Well b back

Raheem Sterling

46 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Zola never played for Arsenal šŸ˜³

Yep, mixing up my matches. Shows my mentality though - I don't give a fig for the opposition, who they are or how big they are. They are there to be beaten, there to be made to look ordinary and there for one reason - for our team to rise to the challengeĀ on each and every occasion. It's about us, not them.

What was the point of getting promoted LDC ?. If this squad was as planned playing to win the championship this year we would rip it apart and your wish would come true with us winning every week. We got promoted a year early and now our players have to prove they are the equal of the mega stars we are playing against. Some of them such as Maddison previously will prove this with us ( Maddison has done that with Leicester ). However to then become that superstar they wonā€™t be doing it with NCFC, thatā€™s the way of football these days. Thatā€™s not to say we are a small club but we are nearer the bottom of the pecking order. Even players like Progba will see Real Madrid or possibly Man City as a move up. The superstars are paid enormous amounts of money, would you feel for instance that if Aaronā€™s gets the opportunity to move to the next level say Spurs he should turn down 70-80k per week and the chance to become an England full back ?

The only way to see these superstars in real life is to either be in the top league or go to international matches. Maybe you are hoping for a European League where we as Norwich supporters will never be able to see these players in real life. What will then happen is the money will disappear as will any decent player. Beating these teams is a great challenge and you need so much to go right on the day, usually involving a huge chunk of luck.Ā 

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I can't agree with the second part of that.Ā  I don't care if it is a Portsmouth, a Leeds or a Man City that does well against us, I don't want to see it.Ā Ā  You can marvel at the odd goal - such as Fostieri's last season, but generally it is totally foreign to me think of marvelling at any team playing us off the pitch, however good they are.Ā 

Losing on Saturday would be a real sickener and even worse if they play us off the park in the process. I will be looking to see us play well and forcing Man City to look more ordinary than usual, showing that through our good play we have made them look a bit more ordinary.Ā 

The very last thing I want to see or experience as a Norwich supporter is a top team doing well, however good they are. I want to see a 2-0 against Man Utd (2004) type performance where their star players look out of sorts and we capitalise. We did reasonably well against Chelsea up to half time, but it was a real blow to see them dominate the second half. So I will marvel at Man City everywhere they go and I'll watch their superb play on MOTD or whatever, but if they come to CR, whether they beat us or not, I do not want to see them playing well at all.

I don't want to see it either, but it's kind of out of my hands. All I'm saying is that if Citeh play at their peak and do destroy us, you've just got to doff your cap and accept that they're one of the best teams ever to have competed in this league. Whatever happens against Citeh, I doubt it will be as galling as watching the no-show against a fair-to-middling West Ham side a couple of weeks ago.

Of course we all want to see a performance where we nullify their stars and win 2-0... what Norwich fan could possibly disagree with that? If it doesn't happen, though, it's a shame you can't find it within yourself to appreciate the quality of the football you've witnessed.

Edited by Feedthewolf
Typo
  • Like 1

And back to my original point LDC how will we stop Sterling on Saturday ? He ( with Berkeley ) destroyed Kosovo and Bulgaria. Without him I doubt we would have won last night. You say Kosovo did not press high and we will. According to the experts ( and my personal view ) they pressed far to high and as soon the first shield was bypassed Sterling, Berkeley and Sancho had the space to tear them apart.

Beleive me Man City are a lot better than England. Thatā€™s not being negative and building up City itā€™s setting goals for our players. If we stop Sterling then we can stop anybody.

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Losing on Saturday would be a real sickener and even worse if they play us off the park in the process.

Brace yourself Rodney.

14 hours ago, lake district canary said:

The only player I shall be looking forward to seeing us play against this season is Maddison and then I will hope we are playing so well, his influence can be limited. The rest of them are not worthy of extra attention because the aim is to snuff them out of the game, so any exceptional player that turns up at CR will hopefully not show their full worth.

I'd have thought you'd have a soft spot too for Angus Gunn and Nathan Redmond who has improved in leaps and bounds, although possibly not for Bob Snodgrass šŸ˜‰

Someone mentioned the ' Invincibles " Arsenal team of 2004/05. I was lucky enough to be at Carrow Rd for the 1-4 game and it was like watching football from another planet. Thierry Henry was majestic and it must rank as one of the best losing matches ever seen at Carrow Rd.

Of course all geniune City fans want to see us win on Saturday but most are realistic enough to accept that they're more likely to see a comprehensive defeat instead. It's no good beating ourselves up about that as teams like that are also on another planet.

It's the following games where we should be disappointed if the results don't come.

Realists would argue Manchester City will comfortably beat us; saying it doesn't make you a pessimist or any less of a fan. I think we'll lose, but in the process I will very much look forward to watching the world class players and football that they play - at their best they are sensational. I want Norwich to always be up against the best, in the Premier League, but you have to accept there are teams that are a several classes above us, accept it, and enjoy it for what it is.

Sterling and City will batter many teams this season, and it's no disgrace, as long as we make a good account of ourselves and play the brilliant football we have been accustomed to.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I can't agree with the second part of that.Ā  I don't care if it is a Portsmouth, a Leeds or a Man City that does well against us, I don't want to see it.Ā Ā  You can marvel at the odd goal - such as Fostieri's last season, but generally it is totally foreign to me think of marvelling at any team playing us off the pitch, however good they are.Ā 

Losing on Saturday would be a real sickener and even worse if they play us off the park in the process. I will be looking to see us play well and forcing Man City to look more ordinary than usual, showing that through our good play we have made them look a bit more ordinary.Ā 

The very last thing I want to see or experience as a Norwich supporter is a top team doing well, however good they are. I want to see a 2-0 against Man Utd (2004) type performance where their star players look out of sorts and we capitalise. We did reasonably well against Chelsea up to half time, but it was a real blow to see them dominate the second half. So I will marvel at Man City everywhere they go and I'll watch their superb play on MOTD or whatever, but if they come to CR, whether they beat us or not, I do not want to see them playing well at all.

No it won't.Ā 

What we don't want on Saturday is a backlash from our fans if we lose by 3 or 4.Ā  I really hope we get the same sort of reaction after the game as we did for the Stoke defeat last season.

When we were promoted under Lambert we lost 5-1 and 6-1 against them and I was there for the 5-1 defeat and we got a goal back at 3-0 down and were going for the draw, also more recently I saw them thrash us 7-0, in both those games the Norwich fans stayed loyal with their support so I hope for no different on Saturday.

Ā 

Knowing results like this are possible made it all the sweeter when we beat them 3-2 at their place under Hughton in an extraordinary game, I'll never forget turning our backs and doing the Poznan at the Etihad !!

1 hour ago, Hoola Han Solo said:
5 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Losing on Saturday would be a real sickener

No it won't.Ā 

I really think some of you have no idea at all. Every defeat is a real disappointment - it doesn't matter who it is against. I take it you will all be doffing your cap and bowing when you see the Man City team come on to the pitch.Ā  Stuff them, they are the opposition and we should show them no respect, barrack them, give them stick, get in their faces and make the place as hostile to them as possible.

Perhaps fans have gone soft since I used to go regularly.......it's Man City so it's ok to lose?Ā  You're having a giraffe.....

Ā 

Ā 

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I really think some of you have no idea at all. Every defeat is a real disappointment - it doesn't matter who it is against. I take it you will all be doffing your cap and bowing when you see the Man City team come on to the pitch.Ā  Stuff them, they are the opposition and we should show them no respect, barrack them, give them stick, get in their faces and make the place as hostile to them as possible.

Perhaps fans have gone soft since I used to go regularly.......it's Man City so it's ok to lose?Ā  You're having a giraffe.....

Ā 

Ā 

Well done for starting off condescending, and then twisting what many have said on here.

"it's Man City so it's ok to lose?" - well, yes, it actually is. They're one of the best sides in English history, and many sides better than Norwich City will get beaten by them.

Do you actually believe the b ollocks you write?

Ā 

6 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

"it's Man City so it's ok to lose?" - well, yes, it actually is.

I literally can't believe that attitude. It's not ok to lose to anyone and you know it, but if you really think that, I am sorry for you and any other fan that thinks the same.Ā  It's a cop out kind of attitude to think that.Ā 

Everyone can understand being beaten by a better team, it happens, but to be beaten mentally before the match and say it will be ok to lose is a bit sad imo.Ā  Where is the fight, the determination, the belief, the gumption?Ā 

But no, it's "it's ok, they're better than us, it's ok to lose".Ā 

Pathetic.

Ā 

I went to the FA Cup replay against Chelsea the season before last. I went crazy like we all did when Jamal scored the late equaliser. I was desperately hoping that we would pull off a shock result and knock them out.

But when Eden Hazard came on for the last 20 minutes,Ā it was wonderful to see a player dribbling through our players with pace and skill-probably the most skilful player I have seen.

If you canā€™t appreciate the skill of the opposition you arenā€™t a football fan.

23 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I literally can't believe that attitude. It's not ok to lose to anyone and you know it, but if you really think that, I am sorry for you and any other fan that thinks the same.Ā  It's a cop out kind of attitude to think that.Ā 

Everyone can understand being beaten by a better team, it happens, but to be beaten mentally before the match and say it will be ok to lose is a bit sad imo.Ā  Where is the fight, the determination, the belief, the gumption?Ā 

Pathetic.

Ā 

I bet if you polled most Norwich (or football fans for that matter) if it's OK to lose against City, the majority would probably be accepting.

Do I want to lose? No. Do I think we will lose? Yes. Is is wrong thinking that? No. A bit like challenging Usain Bolt to a 100m race: you really want to beat him, but you realistically know you probably won't. Being realistic isn't accepting defeat with open arms.

But please do pompously lecture me why I and many others on this thread are wrong.

• Like 1

LDC I am so glad everyone does not have your attitude to this. You are encouraging people to think that losing to Man City is a real bad thing in our season. If many have this expectationĀ instead of being realists the calls for Farke out will start a lot early than you think. Even Webber has told us enjoy the ride, stick together and enjoy the ride, it will be ok to lose in this league.

Please remember some of your postings from this thread as if the Farke out chants start after a run of defeats it will be no good you then saying results donā€™t matter it is the way we play to defend him.

After beating Newcastle it was always that our real season would start at Burnley. I for one will give Farke 100 % support whatever happens this year. Building peopleā€™s expectations up is encouraging a backlash at each bad run.

And you still havenā€™t answered my original post - HOW ARE WE GOING TO STOP STERLING. I guess it might be done for us by Pep as he has just played 2 gruelling games so maybe rested. Scary thought is that will see Mahrez or Sane instead.

3 minutes ago, Well b back said:

LDC I am so glad everyone does not have your attitude to this. You are encouraging people to think that losing to Man City is a real bad thing in our season. If many have this expectationĀ instead of being realists the calls for Farke out will start a lot early than you think. Even Webber has told us enjoy the ride, stick together and enjoy the ride, it will be ok to lose in this league.

Please remember some of your postings from this thread as if the Farke out chants start after a run of defeats it will be no good you then saying results donā€™t matter it is the way we play to defend him.

After beating Newcastle it was always that our real season would start at Burnley. I for one will give Farke 100 % support whatever happens this year. Building peopleā€™s expectations up is encouraging a backlash at each bad run.

And you still havenā€™t answered my original post - HOW ARE WE GOING TO STOP STERLING. I guess it might be done for us by Pep as he has just played 2 gruelling games so maybe rested. Scary thought is that will see Mahrez or Sane instead.

Sane is out for most of the season, so thankfully we won't be facing him.

40 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Pathetic.

Ā 

As I said before rather than berate fellow Norwich supporters for having a differing view, put your money where your mouth is and stick Ā£50 on the "significant" chance (your word) of us beating Man City.Ā  Bet 365 offering 14/1. You are so confident - will be like taking candy from a baby.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

Just now, Hoola Han Solo said:

Sane is out for most of the season, so thankfully we won't be facing him.

Thatā€™s one less thing to worry about lol

Ā 

2 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

As I said before rather than berate fellow Norwich supporters for having a differing view, put your money where your mouth is and stick Ā£50 on the "significant" chance (your word) of us beating Man City.Ā  Bet 365 offering 14/1. You are so confident - will be like taking candy from a baby.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I will help you more LDC with Ladbrokes, Betfair and Coral we are 18/1 ( might have a couple of quid at that price lol ).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

If you canā€™t appreciate the skill of the opposition you arenā€™t a football fan.

I can appreciate it when they are playing someone else, but not when it is against us.Ā  A great goal is a great goal, such as Fostieri's last season and we can all applaud that, but if I see a player such as Hazard starting to dribble, then my only instinct is "stop him", not "ooh look at that wonderful player"!Ā Ā 

47 minutes ago, Well b back said:

And you still havenā€™t answered my original post - HOW ARE WE GOING TO STOP STERLING.

I did answer it - it is clear how you stop him - you keep the ball, keep possession and keep Sterling and de Bruyne's opportunities down to a minimum.

Man City had four 1-0 matches against lower opposition last season, so they are not always free scoring....it is up to us to make them work for it and at 0-0, it is ours to do well in and make sure we don't give them too many chances to get their expansive game going.

Ā 

Ā 

GPB - I don't often bet, but will have a few quid on the match, as I sometimes do in these kind of matches. A 1-0 or even 2-0 naming the leading scorer as the first goalscorer has worked for me several times over the years against big opposition.

1-0 Pukki is 90-1

2-0 Pukki first goal is 200-1

In most other games these would be mad odds. But if we play well and keep in the game at 0-0, the odds of this kind of result increases as the match progresses.Ā  Man City's run of undefeatedness will end sooner or later and a team with the belief they can win it, will catch them out one day, hopefully this Saturday.Ā 

Ā 

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Pathetic.

Ā 

What is pathetic is that you consistently seem to think that what fans think or what you think has any bearing in what will happen on the pitch. It matters not a **** if the fans have this attitude so stop banging on about it

16 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

GPB - I don't often bet, but will have a few quid on the match, as I sometimes do in these kind of matches. A 1-0 or even 2-0 naming the leading scorer as the first goalscorer has worked for me several times over the years against big opposition.

1-0 Pukki is 90-1

2-0 Pukki first goal is 200-1

In most other games these would be mad odds. But if we play well and keep in the game at 0-0, the odds of this kind of result increases as the match progresses.Ā  Man City's run of undefeatedness will end sooner or later and a team with the belief they can win it, will catch them out one day, hopefully this Saturday.Ā 

Ā 

You see , that's more like it LDC. AĀ genuine opinion. Not calling others pathetic, but instead suggesting that you might have a punt and if you do , good on you. Personally i think you are bonkers but like you , when I bet I do try and find some value because my stakes aren't very high.Ā 

Ā 

If we do win , and you have had a bet, I'll send you something fizzy to help you celebrate! In fact if we win 2.0 I might jog up to the Lake District and deliver it personallyĀ šŸ˜€

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I can appreciate it when they are playing someone else, but not when it is against us.Ā  A great goal is a great goal, such as Fostieri's last season and we can all applaud that, but if I see a player such as Hazard starting to dribble, then my only instinct is "stop him", not "ooh look at that wonderful player"!Ā Ā 

I did answer it - it is clear how you stop him - you keep the ball, keep possession and keep Sterling and de Bruyne's opportunities down to a minimum.

Man City had four 1-0 matches against lower opposition last season, so they are not always free scoring....it is up to us to make them work for it and at 0-0, it is ours to do well in and make sure we don't give them too many chances to get their expansive game going.

Ā 

Ā 

Good god! How the hell are we going to starve Man City of the ball and dominate possession? You canā€™t believe this nonsense that you write? Iā€™ll have some of whatever medicinal herb youā€™re taking!Ā 

21 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Man City's run of undefeatedness...

Wouldn't "Man City's undefeated run" sound better? šŸ¤£

Lakeyo named inĀ  new years honours list as theĀ  FirstĀ Lord of Pi$$ing into the Wind. The Queen stated that this unique award was presented as recognitionĀ  for his refusal to acceptĀ  what is generally regarded asĀ  common knowledge.Ā 

He will also be mentioned in despatchesĀ  for his theoryĀ  thatĀ  the SunĀ may not rise one day, even though it does, every day, without fail.

Edited by wcorkcanary

2 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

Wouldn't "Man City's undefeated run" sound better? šŸ¤£

When have you ever known LDC to use fewer words than he needs to?