Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

What's wrong in britain

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

Kill off all them damn pests and old folk.

The pests are ok, they'll pull through. 👍🤣

Apples

When you see a famous name trending on Twitter you normally fear the worst and hope that nothing bad has happened to them.

Farage and Hopkins trending is proof that sometimes the complete opposite applies.😀

• Haha 1

Anything in particular you don't like about Essex? I lived there for 10 years, it's got good and bad points like most places, but overall I had a good time there

Its probably a nice place but Mrs KG has been watching a series about some ugly, porky blonde called Gemma Collins who is from Essex. And I just thought if she is the best they have, the county needs concreting over.

• Haha 2

Bosses of Britain's leading firms will be paid more within three working days of 2020 than the average employees' annual wage, according to research.

FTSE 100 chief executives starting work on 2 January will by 17:00 GMT on Monday have earned above the average wage of £29,559, the report says.

Victoria Derbyshire claiming outrage at losing her job and all the luvvies rallying round also crying outrage while 450 others are losing their less than lucrative jobs and will no doubt sign on.

On 27/01/2020 at 16:16, keelansgrandad said:

None of the companies involved in the refurbishment of Grenfell Tower has accepted responsibility for the deadly fire, an inquiry has heard.

They're all trying to get guarantees that what they say in the inquiry can't be used against them in future.🤨

1 hour ago, Herman said:

They're all trying to get guarantees that what they say in the inquiry can't be used against them in future.🤨

The problem is that there will no doubt be an uninformed kangaroo 'trial by media'. The truth will also be a political football. If you doubt me see the 'blame' the firefighters received in trying to deal with an almost unprecedented situation.

No. Any company in that situation where there will always be comment or emails that can be taken out of context - let alone any questions of fire safety measures being circumvented elsewhere but politically unpalatable will look not unreasonably to protect itself.

I want the whole truth even if it hurts but it may just not be what every body wants to believe. An open mind.

Edited by Yellow Fever

Love Island. 

The only way anybody wins that show is if we get all the contests gathered around the pool and shell them with tanks. That way society wins.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

The problem is that there will no doubt be an uninformed kangaroo 'trial by media'. The truth will also be a political football. If you doubt me see the 'blame' the firefighters received in trying to deal with an almost unprecedented situation.

No. Any company in that situation where there will always be comment or emails that can be taken out of context - let alone any questions of fire safety measures being circumvented elsewhere but politically unpalatable will look not unreasonably to protect itself.

I want the whole truth even if it hurts but it may just not be what every body wants to believe. An open mind.

👍

Fair points.

There is a genuine fear of a cover up and that coupled with a righteous anger has lead to a clear "guilty before proven innocent" mindset, myself included.

Not enough or too much? 

I have always believed in meritocracy. I know life isn't fair and probably never will be, but I believe that hard work, talent, humility, social skills are far more important and far more relevant than mere selection for a reason. Then things would be a bit fairer in life.

On 03/02/2020 at 10:16, keelansgrandad said:

Not enough or too much? 

I have always believed in meritocracy. I know life isn't fair and probably never will be, but I believe that hard work, talent, humility, social skills are far more important and far more relevant than mere selection for a reason. Then things would be a bit fairer in life.

Thanks for clearing that one up.