Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Bethnal

You seem to know a lot about football (genuinely).

If there is anybody else with a lot of knowledge of continental football then please do contribute too. 

Can you tell us less well informed folk or those that only pay attention to the domestic game whether any of these free agent centre backs could possibly do a job at this level without disgracing themselves? 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=3&land_id=alle&altersklasse=&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=alle&yt0=Show

I’m not sure that any of them can - wasn’t there a story earlier today/yesterday saying we have named our squad including the maximum number of foreign players possible?

Ah, didn't realise that. Well that limits us then. I think Djourou counts as homegrown and he was a good ball playing defender but guessing his day has gone as he has been without a club since January. 

Well out of the English ones we'd be better off with one of the two centre backs who played for the U23s the other day in the first team squad. Think they are both highly thought of. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

If any of the U23 CB's were considered ready they would have been on the bench by now. After our 4 main CB's I'd imagine the pecking order is 

Amadou then Tettey then Lewis (Farke has played him there in friendlies.) We won't be bringing a free agent in or dipping into the youth team. Our best young CB Bushiri hasn't started a game for Blackpool yet so I doubt he's ready either, if someone like Hanley can look so exposed at this level an inexperienced teenager in such a crucial position would get absolutely crucified. 

• Like 3

If we were thinking of the possibility of a 'Foreign' free agent coming in, we could have left Klose out of the 25 (if he isn't going to be fit before January) to free up a 'non-home player' space. Maybe there's a chance of him being back towards the end of the year. 

Bushiri has had a couple of starts, but recently returned to the bench. Seems to have had a difficult start. Substituted a couple of times.I saw somewhere, a fan describe a Blackpool defensive performance as the "Rocky Horror show".He was singled out for criticism by a number of fans (No, their names weren't Pete OR Vince)  . He had one game at RB too. Very early days, though. 

Edited by makham