Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

My Norwich City Story - Chris Sutton

Got to say I thought this was great, with many interesting insights and revelations from Chris. Fair play to him, he owns up to being a bit of a big head when he was younger, and you can understand it, but I thought he came across brilliantly actually, and my modern day perception of him has changed. I know there’s been some grumbles about him regarding his punditry etc, but I think once you’ve watched this then I think you’ll see more of the Chris Sutton the man rather than the pundit. Does go to show how much money has changed in the game when you hear about what he got paid for his goal bonus under his new improved contract - half of you lot wouldn’t get out of bed in the morning for that haha 😉

Yes, enjoyed it as well-looks like it was one of the last things Michael Bailey did for Archant before he moved to the Athletic.

Sutton suggested Lee Power for a future instalment, given what he has done outside playing, that would be interesting.

Who else would be worth an episode?

Martin Peters for me although, sadly, he is, as I understand it, rather poorly.

Andy Townsend, Tim Sherwood and Chris Woods too.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Old Shuck said:

Yes, enjoyed it as well-looks like it was one of the last things Michael Bailey did for Archant before he moved to the Athletic.

Sutton suggested Lee Power for a future instalment, given what he has done outside playing, that would be interesting.

Darren Huckerby for me, funny and honest bloke, I think there’s a lot more he could still tell us. Or perhaps someone from the Lambert era. As for Chris Sutton, I like that he was actually prepared to answer ‘who don’t you miss?’ - I think everyone’s evaded that question so far. I’ll put money on us all knowing Huck’s answer to this already... 🏞 🚣‍♂️🦌

• Like 1

It's an odd one this. Chris Sutton is one of our own but he rarely gets that label. I think fans are generally a bit distant from him. I don't know why. He was a top player for us during a very successful period. This video was great. Maybe we will take him to our hearts a bit more. He deserves that. Huckerby and co enjoy that.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Old Shuck said:

Not for me Clive. 😀

There were some 'interesting' stories going around at the time about the antics that Sutton, Fox & Power got up to. I'd say the story about catching a pig was probably one of the few that he could tell.

22 hours ago, Old Shuck said:

Andy Townsend hasn’t said a good word about us since he left

5 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Andy Townsend hasn’t said a good word about us since he left

That's why I want them to get him next. See what he has to say and answer the claim that he has dismissed us from his CV.

2 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Id like to hear from Simon Lappin. I want to know why Roeder decided to treat him the way he did

Shouldn't that question go to Roeder?

3 hours ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Glenn Roeder: My Norwich City Story.

Expect fireworks...

Glenn Roeder - ‘My Tenure As England Manager Story’