Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

Passing, one touch football, how about mark bowen for manager?

Bowen of the supreme silky skills, absolute top class as left back for city.   Could he be a classy manager as well? If you want to see passing football again at city, and the manager''s job becomes available in the summer, get bowen here pronto.as a coach under curbishly, was it a coincidence that charlton played great passing football to get back into the prem?  as assistant to steve bruce, birmingham began to look a force to be reckoned with, and is it again coincidence that since he left they have been in decline ever since, even though bruce has spent mega bucks?  I saw blackburn playing man u tonight, and they played good passing football, building from the back and sometimes even one touch stuff.  much better this season, this doesn''t look like the clogging physical team of last year - its bowens stamp on blackburn not hughes in my opinion. bowens been deputy at 2 clubs with 5 years prem experience, but is unlikely to get managers job at another prem team, but he might be persuaded down a league (assuming worthy doesn''t get city promoted) if he got the managers job.yes or no?

Good suggestion LGT and he may like to bring in one or two of his old team mates.

I have to say I admire the way Blackburn scratched and bit their way out of trouble, did the necessary dull stuff and now get stuck into anyone.

Indeed LGT, you make a good case for him, but, and this is the BUT, we have a board who thinks Nigel Worthington is still a good manager.

If Bowen wanted a job with us, which would be an attractive one if he were in charge, first the board needs convincing we need a change.

There are plenty of managers out there, including some currently in this league who would jump at the chance of managing our club, seeing the security levels afforded to the man in charge. 

having suggested Bowen before christmas I still think he would be an excellent choice. He fits the profile that the board would like too, ie inexperianced and therefore cost effective. He would bring a hunger to suceed with this being the first managerial post.

[quote user="ROSSI 46"]i still think crook, but bowen and culverhouse would make great back up staff[/quote]

If only those three could come back and do their stuff on the pitch.  To think of their current day replacements shows you just how far we have sunk.

Bowen was my fave player as a youngster!!  I still have his name on the back of my ''green flecky'' kit.

"Word of Warning" - sometimes those who are coach''s do not make the best managers...  Id love to see him at the club tho

For me its gotta be Mike Newell - doing an outstanding job with no money down the road at luton (Burley was picked up from colchester)

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

Bowen was my fave player as a youngster!!  I still have his name on the back of my ''green flecky'' kit.

"Word of Warning" - sometimes those who are coach''s do not make the best managers...  Id love to see him at the club tho

For me its gotta be Mike Newell - doing an outstanding job with no money down the road at luton (Burley was picked up from colchester)

[/quote]mine too.  he has so much talent, he had the time to make the game look simple, always the sign of a good player. he had an aura about him. drury is a very good player, but if he''s the milk, bowen would be the cream for me.  luton pass, battle and play well to win, newell could do a good job anywhere i reckon.

I really think Bowen would be a good gamble to take when the board finally sack Worthington.  He has a good record as an assistant and it can''t be any coincidence that he''s gone to Blackburn and they are sitting in their highest position for years.  Look at Bothroyd and how well he has done.  We could do a lot worse

after watching ipswich pass the ball around yesterday it was a real joy to watch and made me realise what we''re missing at carra rd.  if worthy goes, i think bowen could be an ideal replacement.i''m certain bowen could get us passing sweetly and be successful, given his classy pedigree and prem coaching experience.  bring the boyo here sharpish - watch us rise and blackburn sink, just like the brum and charlton.

Didn''t you hear Worthy''s post match comments? We are going to improve results ''by passing.''

Unfortunately he meant ''bypassing'' the midfield with the over use of the long ball.

That''s the first suggestion for manager that has really impressed me. Got to be worth a go. Certainly his experience looks a better bet than Crooky''s - I''d go for Bowen as boss, Crook as coach. Reckon Crooky could teach Hoooze to pass?