Sign in to follow this  
Jersey Canary

Max Aarons?

14 minutes ago, chiropracticcanary said:

I cant see any reports about Max and his injury?  Do we know?

Out until Oct, apparently.

38 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Just passed it on as a talking point, rather than I took it as gospel : ). As it happens, Bob, our injury crisis runs far far deeper than I could have ever envisaged prior to the press conference - hate sore losers but I do feel like the gods are against us right now folks. Not 1 fit central defender - I can’t remember when we last had zero CB’s available, god knows what we’re going to do tomorrow mate.

It's a total cluster**** of a disastrous nightmare, mate.

As I said elsewhere, it's not just tomorrow! The impact of this will be felt for most of the season, especially in regards to the defence. I haven't ever seen anything quite like it in football.

3 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Genuine question, can we make any free transfers?

Nope. Deadline was Sep 2. Although apparently, a club can apply to sign someone on a free after this date.

Someone else said that the only time you can do it is if you don't have a pro keeper in your side.

It all looks rather grim doesn't it?

Edited by BobLoz3

You can sign free agents at any time, but I think we're maxed out on non-homegrown players, so it would have to be a homegrown free agent, of which there is nobody really useful available. Maybe Danny Simpson as a right back or Johan Djourou or Marc Wilson at centre back would be the best options, but that's really scraping the barrel.

30 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

FFS I can't take much more of this defeatist nonsense.  Godfrey in his interview the other day was full of confidence and talking about trying to get the three points on Saturday.  Could we all please try and get a grip? 

LDC it’s not defeatist to suggest we will lose. It’s one game and we have plenty more to come. No war is won by winning every skirmish, but wars are always lost once moral collapses. Re-read what I said in that light...

I want Godfrey to be fit for the next 5 games, and not risk him tomorrow unless he is 100% O.K. 

Puuki, Buendia, Cantwell, Steipermann all to play and we will attack Man City as we attack every team. But we are playing probably the best team in Europe, without Leitner or Vrancic,  Aaron’s, Zimmermann, Klose, Hanley and quite likeley Godfrey. 

Back to military analogy I’ll take a tactical defeat and withdrawal to a better position thank you. 

3 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

You can sign free agents at any time, but I think we're maxed out on non-homegrown players, so it would have to be a homegrown free agent, of which there is nobody really useful available. Maybe Danny Simpson as a right back or Johan Djourou or Marc Wilson at centre back would be the best options, but that's really scraping the barrel.

would take Djourou for now to be fair 😄