Sign in to follow this  
Van wink

DF: “Many injures players - more on the beds than in the field.”

It’s important we bring our style. Even if I wanted to park the bus, I couldn’t because of the injuries to my defensive lads

1) Klose doesn’t need surgery. Would have been out 9 months. Now one or two less.

2) Zimmermann will be out until January. Ligament damage in his ankle. Farke says they were worried about his career

It's a horror story of injuries - didn't realise both Mo and Mario were out !!! 😞

Wow, what a ****show.

So even if Godfrey and Krul make it we're looking at...

Krul

Byram, Amadou, Godfrey, Lewis

Tettey

Buendia, McLean, Steipermann Cantwell

Pukki

Bench of Fahrmann, Heise, Drmic, Srebeny and whoever else we can rustle up.

9 minutes ago, Van wink said:

1) Klose doesn’t need surgery. Would have been out 9 months. Now one or two less.

2) Zimmermann will be out until January. Ligament damage in his ankle. Farke says they were worried about his career

A full force sliding tackle from wide of a players vision as he is clearly about to clear a ball with full weight on the non - kicking foot and late too gets no penalty! It sticks in the craw. 

• Like 1

Absolute nightmare of EPIC proportions.

I hadn't felt it before, but all of this is going to SERIOUSLY hamper our chances of staying up. I always thought we had enough, if our first team players were available. Instead, we're stuck without some top performers for quite a while.

I'm not sure how this works, but surely we must be legible to get some sort of emergency loan players, especially in defence??

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

Wow, what a ****show.

Krul

Tettey

Pukki

Indeed. With a fully fit squad we'd have our work cut out this season. The above injury list beggars belief! Very unlucky 😢

3 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Absolute nightmare of EPIC proportions.

I hadn't felt it before, but all of this is going to SERIOUSLY hamper our chances of staying up. I always thought we had enough, if our first team players were available. Instead, we're stuck without some top performers for quite a while.

Exactly this. With the players we've got missing, a lot of them important players, we're really struggling to have a competitive enough squad to stay up. The defence is looking very thin now, and it's just bad luck rather than poor planning.

After Man City our tough start is over and it looked like we could start picking up quite a few points as the fixtures on paper weren't too daunting, but now I'm just hoping that we can scrape enough together to stay in touch with 17th over the next couple of months.

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Exactly this. With the players we've got missing, a lot of them important players, we're really struggling to have a competitive enough squad to stay up. The defence is looking very thin now, and it's just bad luck rather than poor planning.

After Man City our tough start is over and it looked like we could start picking up quite a few points as the fixtures on paper weren't too daunting, but now I'm just hoping that we can scrape enough together to stay in touch with 17th over the next couple of months.

I'll be honest. I'm starting to get a little bit of wee dribble out.

This is perfect. Man City are bound to completely underestimate us, meanwhile we'll just bring in whoever this year's versions of Godfrey and Aarons are from our youth ranks. We'll catch them cold, pick up the three points and unearth the next two £30m+ players at the same time. What's not to love about that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

20 minutes ago, king canary said:

Wow, what a ****show.

Krul

Tettey

Pukki

This really is down to the bones - I guess we find out over the next month or two whether our squad can step up like last year. As we know, sometimes a guaranteed run of games can unearth another gem.

27 minutes ago, king canary said:

Wow, what a ****show.

Krul

Tettey

Pukki

And if Godfrey doesn't make it I guess Lewis at CH and Heise in at full back?

We really shouldn't be risking him in any way. We are going to need him big time in the next few months. 

Godfrey doubtful but mustn't be risked if not 100%.

To think that some on here thought 4 CBs in the squad was enough, especially when one of those is Hanley.

We are doomed. Doomed I tell you.

Only promising youngsters that could have been drafted in are on loan.

Avoiding relegation looking a long way off, self funding is looking a futile exercise.  What is going to happen when Webber decides this is not the way forward and the bargains suddenly dry up.  Pl a poisoned chalice for City.