Jump to content
Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

LDC I am so glad everyone does not have your attitude to this. You are encouraging people to think that losing to Man City is a real bad thing in our season. If many have this expectation instead of being realists the calls for Farke out will start a lot early than you think. Even Webber has told us enjoy the ride, stick together and enjoy the ride, it will be ok to lose in this league.

Please remember some of your postings from this thread as if the Farke out chants start after a run of defeats it will be no good you then saying results don’t matter it is the way we play to defend him.

After beating Newcastle it was always that our real season would start at Burnley. I for one will give Farke 100 % support whatever happens this year. Building people’s expectations up is encouraging a backlash at each bad run.

And you still haven’t answered my original post - HOW ARE WE GOING TO STOP STERLING. I guess it might be done for us by Pep as he has just played 2 gruelling games so maybe rested. Scary thought is that will see Mahrez or Sane instead.

Of course they don't; he's a contrarian. The more people that disagree with him, the more he'll defend his opinion... and when he's hauled in enough people calling him out, he'll throw in a bit of condescension for good measure (see Exihibit A above: "I really think some of you have no idea at all.")

I had him on block for ages, but I've unblocked him now as he can make reasonable points sometimes. You've just got to learn when he's playing his little naysaying game, and then back quietly away.

Edited by Feedthewolf
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Of course they don't; he's a contrarian. The more people that disagree with him, the more he'll defend his opinion... and when he's hauled in enough people calling him out, he'll throw in a bit of condescension for good measure (see Exihibit A above: "I really think some of you have no idea at all.")

I had him on block for ages, but I've unblocked him now as he can make reasonable points sometimes. You've just got to learn when he's playing his little naysaying game, and then back quietly away.

Trouble is Wolfo, he then sits back feeling all smug thinking to himself ' I wonder if Mr. Farke  will phone again ,looking for more advice on man managemrnt and realistic goal setting.For after all ,am I not the lord of Pi$$ing into the wind'. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

I can appreciate it when they are playing someone else, but not when it is against us.  A great goal is a great goal, such as Fostieri's last season and we can all applaud that, but if I see a player such as Hazard starting to dribble, then my only instinct is "stop him", not "ooh look at that wonderful player"!  

I did answer it - it is clear how you stop him - you keep the ball, keep possession and keep Sterling and de Bruyne's opportunities down to a minimum.

Man City had four 1-0 matches against lower opposition last season, so they are not always free scoring....it is up to us to make them work for it and at 0-0, it is ours to do well in and make sure we don't give them too many chances to get their expansive game going.

 

 

Can I have some of what you have been drinking. 

I made this point earlier and you trashed it. Man City against Liverpool had 72% possession. We lost to Liverpool 4-1 yet you think we are going to dominate a game against Man City. If we had the sort of possession stats you are indicating against Man City not only would we be the best team in the world most of our players would be sort after by all the big teams around Europe. With both these teams you press them to high as soon as they get past that original screen they will destroy you. Their goalkeeper can pass the ball as well and as quickly as most premier league midfielders. By using players high you leave players all be it 1 or 2 unmarked. In City’s case who do you propose we leave open - De Bruyne, Augero, Mahrez, Sterling they all hurt you.

And yep I still hope it is the most boring game ever and we win 1-0. Under the circumstances it will be something we talk about for years as it will equal the achievements of beating Bayern Munich as a one off game. However realistically the bookmakers give us the same chance based on their odds of San Marino beating England. 

Your enthusiasm is to be admired, but you are placing unrealistic expectations on the club which when placed can quickly effect the way people think of our perfectly fitting management and coaching team. Villa spent lots and their fans expect to qualify for Europe, if they keep performing like they are for the next couple of weeks watch the expectations change to negativity.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't expect victories. I don't expect defeats.  I sure as heck don't expect or want to admire opposition teams.  What I do expect is that fans accept the real situation - that the game starts 0-0 and we have it in us to win the game.  You can build up the opposition players as much as you like, but in my mind it is our players that need building up so as they can rise to the occasion and believe they can win the match.

Yeah, blah blah, what fans think doesn't affect the team on the pitch..WRONG..it does.  If a large part of the crowd are turning up in the hope of seeing a great Man City performance, then that is going to transmit to players.  We need belief in the stands, not this "ooh it's Man City we don't stand a chance" nonsense.

We can win and every mental effort should be put into believing that - and if a large part of the crowd can transmit THAT to the players, it will increase our chances.  Belief is a huge aspect of sport - by the looks of this thread some of our fans have given up that because it is Man City, but it shouldn't make any difference who it is - we can win it and should believe we can win it. 

Maybe it is beyond many people to do that, I don't know, but for sure, the more people that believe we can win the better.

To coin a phrase......where are you????

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I don't expect victories. I don't expect defeats.  I sure as heck don't expect or want to admire opposition teams.  What I do expect is that fans accept the real situation - that the game starts 0-0 and we have it in us to win the game.  You can build up the opposition players as much as you like, but in my mind it is our players that need building up so as they can rise to the occasion and believe they can win the match.

Yeah, blah blah, what fans think doesn't affect the team on the pitch..WRONG..it does.  If a large part of the crowd are turning up in the hope of seeing a great Man City performance, then that is going to transmit to players.  We need belief in the stands, not this "ooh it's Man City we don't stand a chance" nonsense.

We can win and every mental effort should be put into believing that - and if a large part of the crowd can transmit THAT to the players, it will increase our chances.  Belief is a huge aspect of sport - by the looks of this thread some of our fans have given up that because it is Man City, but it shouldn't make any difference who it is - we can win it and should believe we can win it. 

Maybe it is beyond many people to do that, I don't know, but for sure, the more people that believe we can win the better.

To coin a phrase......where are you???

Have you ever considered phoning James O'Brien at LBC to talk about Brexit? 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I don't expect victories. I don't expect defeats.  I sure as heck don't expect or want to admire opposition teams.  What I do expect is that fans accept the real situation - that the game starts 0-0 and we have it in us to win the game.  You can build up the opposition players as much as you like, but in my mind it is our players that need building up so as they can rise to the occasion and believe they can win the match.

Yeah, blah blah, what fans think doesn't affect the team on the pitch..WRONG..it does.  If a large part of the crowd are turning up in the hope of seeing a great Man City performance, then that is going to transmit to players.  We need belief in the stands, not this "ooh it's Man City we don't stand a chance" nonsense.

We can win and every mental effort should be put into believing that - and if a large part of the crowd can transmit THAT to the players, it will increase our chances.  Belief is a huge aspect of sport - by the looks of this thread some of our fans have given up that because it is Man City, but it shouldn't make any difference who it is - we can win it and should believe we can win it. 

Maybe it is beyond many people to do that, I don't know, but for sure, the more people that believe we can win the better.

To coin a phrase......where are you????

 

‘ And now you’re going believe us we’re going to win the league ‘

Where has anybody said there won’t be an electric atmosphere and the fans not believeing ?. Where has anyone said we are going to just go to see the amazing Man City side ? You are the only one being unrealistic and trying to create unreal expectations. If Villa lose their next couple of games watch how their fans will turn on their manager, that’s mainly because of fans like you within their ranks putting the expectations as Europe. Everybody I know this year has put their belief in what we have and to see if that works if not we go again. Suddenly we have people saying we are better than Man City and should be upset if we lose to them. Now if we were at home to Watford or Southampton this week I would be concerned if we lost but Man City ? Really ?

You should start campaigning for a European Super League then we can all be stopped from seeing these great players in real life, and enjoy watching the likes of Rotherham ( all due respect to Rotherham ) battle it out with the rest of us. You would also take away the chance for our players pitting their wits and skills against the best players in the world.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

To coin a phrase......where are you????

Remind me , what was the score in that game  Lakeyo?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Well b back said:

‘ And now you’re going believe us we’re going to win the league ‘

Where has anybody said there won’t be an electric atmosphere and the fans not believeing ?. Where has anyone said we are going to just go to see the amazing Man City side ? You are the only one being unrealistic and trying to create unreal expectations. If Villa lose their next couple of games watch how their fans will turn on their manager, that’s mainly because of fans like you within their ranks putting the expectations as Europe. Everybody I know this year has put their belief in what we have and to see if that works if not we go again. Suddenly we have people saying we are better than Man City and should be upset if we lose to them. Now if we were at home to Watford or Southampton this week I would be concerned if we lost but Man City ? Really ?

You should start campaigning for a European Super League then we can all be stopped from seeing these great players in real life, and enjoy watching the likes of Rotherham ( all due respect to Rotherham ) battle it out with the rest of us. You would also take away the chance for our players pitting their wits and skills against the best players in the world.

That is a total misrepresentation of what I am saying.  I am not raising expectations in the slightest - if I am raising anything it is the idea of having belief.  Believing you can win is different to expecting to win.  And I don't mean believing we can win in the sense that we should win, or that we will win, but that the belief we can win is there. Not in the sense that if luck is on our side, if MC have an off day.....but a genuine belief that we can win because we are in the same league as them. We are in the same league, aren't we?  

And it's not the sort of belief that if we lose a couple of games the manager's head will be called for either.  I really don't know why it's so difficult for some supporters to understand it - it is simply believing - a leap of faith if you like.  Perhaps people don't lkike doing that either - they would rather have the certainty of things, as in our place is amongst the minnows, MC's place is at the top and never the twain shall meet.....

It's a kind of religious belief if you like.....I believe in Norwich City, Delia Smith and Daniel Farke.....it served us well last season and will this........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

 

It's a kind of religious belief if you like.....I believe in Norwich City, Delia Smith and Daniel Farke.....it served us well last season and will this......

Do you really believe that your faith had anything to  do with our success last season  then you must be really good at bending spoons with the power of your mind. Ladies and gentlemen  I give you Lakeyo Geller.

Your faith was reinforced  by our success not the other way round, or are you really  the centre of everyone's  universe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing that your belief ran out just before we were promoted last season when it was blindingly obvious that we were going up...

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've told you before,

11 minutes ago, JF said:

Amazing that your belief ran out just before we were promoted last season when it was blindingly obvious that we were going up...

Of course I still had belief, I just didn't think it was blindingly obvious......and it wasn't, especially after Reading, Sheff Wed and Wigan, in fact if Leeds had got their act together, it would have been a three horse race and much closer for all of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So back on track I see Aguero and Silva are playing in the testimonial tonight. Guess they didn’t go away with their national teams and Pep is getting them tuned up rather than they won’t be playing Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I've told you before,

Of course I still had belief, I just didn't think it was blindingly obvious......and it wasn't, especially after Reading, Sheff Wed and Wigan, in fact if Leeds had got their act together, it would have been a three horse race and much closer for all of us.

So this team struggled against Reading, Sheffield Wednesday and Wigan but we are going to outplay Man City at their own game. Based on your opinions of us against Man City how on earth did you think we wouldn’t get promoted ? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Well b back said:

So this team struggled against Reading, Sheffield Wednesday and Wigan but we are going to outplay Man City at their own game. Based on your opinions of us against Man City how on earth did you think we wouldn’t get promoted ? 

Check mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The crazy Cumbrian will get the last laugh when he channels his inner belief and 'transmits' those supersonic laser atoms into our players on Saturday, because he has surely put his life savings on a Norwich win? 

Perhaps if we're all super positive tonight we can magic Zimmermann's injury better? Somebody bring the robes, Lake District Canary leads the chanting, I can't think of a better animal to sacrifice for this ritual than a horse. A Suffolk horse.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

That is a total misrepresentation of what I am saying.  I am not raising expectations in the slightest - if I am raising anything it is the idea of having belief.  Believing you can win is different to expecting to win.  And I don't mean believing we can win in the sense that we should win, or that we will win, but that the belief we can win is there. Not in the sense that if luck is on our side, if MC have an off day.....but a genuine belief that we can win because we are in the same league as them. We are in the same league, aren't we?  

And it's not the sort of belief that if we lose a couple of games the manager's head will be called for either.  I really don't know why it's so difficult for some supporters to understand it - it is simply believing - a leap of faith if you like.  Perhaps people don't lkike doing that either - they would rather have the certainty of things, as in our place is amongst the minnows, MC's place is at the top and never the twain shall meet.....

It's a kind of religious belief if you like.....I believe in Norwich City, Delia Smith and Daniel Farke.....it served us well last season and will this........

Trust you to make a whole f ucking thread about you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay I’ll try once... just one time.. if you see me having another attempt you’ll know you’ve lost me. Please report me if this happens and ensure I am forever banned from this nightmare.

This is exactly the same level of stupid as those blasted ‘key cog’ comments about Passlack last season. Truly ridiculous stuff LDC, though I’m sure you know it...

Losing to Man City would not under any circumstances be a ‘sickener’ and it definitely IS okay to lose to them. 

You are the first - and indeed sometimes the only (Hughton, RvW) - to come out with positives in times of bleakness, yet here you are, brandishing a defeat to Man City as completely unacceptable and a ‘sickener’. A sickener? Seriously??? If losing to this Man City team is a sickener, please do tell us what a loss against Newcastle would ranked as? ‘Worse than death’? ‘Demonstrably unthinkable’? What is the scale you are working at here? 

Let me guess... all defeats are ‘sickeners’ to you, all defeats are the same because every game starts at 0-0... and every team pitches eleven human beings against eleven other human beings blah blah blah... yes yes all that is true and yes, we are in the same league on paper, but if you look at every other variable of comparison before the players step out on to the pitch; you will see that in fact - we are very much not in the same league.. this team cost 32 times more than ours, and has amassed points in consecutive PL seasons at a rate that has previously been unseen. If you can’t fathom that such a team is more likely to beat us than other teams in this league, and that such a defeat would never be unacceptable - nor a ‘sickener’ (still just LOL at that) - then I think we should all just give up with you on a permanent basis when it comes to these kind of debates, just let your ridiculousness win forever.

No - this is not about us, this isn’t about how well we play on the day. We could play to the best of our capacities and still get beaten comfortably, there is no doubt about that. If Man City turn up and play to even their usual par-for-the-course standard, we will most likely get beaten - no matter how well we play. If Man City turn up and play to the best of their capabilities - we are truly in trouble and could be looking at a cricket score (with Smith batting...). There is simply no way we win this game without Man City having an off day imo. 

Now, I will be at the game on Saturday and I can confirm on behalf of all fans that we will still 100% be getting behind the players, supporting and encouraging - and dare I say it - even getting carried away and believing..! These comments have no bearing on how we will support the team during the match and you should accept that. 

There is nothing wrong with simply realising the task at hand and that is all we are doing. But in your head it would appear that there is nothing between climbing Ben Nevis and Everest. They’re both mountains aren’t they?

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whilst a defeat seems inevitable, the manner of such is important, so it isn't a total 'free hit' as some on here call it. We need some positives to take into the next game. A repeat of the West Ham performance will almost certainly see us slaughtered. We don't need a 5 or 6 nil drubbing on TV with the pundits tearing us to shreads, followed by MOTD doing the same.

A bit if fight and spirit, perhaps create a few chances and not gift Man City any goals will stand us in far better stead for Burnley. Even if we do lose it's important we give a good account of ourselves.

Unless Watford surprisingly beat Arsenal then at least we won't be bottom!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The crazy cumbrian will continue to be comfortable in his idea that football is an uncertain business where outcomes of matches are not pre-determined in advance.  Everyone has a chance to get points off Man City every week and this Saturday is no exception. That no-one has done it in recent times does not make it wrong to think we can do it. 

Yes, some of you are star struck and that is fine, if that is what you want to be, but every match this season - just like last - is there to get points from and saturday will be the same. 

It is definitely NOT ok to lose a match, whoever it is and there is so much to gain from getting points on Saturday - the confidence it will give the squad, the belief it will give fans (and some of them need it) - and yes we can all say after the match that in the scheme of things, it will not determine our season if we have lost......but we have not lost yet, the future has not been written and the chance to state our arrival at the top table with a vintage Farkeball performance is still there and put a spanner in the works of the stats boys and the pundits who like to have the proper order of things kept in place, with clubs like us as the cannon fodder and the top teams lording it over the rest.

I hope you get your wish - that you can admire Sterling scoring or creating lots of goals for Man City because they are such a wonderful team. Are you Norwich fans or just football fans?  I thought when you support a team that they are the only thing that matters. Silly me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Silly me

All that waffle,  and just two words would do.

Edited by wcorkcanary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

....but a genuine belief that we can win because we are in the same league as them. We are in the same league, aren't we?  

 

Only on paper. 

 

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I've told you before,

Of course I still had belief, I just didn't think it was blindingly obvious......and it wasn't, especially after Reading, Sheff Wed and Wigan, in fact if Leeds had got their act together, it would have been a three horse race and much closer for all of us.

I said we'd be promoted after Leeds, you were reigning in expectations with two games to go, yet this season you think we'll finish top four. 

If you want to be taken seriously, you need to explain your logic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, splendidrush said:

Only on paper. 

I said we'd be promoted after Leeds, you were reigning in expectations with two games to go, yet this season you think we'll finish top four. 

If you want to be taken seriously, you need to explain your logic. 

I've tried to explain it several times.  The issue is one of not deciding what is going to happen in advance of it happening.  In other words, not pre-judging what an outcome will be.  In that way it doesn't matter if you are chasing promotion or trying to avoid relegation - or playing Man City - if it  hasn't happened yet, why be so certain about the outcome? 

You can say that we will lose against Man City and that it doesn't matter because it is Man City - and that is prejudging both the result and the effect of the result.  My view is simple - you don't decide anything is certain until it has happened. So you don't decide we will lose on Saturday and you don't decide we will be promoted until it has happened.  You try and enjoy the process of the here and now rather than try and pin down something you think you are certain about. 

It's all getting a bit deep now, so I'll shut up, but it's a fairly simple idea - it's about trying to live in the moment rather than try and be certain about stuff that hasn't happened.  Daniel Farke is a bit of a philospher in his approach - a deep thinker  - and he mentioned the concept of "being in the moment" many times last season - and it works. 

So I don't think we are going to win or lose on Saturday, I am just going to wait and see. Same with promotion last season, I was neither nervous of not making it nor confident we would make it, but was just happy to wait and see. People interpreted it as nervousness, but it was not.  My reactions on here to both situations are just to try and point out that nothing is certain about results, nor how Sterling will play on Saturday or how we will deal with him. 

As for finishing 4th, that could still happen.  Not expecting it, not even thinking it is likely, but it could still happen if we adjust well to the level and get a bit of confidence and belief going, like we did last season. There is one thing that could kick start a run that would see us go up the table and  that is a result on Saturday.........

 

 

Edited by lake district canary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I've tried to explain it several times.  The issue is one of not deciding what is going to happen in advance of it happening.  In other words, not pre-judging what an outcome will be.  In that way it doesn't matter if you are chasing promotion or trying to avoid relegation - or playing Man City - if it  hasn't happened yet, why be so certain about the outcome? 

You can say that we will lose against Man City and that it doesn't matter because it is Man City - and that is prejudging both the result and the effect of the result.  My view is simple - you don't decide anything is certain until it has happened. So you don't decide we will lose on Saturday and you don't decide we will be promoted until it has happened.  You try and enjoy the process of the here and now rather than try and pin down something you think you are certain about. 

It's all getting a bit deep now, so I'll shut up, but it's a fairly simple idea - it's about trying to live in the moment rather than try and be certain about stuff that hasn't happened.  Daniel Farke is a bit of a philospher in his approach - a deep thinker  - and he mentioned the concept of "being in the moment" many times last season - and it works. 

So I don't think we are going to win or lose on Saturday, I am just going to wait and see. Same with promotion last season, I was neither nervous of not making it nor confident we would make it, but was just happy to wait and see. People interpreted it as nervousness, but it was not.  My reactions on here to both situations are just to try and point out that nothing is certain about results, nor how Sterling will play on Saturday or how we will deal with him. 

As for finishing 4th, that could still happen.  Not expecting it, not even thinking it is likely, but it could still happen if we adjust well to the level and get a bit of confidence and belief going, like we did last season. There is one thing that could kick start a run that would see us go up the table and  that is a result on Saturday.........

 

 

For someone who is going to shut up, you're taking your time over it. 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, lake district canary said:

The crazy cumbrian will continue to be comfortable in his idea that football is an uncertain business where outcomes of matches are not pre-determined in advance.  Everyone has a chance to get points off Man City every week and this Saturday is no exception. That no-one has done it in recent times does not make it wrong to think we can do it. 

Yes, some of you are star struck and that is fine, if that is what you want to be, but every match this season - just like last - is there to get points from and saturday will be the same. 

It is definitely NOT ok to lose a match, whoever it is and there is so much to gain from getting points on Saturday - the confidence it will give the squad, the belief it will give fan thiss (and some of them need it) - and yes we can all say after the match that in the scheme of things, it will not determine our season if we have lost......but we have not lost yet, the future has not been written and the chance to state our arrival at the top table with a vintage Farkeball performance is still there and put a spanner in the works of the stats boys and the pundits who like to have the proper order of things kept in place, with clubs like us as the cannon fodder and the top teams lording it over the rest.

I hope you get your wish - that you can admire Sterling scoring or creating lots of goals for Man City because they are such a wonderful team. Are you Norwich fans or just football fans?  I thought when you support a team that they are the only thing that matters. Silly me.

 

You were literally Hughton's biggest fan and yet he'd hold a press conference to wax lyrical about opposition players, talk about how tough it will be and then try and defend all game. 

Now you are criticising fans for your pointing out that Sterling is a bit good and advocating that we take the game to them. 

You've got no credibility, your position is always just to go against the grain on here to establish yourself as the one with the minority view. Just for attention, possibly because your wife and dog don't give you enough. 

At least Adrian Durham gets well paid to talk crap all day. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are four things about this game that give us a chance to achieve something points-wise, even if it's just the one.

1. It's football and anything can happen at times.

2. The law of averages which suggests that Manchester City have to lose a league game again/every now and then/sometimes.

3. Lady Luck sometimes favours the underdogs.

4. The LDC upbeat approach, which has some, if scant merit.

Because of these considerations I, rather optimistically and using the Fink Tank approach, allocate the following;

NCFC win: 2%

Draw: 8%

Visitors to win: 90%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, lake district canary said:

As for finishing 4th, that could still happen. 

It could, but there's more chance of Jacob Rees-Mogg opening a food bank in Hartlepool. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

Because of these considerations I, rather optimistically and using the Fink Tank approach, allocate the following;

NCFC win: 2%

Draw: 8%

Visitors to win: 90%

Because I'm interested in this kind of thing Broadstairs - the current implied % chance of the outcomes from Betfair (the most accurate guide) are:

NCFC win: 4.65 %

Draw: 10.2 %

Man City win: 85.1 % 

(So you're actually a little on the pessimistic side 😉 ) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You were literally Hughton's biggest fan and yet he'd hold a press conference to wax lyrical about opposition players, talk about how tough it will be and then try and defend all game. 

Now you are criticising fans for your pointing out that Sterling is a bit good and advocating that we take the game to them. 

You've got no credibility, your position is always just to go against the grain on here to establish yourself as the one with the minority view. Just for attention, possibly because your wife and dog don't give you enough. 

At least Adrian Durham gets well paid to talk crap all day. 

In most of his opinions, he criticises other fans (many who turn up every week, which he doesn't).

He is someone who gets off sitting on the moral high ground and lecturing others why they are wrong. Self-righteousness at its best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, lake district canary said:

The crazy cumbrian will continue to be comfortable in his idea that football is an uncertain business where outcomes of matches are not pre-determined in advance.  Everyone has a chance to get points off Man City every week and this Saturday is no exception. That no-one has done it in recent times does not make it wrong to think we can do it. 

Yes, some of you are star struck and that is fine, if that is what you want to be, but every match this season - just like last - is there to get points from and saturday will be the same. 

It is definitely NOT ok to lose a match, whoever it is and there is so much to gain from getting points on Saturday - the confidence it will give the squad, the belief it will give fans (and some of them need it) - and yes we can all say after the match that in the scheme of things, it will not determine our season if we have lost......but we have not lost yet, the future has not been written and the chance to state our arrival at the top table with a vintage Farkeball performance is still there and put a spanner in the works of the stats boys and the pundits who like to have the proper order of things kept in place, with clubs like us as the cannon fodder and the top teams lording it over the rest.

I hope you get your wish - that you can admire Sterling scoring or creating lots of goals for Man City because they are such a wonderful team. Are you Norwich fans or just football fans?  I thought when you support a team that they are the only thing that matters. Silly me.

 

And feel free to point out where anyone has said that. All your ridiculous expectations of failure if we lose will bring the Farke out brigade back to Carrow Road. All I asked was how we are going to stop a world class player and pointed out it was great to see the best players in the world at FCR. Your response - We will keep the ball from Man City as we do it better than them.

So I have to agree silly suggestion. You have completely taken away from a thread the way we will deal this year with the likes of Sterling and placed your own agenda, an agenda that even Farke and Webber have openly disagreed with. 6 or 7 games ago you were suggesting we would lose to Blackburn and Villa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact Man City's likely centre back pairing will be Fernandinho and Otamendi maybe increases our chances marginally. Hopeful of at least scoring. But winning? Hmmmmm…..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×