Kathy

Sticker book!

14 minutes ago, Scottlarock said:

Are they only sold in shops Pete? Is mail order and online being considered?

They certainly have been considered and a link will be made available on Friday.

2 hours ago, Kathy said:

I'm far from a kid but I'm going to do it!

Same! What a great idea this is

I sincerely assume / hope that it includes highlights of yesteryear as weil as the current squad

I can't really access EDP or (non-forum) pinkun websites at work... not from any corporate IT restriction - they just tend to freeze when loading - very frustrating (I know, use your own stuff not work's blah blah) and these seem to be the only sites that i go on that this happens with!

6 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

Same! What a great idea this is

I sincerely assume / hope that it includes highlights of yesteryear as weil as the current squad

I can't really access EDP or (non-forum) pinkun websites at work... not from any corporate IT restriction - they just tend to freeze when loading - very frustrating (I know, use your own stuff not work's blah blah) and these seem to be the only sites that i go on that this happens with!

Current squad, past players, managers, kits, greatest moments, they're all in there.

• Thanks 1

Got mine today

Am i right that the way you buy the stickers is buying 1 EDP or pinkun, get 1 voucher, go to a Co-op or OneStop (or one or other outlets), exchange for 1 sticker pack?

What a great idea! I remember spending all my pocket money on football stickers when I was a kid and taking great wodges of them everywhere just in case I could get some swaps.

Just bought mine online, for old times sake, ahem. 😳 As an exile I hope there will be some swapping on line too?

• Like 2

Just to add, and I promise I haven't a boxfull I am trying to flog, it is a really nicely produced booklet. Well worth a quid. 

I got my first stickers yesterday and was delighted when Darren Huckerby was the first one out of the packet!

I still have a long was to go, bought 10 packs and all 50 stickers were different which surprised me. How is everyone else doing and are there any rare ones that I should rejoice over having or where I should stare miserably at the empty space in my book? 😢😬

I think the last sticker book I had was in about 1980 but somethings haven’t changed. I still can’t get the back off without creasing the corner and I still can’t put them in the book straight 🤭😳.

Somethings do remain the same though, as I’ve just ordered a load more. So when my mum comes over at the weekend she can tell me off all over again for spending all my pocket money on stupid stickers, which of course I will ignore! 😬👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Similar to Hanster. Got a load and not a single swap yet. Got me Hucks, Fashanu and Farke so far. 👍

Regressed to my childhood. 😀

Pete, I have to say I think Archant are missing a trick by not making them more widely available. I went into Reepham post office this morning ready to give the Liverpool supporting owners some grief for not stocking them, only to find out that they are not allowed to, and that they are only available at Co op and One Stop outlets.

I don't understand the logic behind this. Surely you would quadruple at the very least your sales if you made them available at all newsagents?

(I am buying for a small child I know of course..... 🤥)

Official reply:

To ensure the campaign is profitable we have only printed a set number of albums and sticker packs. These have been distributed to a set of retail outlets that give us an even spread across Norfolk, Waveney and beyond to ensure that fans can easily access the stock. We also have stock available on the Pink Un shop and at NCFC outlets to ensure we achieve our objective of availability. After that we can supply other outlets, they just need to request supply as they do any other publications from time to time, we don’t have is the stock to supply over 850 retailers who stock the EDP.

So, I’ve now got 150 stickers in my book and 80 still to get, so two thirds of the way there yay! 😁👍

I’ve got 25 duplicates out of 175 bought, which is a bit more than I was expecting and I noticed that if the first one in the pack was a duplicate, then the other 4 also were. So that in effect it is whole packs that are duplicated rather than single stickers in the pack. That was my experience with five packets today, so I suspect that the way these are packaged is less random than other sticker books where packs seem to contain a more random selection with just the odd duplicate in each pack. 

That’s not a problem just an observation from my experience today and in some ways an opportunity as what it does mean is that I have got some swaps, which I’d be happy to trade. I’ve kept my swaps in the 5s that came from each packet which may be helpful? I’m based in SE London so would need to trade by post.

Is anyone interested, if so let me know and I’ll try and work out how we can do it.🙄

I suspect that at the end of this I will have a load of spares that I can’t get rid of. I wondered if we could pool all our duplicates to make up an album, or even two, to raffle off and make some money for the community sports foundation or other good causes? Would anyone else be up for that?

• Like 1

I got a load last week and out of 20 packs didn't get a single duplicate, which is great. I've got another load on the way so will let you know if I have any swaps.

I am sure something can be arranged for any remains. Keep us updated.

59 minutes ago, Herman said:

I got a load last week and out of 20 packs didn't get a single duplicate, which is great. I've got another load on the way so will let you know if I have any swaps.

I am sure something can be arranged for any remains. Keep us updated.

To be fair I bought 10 bags last week and these contained no duplicates and then a further 25 bags this week. Again these 25 bags we’re all different which is excellent. 

The duplicates come from the fact that of the 25 bags I bought this week, 5 were the same as last week. I sort of wish I had just blitzed it and bought 50 bags at the start as I wonder if I’d have just got a straight run through? That’s less fun though.  If I was a local, I’d probably vary my supplier to add some randomness in to my collecting. So very interested to see how your second run goes Herman.

Anyway, the biggest test will be to see how long I last before ordering some more. Maybe next time I can get Pete to select my bags Countdown style, 5 bags from the top of the pile 5 from the bottom, and 5 from the middle 😁👍.

• Like 1

On 02/10/2019 at 11:26, Kathy said:

Pete, I have to say I think Archant are missing a trick by not making them more widely available. I went into Reepham post office this morning ready to give the Liverpool supporting owners some grief for not stocking them, only to find out that they are not allowed to, and that they are only available at Co op and One Stop outlets.

I don't understand the logic behind this. Surely you would quadruple at the very least your sales if you made them available at all newsagents?

(I am buying for a small child I know of course..... 🤥)

You should have come to our event last night, lots of swapsies going on 😀

2 hours ago, Diane said:

You should have come to our event last night, lots of swapsies going on 😀

I'd need to get an album first!