Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Godfrey u21 captain?

I think the plan would be to be involved in their first team XI, considering the existing centre backs. £60 million would be very wide of the mark IMO.

23 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

I think the plan would be to be involved in their first team XI, considering the existing centre backs. £60 million would be very wide of the mark IMO.

If we can keep hold of him until next summer, and if he has a good season, and if he makes his England debut in the meantime, and if we stay up this season, we might just about get £60m. That's an awful lot of ifs, though.

• Like 1

That’s why I said Man Utd, they have lots of money, they just spent 80 mil on McGuire, they know they are underperforming and will see a Godfrey who is a rising star as just the kind of player they used to buy. 

I don’t want us to lose him, but I’d take 60 mil.

On 09/09/2019 at 12:50, TIL 1010 said:

A great honour for Ben if it is true but bad news for us as the Big Boy vultures may swoop in January and as we know a sizeable offer will be hard to resist. Well let's be honest he would be gone unfortunately to help the self funding with no ambition model.

Honestly, some people will take ANY subject and make it a negative in some way.

You must be one of the irritating guys who sit behind me who NEVER have a good word to say about anything. Even the Newcastle game they weren't happy.

Never knew I sat so close to you Til.

What's the point, really?

5 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Honestly, some people will take ANY subject and make it a negative in some way.

You must be one of the irritating guys who sit behind me who NEVER have a good word to say about anything. Even the Newcastle game they weren't happy.

Never knew I sat so close to you Til.

What's the point, really?

It's an opinion based on previous history with regard to NCFC. if you seriously think we would turn down a big offer you are deluded.

Where do you sit by the way ?

Edited by TIL 1010

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

It's an opinion based on previous history with regard to NCFC. if you seriously think we would turn down a big offer you are deluded.

Where do you sit by the way ?

And yet you managed to crow bar that pessimism and negativity it into Godfrey captianing his country. Well done.

On 09/09/2019 at 13:19, hogesar said:

Bringing in Stuart Webber from a rival club on a big salary and head hunting a foreign head coach, implementing a style of play and completely changing the training ground complex and facilities alongside making some great signings isnt showing ambition?

Out of interest, which clubs are showing the level of ambition you desire? Clubs of a similar size of course. And then how many are not?

But apart from that, what have the Romans ever done for us? 😄

8 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

And yet you managed to crow bar that pessimism and negativity it into Godfrey captianing his country. Well done.

You call it pessimism and negativity but i will call it reality.

12 hours ago, hogesar said:

Phew, not just me then..

How about that pint on Saturday as it was you after all that threw out the invitation or as i suspect rather than that you will continue to snipe away on a keyboard ? Just say where and what time.

52 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

How about that pint on Saturday as it was you after all that threw out the invitation or as i suspect rather than that you will continue to snipe away on a keyboard ? Just say where and what time.

How about the First Dates hotel?

• Haha 2

So, back on topic.....

Godfrey is a fine player, but in all honesty he does still have some way to go to be considered a starter for a top 6 club or for England. I have no doubt he can get there as his rate of progress is very fast, but he is still making errors which lead to goals, mainly in a positional sense. He is potentially an England centre half, but Southgate won't pick him while he's with Norwich - it just won't happen.

The same is true of Aarons. Defensively he makes far too many errors to be in the Alexander-Arnold or Wan-Bissaka class yet. Again though, his rate of progress is phenomenal. Again, he will need to move to get a shot at an England shirt.

In all of this, we seem to have bypassed Lewis - who is, in my opinion, a more complete player than both of them - a great shame he's not English as that side of the defence needs him. 

And then of course there is Cantwell, improving so rapidly it's unbelievable and close behind him, Adam Idah.

Looking forward to seeing them up against a world class team on Saturday - let's see what they learned from their Anfield experience.

Having watched 2 games worth of MaGuire and Keane, they are very ordinary and BG isn't far behind them in my opinion. Godfrey was straight into the U21s AS CAPTAIN, that's how much regard the England setup already have in him. It's only a matter of time before Ben gets the big call up. 

4 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Possibly, depends what time I get into the city. Where will you be pre-match?

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

Possibly, depends what time I get into the city. Where will you be pre-match?

As i have told you before Edith Cavell on Tombland .

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

As i have told you before Edith Cavell on Tombland .

Sorry, thought there was a possibility you may change it up but that was silly of me to think, no surprise for you to be stuck in your ways.😉

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Sorry, thought there was a possibility you may change it up but that was silly of me to think, no surprise for you to be stuck in your ways.😉

Well you tell me where to be then and what time just stop swerving around this with non committal answers. You asked where i will be before the game and i told you. The best you have come up with so far is possibly,depends and where will i be pre-match.

Silly of me of course to drink in one of the more decent pubs in the city with good beer and food, decent crowd of punters and pleasant staff all within a ten minute walk of the ground.

Edited by TIL 1010

12 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Well you tell me where to be then and what time just stop swerving around this with non committal answers. You asked where i will be before the game and i told you. The best you have come up with so far is possibly,depends and where will i be pre-match.

Silly of me of course to drink in one of the more decent pubs in the city with good beer and food, decent crowd of punters and pleasant staff all within a ten minute walk of the ground.

A ten-minute walk? You must have long legs... 🙂

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

The long legs of the law? Doesn't sound quite right. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

When I read it I thought, I must be getting old, no way could I do that in 10 minutes, even 3 lungs would struggle. 

After today's performance I guess Guardiola will he quickly on the phone. £100m please. Better than the current England CHs and better than Stones and Otamendi.

• Like 1