able to buy a better CB than Klose/Zimmerman, so who would have come to us knowing theyd be sitting on the bench?

We did know that Zimmermann was going to miss pre-season + the start of the season though, and that Klose has had prior ankle and knee injuries, so going with 4 was a known risk that looks like it is backfiring.

Depending on just how good Amadou is at centre back I guess, we did sign him in the knowledge that he could play there but pretty sure he was signed to avoid having to use Tettey.... and now we're going to have to play Man City with Tettey. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

FB_IMG_1568387405893.thumb.jpg.d200eed0031d1c8a381200b0c39ba782.jpg

When I see “probable start” I now wonder if we would be better off resting anyone that is not fully fit

Edited by Van wink

Get through this game unscathed, hopefully next week Godfrey, Hanley, Leitner and Vrancic are all back for Burnley along with Roberts bein eligible. 

It isn't great but it sounds much better when you think of it in that way...

• Like 1

MB said on his Q&A for The Athletic that Godfrey should be fit to play.

I know we're saying we should rest him, but I think if he's able to play (even through pain) he will be called upon. Similar thing with Zimbo against West Ham. He wasn't 100% but we needed him so Farke put him in.

27 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Most teams name 25. 

Only five Premier League clubs named 25, and most (if not all) subsequently let one or two of them go whilst the European window was still open.

EDIT: only two of those five let players go- I think. So there are three clubs with a 25-man squad: Newcastle, Sheffield United and Watford.

26 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Can we call up players from the u23's or do we have to go with whoever we named in our 25 man squad? I'd much rather risk young players on the bench tomorrow than see Michael McGovern put in at CB or Pukki asked to drop into midfield for example

We can select any Under-21 player without having to name them in the 25-man squad.

23 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

This. It's very rare you need a fifth centre back: we've just been very unlucky that all four of them have been injured at the same time.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man
  • Like 1

Why not drop tettey into CB next to amadou then steips goes next to the mayorn in the middle with sir Benny taking the number 10 role (or wing with cantwell in the middle). At least they've all played those positions before and it's keep the ball moving out of defence reasonably well.... Or 4-4-2 it

Krul

Byram amadou tettey Lewis

Buendia McLean steips cantwell

Pukki.   Drmic

9 minutes ago, king canary said:

Get through this game unscathed, hopefully next week Godfrey, Hanley, Leitner and Vrancic are all back for Burnley along with Roberts bein eligible. 

It isn't great but it sounds much better when you think of it in that way...

Yes, totally agree with that ....

I know it sounds a bit childish but there is a little part of me that just wants to have a bit of a blub when I see how these injuries are threatening to undermine our season. We have worked so hard to get here and have a team that at full strength should be competitive and yet we are clearly not going to be able to put out anything resembling our first choice line up until January at least. It all just seems so unjust. I do think that we have left ourselves a bit short in certain areas and so to that extent we have to accept that we took a bit of a risk but even so these injuries are hugely unfortunate. The Man City game is not a big deal but the three after that are a real opportunity to get our season going and we are clearly going to be significantly under strength. I guess we just have tio hope we can hang in there until January and still be in touch.  

9 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Godfrey

I know we're saying we should rest him, but I think if he's able to play (even through pain) he will be called upon. Similar thing with Zimbo against West Ham. He wasn't 100% but we needed him so Farke put him in.

Counter-point. We thought we could get at least a point and maybe three at West Ham, I don’t believe we will get anything from Man City, so why risk not getting anything from Burnley etc too? 

Edited by Surfer

Just now, Surfer said:

Counter-point. We thought we could get at least a point and maybe three at West Ham, I don’t believe we will get anything fro Man City, so why risk not getting anything from Burnley etc too? 

Not saying I agree with it, Surf.

Just saying that if he's available and can play, Farke will play him. We've seen it before. We'll see it again! Same goes with Krul. He should be ok. Farke said he expects him to play.

8 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I know it sounds a bit childish but there is a little part of me that just wants to have a bit of a blub when I see how these injuries are threatening to undermine our season. We have worked so hard to get here and have a team that at full strength should be competitive and yet we are clearly not going to be able to put out anything resembling our first choice line up until January at least. It all just seems so unjust. I do think that we have left ourselves a bit short in certain areas and so to that extent we have to accept that we took a bit of a risk but even so these injuries are hugely unfortunate. The Man City game is not a big deal but the three after that are a real opportunity to get our season going and we are clearly going to be significantly under strength. I guess we just have tio hope we can hang in there until January and still be in touch.  

I think I already cried at least twice today because of this ridiculous news 😉

In all seriousness, I totally feel ya. It's a really, really bad situation. But I feel that pretty much all of the worse injuries were out of our control.

Zimbo- Already injured then clattered by Haller. Tries to play on. No way.

Klose- Clattered by some Crawley clogger.

Hernandez- What was he doing on them stairs?

Hanley- Training.

Krul- Training.

Aarons- Fantastic performance for the U21. Perhaps too good. Does himself in making a brilliant block.

Trybull- West Ham attack.

Leitner- West Ham attack.

Vrancic- Training.

Godfrey- U21 misdemeanour (that sounds worse than it should)

FML.

Edited by BobLoz3

12 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

MB said on his Q&A for The Athletic that Godfrey should be fit to play.

I don't think Zimbo should have played v West Ham and although I know he was done by a tackle i'm still not convinced that the fact he was not 100% fit and probably not as robust as usual did not contribute in some way to that injury.  If Godfrey has even the slightest hint of a groin injury he should not be risked, if he plays, aggravates it and misses a month or something then we really are in the sh*t.

13 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Only five Premier League clubs named 25, and most (if not all) subsequently let one or two of them go whilst the European window was still open.

EDIT: only two of those five let players go- I think. So there are three clubs with a 25-man squad: Newcastle, Sheffield United and Watford.

We can select any Under-21 player without having to name them in the 25-man squad.

This. It's very rare you need a fifth centre back: we've just been very unlucky that all four of them have been injured at the same time.

I think though you could question the fact that one of them was Hanley who we were supposedly prepared to let go on loan and who we know is not really good enough at this level. Klose also has a poor recent injury record and we knew Zimm was injured., There was definitely an argument for perhaps bringing in a Cb on loan to bolster the numbers, 

• Like 1

I hear what you are saying, difference is we have Fahrmann available and w/o Godfrey we have no CB except Amadou (needed as DM) and Hanley (once he’s fit again), after that you are looking at moving people into CB from their existing recognized positions. (Lewis etc)

Besides we need a Captain and that should either be Krul or Godfrey - ideally Godfrey as he’s a CB to boss and organize the rest of the team. 

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

I don't think Zimbo should have played v West Ham and although I know he was done by a tackle i'm still not convinced that the fact he was not 100% fit and probably not as robust as usual did not contribute in some way to that injury.  If Godfrey has even the slightest hint of a groin injury he should not be risked, if he plays, aggravates it and misses a month or something then we really are in the sh*t.

I'm not disagreeing with that either!

Yes, he probably shouldn't have been rushed back but we didn't have much of another option. I'm not convinced by Amadou at CB and this is reflected in Farke's thinking too (he didn't want to start him there, or in DM which we STILL haven't really seen him in yet). The thing is, players want to play. And if Zimbo said he was feeling OK to Farke then, fair enough. It was great to have him back for the few minutes he lasted!