Sign in to follow this  
Jersey Canary

Max Aarons?

Tomorrow probably.

Hope we dont rush him back for this game if he's not 100%.

I do wonder if Zimbo was really ready for his return!

30 minutes ago, Van wink said:

I do wonder if Zimbo was really ready for his return!

Strange comment - how exactly do you get ready for a 13 stone striker smashing his studs into your ankle two seconds after the ball has gone? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Strange comment - how exactly do you get ready for a 13 stone striker smashing his studs into your ankle two seconds after the ball has gone? 

Yeh thats a fair comment, but he was quite heavily strapped on his leg, I dont know, it just occured to me that maybe we were so desparate to get him back that he may not have been quite ready, last season he seemed very resilient.

not as concerned about this weekend. It is a bit of a free hit anyway. Just hope Max and Zimbo are back for the nicer run of games after this weekend so we can crack on up the table.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

Yeh thats a fair comment, but he was quite heavily strapped on his leg, I dont know, it just occured to me that maybe we were so desparate to get him back that he may not have been quite ready, last season he seemed very resilient.

I knew exactly what you meant. I thought the other comment in reply was stranger in all honesty!

It's the age old thing about not rushing a player back if they're not 100%. In our case, and quite unfortunately, we had to with Zimbo. Didn't really have another option.

As for 'how do you get ready for a 13 stone...yadda, yadda' The answer to that is...

Football is a physical game and that stuff happens regularly. If you get a bad tackle on the area or same side that's already damaged, but you've been rushed back into a game, it's more likley you'll end up injured even worse instead of bouncing back from the whack.

Capiche? 😉

Edited by BobLoz3
  • Like 1

"Daniel Farke will be forced into changes to his starting line up for Saturday's televised test with Christoph Zimmermann and Tom Trybull ruled out through ankle injuries suffered against West Ham prior to the international break.

Farke will provide a further fitness update on defender Max Aarons on Friday lunchtime at Colney, following his ankle scare on England Under-21 duty, but number one Krul is backing the fringe players to prove their mettle"

I heard a rumour he was out for the season - or I may have just made that up. Maybe I’ll wait for what DF days tomorrow. 

54 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Rumour on FB is that Max will be out for 2 months.

Hopefully that is just a rumour Alex🤞

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Van wink said:

I’m not using FB much at the moment, but I just had a quick scroll through my feed and in that time saw 2 threads on 2 different fan sites, admittedly I didn’t open them up to see if there was any more detail, I’d already seen enough. Hopefully they’re indeed just rumours and no inside info, but thought I’d pass on what I noticed as it had not been mentioned here yet.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Van wink said:

17 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Rumour on FB is that Max will be out for 2 months.

I think that was just started off by some dingus thinking they were funny and saying "Just overheard in Morrison's... Max is out for 2 months!"

It wasn't funny or true.

41 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

I think that was just started off by some dingus thinking they were funny and saying "Just overheard in Morrison's... Max is out for 2 months!"

It wasn't funny or true.

But sometimes it is based on truth... Max will know the prognosis by now, so it's possible he's told friends and family. It does happen quite a lot that someone has an inside track on these things, I remember someone saying Elliott Bennett would be out for the season after picking up what looked like an innocuous injury on the first day of the season (Wolfie's debut against Everton IIRC?), and that turned out to be accurate.

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

But sometimes it is based on truth... Max will know the prognosis by now, so it's possible he's told friends and family. It does happen quite a lot that someone has an inside track on these things, I remember someone saying Elliott Bennett would be out for the season after picking up what looked like an innocuous injury on the first day of the season (Wolfie's debut against Everton IIRC?), and that turned out to be accurate.

Mate... He said he'd OVERHEARD IT IN MORRISON'S! 🤣

There was absolutely no substance to it. But hey, none of us know for sure! It could be two days, two weeks, two months or more!

1 minute ago, BobLoz3 said:

Mate... He said he'd OVERHEARD IT IN MORRISON'S! 🤣

There was absolutely no substance to it. But hey, none of us know for sure! It could be two days, two weeks, two months or more!

Yeah, but just saying it's not beyond the realms of possibility that the true prognosis could get into the public domain before the club announces it.

Right, I'm off on holiday. See you in three weeks or so, and don't bully Lakey while I'm away.

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Right, I'm off on holiday. See you in three weeks or so, and don't bully Lakey while I'm away.

As long as he doesnt Preach, patronize, lecture or be insulting just because us mere faithless Mortals can't grasp the higher thinking of the Cumbrian Canary . 

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

As long as he doesnt Preach, patronize, lecture or be insulting just because us mere faithless Mortals can't grasp the higher thinking of the Cumbrian Canary . 

DO NOT SUMMON HIM

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Yeah, he's definitely going to get bullied. 

12 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Yeah, he's definitely going to get bullied. 

Not by me, I may however  disagree with him on the odd fine point. 

20 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yeah, but just saying it's not beyond the realms of possibility that the true prognosis could get into the public domain before the club announces it.

Have fun, my lad!

23 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

not as concerned about this weekend. It is a bit of a free hit anyway. Just hope Max and Zimbo are back for the nicer run of games after this weekend so we can crack on up the table.

I just don't want us to be humiliated

3 hours ago, BobLoz3 said:

It wasn't funny or true.

Just passed it on as a talking point, rather than I took it as gospel : ). As it happens, Bob, our injury crisis runs far far deeper than I could have ever envisaged prior to the press conference - hate sore losers but I do feel like the gods are against us right now folks. Not 1 fit central defender - I can’t remember when we last had zero CB’s available, god knows what we’re going to do tomorrow mate.

We are going to lose. Now the important thing is the team and crowd stay on-side with each other. 

Although sone may take the cheap shot of “I told you so”, nobody could have planned for this combination of injuries. 

So tomorrow we will be fine, the crowd know we are going to get tonked, but the team need us for the next batch of “winnable” game even more now. 

6 minutes ago, Surfer said:

We are going to lose. Now the important thing is the team and crowd stay on-side with each other. 

Although sone may take the cheap shot of “I told you so”, nobody could have planned for this combination of injuries. 

So tomorrow we will be fine, the crowd know we are going to get tonked, but the team need us for the next batch of “winnable” game even more now. 

FFS I can't take much more of this defeatist nonsense.  Godfrey in his interview the other day was full of confidence and talking about trying to get the three points on Saturday.  Could we all please try and get a grip? 

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

FFS I can't take much more of this defeatist nonsense.  Godfrey in his interview the other day was full of confidence and talking about trying to get the three points on Saturday.  Could we all please try and get a grip? 

Doesn’t sound like Godfrey will even make the bench, Lakey!