Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

No new players for thicky fans!.

Read the latest spin from Carrow Road today? (Pink Un main page) it says ''we won''t be bullied into paying high prices for players, or in City speak (remember ashton?) we''re getting no one!.

In general City fans are thick (me included) but we do believe our club won''t let us down , WRONG!. Because we put up with all this rubbish, THEY will keep taking the p**s out of us.

If you''re waiting for some major signing, forget it, there won''t be one, oh sure, they''ll make all the right noises, but thats all.

They have to sell season tickets after all don''t they?.

Prudence with sod all else, the board, manager?, coaches and players have given up on this season............I think I''ll join them!.

Speak for yourself about being ''thick''!

The problem here is that many football fans forget that football operates in the real world. For what reason would the club be maliciously attempting to con the fans and taking the p*** out of us? The club are currently working furiously behind the scenes to pull in some quality to the team but it takes time, patience and careful negotiation.

Football is a business now whether you like it or not and you have to understand that Worthington and the board know what is best for Norwich City and know far far more than we could ever know with far far more experience at dealing with situations like this than we will ever have and are operating solely for the benefit of this football club. He has proven it before and I am sure by the close of the window he will prove you wrong ... again!

Be realistic instead of irrational.

Wizard - do you reaklly wanna see any new players now??  For me YES if they are quality, NO otherwise.  In all honesty I would rather the money was saved till the summer so we have less chance of neing ripped off (ala 1.75 million for Akinbiyi!!! 31 years old!!!) .  NO MORE DROSS.

The only average champoionship player I would accept would be an championship right winger so at least the side has balance, taking the burden off hucks

[quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]

The problem here is that many football fans forget that football operates in the real world. For what reason would the club be maliciously attempting to con the fans and taking the p*** out of us? The club are currently working furiously behind the scenes to pull in some quality to the team but it takes time, patience and careful negotiation.

Football is a business now whether you like it or not and you have to understand that Worthington and the board know what is best for Norwich City and know far far more than we could ever know with far far more experience at dealing with situations like this than we will ever have and are operating solely for the benefit of this football club. He has proven it before and I am sure by the close of the window he will prove you wrong ... again!

[/quote]

Nigel Worthington has now had 1 and a half awful seasons showing up tactical negligence and inability, poor player signings, petty arguments resulting in players leaving, mismanagement, he doesnt goive a monkeys what the fans think, he was pressured into playing Safri and Helveg and now mcveigh, he signed appauling defensive players in the summer, he has turned our style to a long ball game, he shows an inability to play players to their strengths.  He has taken NCFC as far as he can and is now taking us back to where we began.

[quote user="Paul Rankin"][quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]

[/quote]

Nigel Worthington has now had 1 and a half awful seasons showing up tactical negligence and inability, poor player signings, petty arguments resulting in players leaving, mismanagement, he doesnt goive a monkeys what the fans think, he was pressured into playing Safri and Helveg and now mcveigh, he signed appauling defensive players in the summer, he has turned our style to a long ball game, he shows an inability to play players to their strengths.  He has taken NCFC as far as he can and is now taking us back to where we began.

[/quote]

Ageed Paul, and I''ll tell you this, if, if we get anyone in it will be someone like the God awful Lisbie in a Green transfer deal. The fact that Worthless rates him says it all. In his loan spell here he was rank!.

Although I don''t believe like you, that he''s taken us as far as he can, if the board give him long enough, he''ll take us to the 1st division and beyond!.

Konstantin - Whilst I do not think NCFC are malicious in their dealings with the fans, they are somewhat patronising, we understand that football is a business, they would have lost nothing by releasing a statement along the following lines "Norwich City has receieved a bid for Dean Ashton and negotiations are ongoing, we are unable to release any details of the bid and the progress on those negotiations, we will hold a press conference once negotiations are concluded". As it is they were prepared to make it public how much the deal was worth, rather than saying that Dean Ashton has gone to WHU for an undisclosed fee, consequently Colchester Utd are now making statements that it will take "silly money" (sound familiar) for Halford to be sold. Running that club as a business cuts both ways, you tell me what kind of commercial organisation would put up with one of its managers performing badly over a period of 18 months.

Paul - forgive me if I''m wrong, I haven''t researched it and haven''t got the time to do so, but aren''t Wet Sham listed on the stock market?  If that''s the case the transfer fee has to be declared to the stock market, so we may not have had any choice in that matter.

On another note, can you imagine the outcry there would have been if Dean had gone for an ''undisclosed'' amount?  With the jumping to conlcusions there has been going on round here in the last month or so, people would have assumed we had received much less than the amount we actually did!

Temp - You could be right, and I totally agree with your point about it being better to disclose the fee, I was not suggesting they should not have done. If your are correct re the Stock Market then is even less reason for the club not to have released the sort of message I was suggesting.

Just a thought, Paul Aldrich. Given the need to conclude a deal as swiftly as possible (once Dean made it clear he wanted to go), the last thing the club wanted was to alert other clubs. Might this not have slowed the process and shortened the time available for buying?Another factor may have been West Ham''s wishes. It was hardly in their interest to announce the bidding had begun and they may have threatened to pull out of the deal if it was made public prior to contracts being signed.When it comes to transfers, both sides have a say in what information is released.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

we''re getting no one!.

[/quote]

Apart from possibly Johansson on loan, looks like you could be right.

"Nigel Worthington has now had 1 and a half awful seasons showing up tactical negligence and inability, poor player signings, petty arguments resulting in players leaving, mismanagement, he doesnt goive a monkeys what the fans think, he was pressured into playing Safri and Helveg and now mcveigh, he signed appauling defensive players in the summer, he has turned our style to a long ball game, he shows an inability to play players to their strengths.  He has taken NCFC as far as he can and is now taking us back to where we began"

Paul, I have it on good information that you have stolen this post from elsewhere.  I know for a fact that this is the content of the covering letter sent by Worthy''s agent with his CV in application for the Leicester job. Wink [;)]

Surely this lack of transfer activity could be a good omen, couldn''t it?  It might indicate that the board are beginning to doubt Worthless''s ability both in the transfer market and as manager of the football club. I can only hope that they''ve decided to withhold all major funding to the Worthless one while they decide whether to replace him or not. Worthy out

i only players  worthless will get in now will be no-hopers. . worthless PLEASE  show me im wrong , as your days could be numbered at this great club

on the ball city

No - I can''t help thinking that any monies from the Ashton sale will go toward ground developments and that Worthington will be here at the start of next season managing the same thin squad with youngsters making up its numbers.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Read the latest spin from Carrow Road today? (Pink Un main page) it says ''we won''t be bullied into paying high prices for players, or in City speak (remember ashton?) we''re getting no one!.

In general City fans are thick (me included) but we do believe our club won''t let us down , WRONG!. Because we put up with all this rubbish, THEY will keep taking the p**s out of us.

If you''re waiting for some major signing, forget it, there won''t be one, oh sure, they''ll make all the right noises, but thats all.

They have to sell season tickets after all don''t they?.

Prudence with sod all else, the board, manager?, coaches and players have given up on this season............I think I''ll join them!.

[/quote]

Hey everyone I''ve found another one, will you apologise for calling the fans ''thick'' (I''ve no problem with you describing yourself ''thick'' as you must know yourself fairly well) because you were WRONG on this one aswell.