Sign in to follow this  
Van wink

DF: “Many injures players - more on the beds than in the field.”

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

WTF are they doing in training? Shambles.

Funny boy.

The CB's all got injured in ACTUAL GAMES (aside from Hanley)

Edited by BobLoz3

2 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Change formation or have Heise play as a CB ?

Heise is a very offensive left back, so I'd say there's more chance of Lewis at centre back. Not that I'd fancy either of them there, to be honest. I don't think either of them have ever played centre back, but the fact we're even discussing it shows how bad the injury crisis is. 

I don; think we can/should risk Godfrey in this game if he has a groin problem. This game is a write off. If we get a miracle result then so be it but the games coming up against Burnley, Palace and Villa are so much more important. If he plays and aggravates his groin problem it will be far more damaging in the longer term.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Funny boy.

The CB's all got injured in ACTUAL GAMES (aside from Hanley)

Krul and the midfielders too? 

5 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Heise is a very offensive left back, so I'd say there's more chance of Lewis at centre back. Not that I'd fancy either of them there, to be honest. I don't think either of them have ever played centre back, but the fact we're even discussing it shows how bad the injury crisis is. 

Well it's not Vinnie Jones in Goal time just yet 😉

I bow to those with greater medical knowledge than me but is there a legitimate question over whether excessive training can leave players more susceptible to certain injuries even if those injuries are actually triggered by tackles/incidents in games. We've played less games this season but seem to be picking up a lot more injuries.

I know they won't like it but we should also withdraw Godfrey and Lewis from the next round of international fixtures and ask that Pukki doesn't play in any friendlies.

• Thanks 1

Hang on: no Zimmerman, Klose, Godfrey, and Hanley for 20/30 minutes. Who is playing defence?

Hanley and Amadou, then Lewis and Amadou?

Doesn’t need to be said but probably the worst  position to be playing league champs in

5 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I don; think we can/should risk Godfrey in this game if he has a groin problem. This game is a write off. If we get a miracle result then so be it but the games coming up against Burnley, Palace and Villa are so much more important. If he plays and aggravates his groin problem it will be far more damaging in the longer term.

Totally agree! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

Are you suggesting we changed our training compared with last season?

Well something has. Bloody rediculous.

I know this sounds ridiculous (probably because it is ridiculous) but if Godfrey doesn't make it then I'd be tempted to play Stiepermann there. 

He's never played centre back in his life, but nor have Lewis or Heise to my knowledge, and at least he has some physical presence. It also allows Lewis to remain in his natural position, Heise can play left wing which he has done many times before and Cantwell can play as a number ten.

Against any team other than Man City, I'd say this is the best option, but given the style of Man City I can see why a more pacy, mobile player like Lewis could be better suited to playing at centre back. 

But let's just hope that Godfrey is fine.

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I know this sounds ridiculous (probably because it is ridiculous) but if Godfrey doesn't make it then I'd be tempted to play Stiepermann there. 

He's never played centre back in his life, but nor have Lewis or Heise to my knowledge, and at least he has some physical presence. It also allows Lewis to remain in his natural position, Heise can play left wing which he has done many times before and Cantwell can play as a number ten.

Against any team other than Man City, I'd say this is the best option, but given the style of Man City I can see why a more pacy, mobile player like Lewis could be better suited to playing at centre back. 

But let's just hope that Godfrey is fine.

I don't want Godfrey to play. He clearly won't be 100% so its too big a risk,

I do agree with you though re Man City. They wont play much long ball stuff and don't have many big strikers so this is perhaps one game where mobility at the back will be as important as size/aerial ability.

3 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Surely a good chance we will go three at the back given what we have available?

We're struggling to find one, never mind three.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Well something has. Bloody rediculous.

Luck, maybe? Sometimes long term injuries just happen.

Serious questions have to be asked of the training regime/medical team. These numerous injury issues have been going on continually for two seasons now. Can't just be coincide. Couple that with the fact our board have once again invested diddly squat into the squad and we are bang in trouble. Again. 

25 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

Not sure where Odusina is. Famewo might be a good shout. I wouldn't risk anyone who's not 100% fit. 

Maybe Robert Rosario for centre half. 

How can you put Robert Rosario in when you have Chris Sutton on the bench who has already played in that position 🙂

Although it sounds a bit ridiculous, its possible that Farke can use this to his advantage and build up some kind of siege mentality over the next few weeks with the players we have left. Tomorrow could be embarrassing and will clearly be very difficult but if it was a holywood movie then our patched up band of heroes would scrape a draw or something!

3 minutes ago, Rustyboy said:

How can you put Robert Rosario in when you have Chris Sutton on the bench who has already played in that position 🙂

So has Rosario under Dave Stringer. Culverhouse was sweeper. 

Rob Newman also played both positions 

club took a gamble in spending so very little in summer to strengthen the squad in terms of both quality and depth- and it is coming back to bite us on the @*^% 

yes we have been unlucky but we also failed to strengthen. 

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

club took a gamble in spending so very little in summer to strengthen the squad in terms of both quality and depth- and it is coming back to bite us on the @*^% 

I'm not sure this is a fair reading in terms of depth. Not many squads will carry more than 4 out and out central defenders in the 25 and losing all 4 of them to injury at once is difficult to plan for. Man City look likely to also be playing a defensive midfielder in central defence on Saturday and nobody can question their strength in depth.

• Like 2

So is this an up to date list ??

Hanley - May be fit enough for bench to play 30 mins

Roberts - ineligible to play

Leitner - Out Short Term

Vrancic  - Out Short Term

Drimc - Out Short Term

Trybull -  Out until Mid Oct

Zimmerman - Out until Jan 

Aarons  - Out until Mid - Oct

Klose - Out for season

Hernandez - Out until Dec

Krul - doubtful for tomorrow

Godfrey - doubtful for tomorrow

8 minutes ago, Diane said:

Leitner - Out Short Term

Drimc - Out Short Term

Klose - Out for season

Thanks for summarising that Diane, I was listing them as they were announced, I say thanks but to be honest seeing that list it looks even worse than I thought.

17 minutes ago, Diane said:

Leitner - Out Short Term

Drimc - Out Short Term

Klose - Out for season

Drmic?...he came on at west ham??....didnt see that he's injured too?

I wouldn't risk any recurrence of injury so only fully fit players for me even if they're not ready as we have little to lose

Fahrmann

Byram

Bushiri (recall)

Amadou

Lewis

Tettey

McLean

Buendia

Stiepermann

Cantwell

Pukki

Literally have no choice but to close the spaces, press incessantly in packs and hit fast on the counter. get Pukki another goal and keep the scoreline to something respectable and we'd have done amazingly well

31 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Cor, I mean you don't miss out on an opportunity ( no matter how flawed your point actually is ) do you DCB? 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WD40 said:

Hang on: no Zimmerman, Klose, Godfrey, and Hanley for 20/30 minutes. Who is playing defence?

Hanley and Amadou, then Lewis and Amadou?

Doesn’t need to be said but probably the worst  position to be playing league champs in

would rather we get this out of the way to be fair. Just play with 9 midfielders at the back and hope to keep the score down

11 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I wouldn't risk any recurrence of injury so only fully fit players for me even if they're not ready as we have little to lose

Fahrmann

Byram

Bushiri (recall)

Amadou

Lewis

Tettey

McLean

Buendia

Stiepermann

Cantwell

Pukki

Literally have no choice but to close the spaces, press incessantly in packs and hit fast on the counter. get Pukki another goal and keep the scoreline to something respectable and we'd have done amazingly well

I don't think we can recall Rocky even