Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Huddersfield Shirt

15 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

St Andrews hall was the main venue back then, along with West Runton Pavilion 😁

Remember the smaller venues, Boogie House, Jacquard & H Block.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Yeah and that just looks like Lyle and Scott stuff! Not knocking it though. It is better to be more subtle with branding imo.

Most of my clothes are nice, well made bits which don't have huge logos on them at all. I am a total sucker for fashion though as I've always been interested in aesthetics and materials etc. But I like neutral tones, like greys, navy, green. Quite simple and classic.

But I'm not a sports team! If I was, I'd have branding all over me if it ensured my team's survival as a commercial entity!

Obviously we'd have a canary instead of an eagle, but yes I'd be more tempted by subtle stuff like that. 

I understand that the club needs to go and grab its slice of the money gambling companies are throwing around, I'm just talking here about what would tempt me to spend money at the club shop. 

There was a couple of years where our casual wear was decent and that was driven by fan feedback / demand. 

Not sure what sort of commercial decision led to them not offering that anymore, or whether it was just a change in regime, but there's a bloke at my work who wears some cracking Palace clobber and it does make me a bit jealous. Actually a ban on football shirts at my job but he gets away with it thanks to these subtle designs! 

19 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Obviously we'd have a canary instead of an eagle, but yes I'd be more tempted by subtle stuff like that. 

I understand that the club needs to go and grab its slice of the money gambling companies are throwing around, I'm just talking here about what would tempt me to spend money at the club shop. 

There was a couple of years where our casual wear was decent and that was driven by fan feedback / demand. 

Not sure what sort of commercial decision led to them not offering that anymore, or whether it was just a change in regime, but there's a bloke at my work who wears some cracking Palace clobber and it does make me a bit jealous. Actually a ban on football shirts at my job but he gets away with it thanks to these subtle designs! 

Would you wear some of the stuff the ACN guys do? They have some cool Norwich related tees... Not official of course but perhaps a more light hearted way of showing your support 🙂

I’ve got an EMI one and the recent flags of our players nationalities, I like most of their stuff but you have to grab it quick as it sells out fast, reckon it must be Tilly buying all the stock to support the Flag initiative.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

You're right! We were probably at the same gigs then, we went to the cottage to see/ hear the Stingrays quite a few times.  I have that EP somewhere too, got a feeling it's not playable anymore. Is my memory playing tricks though as I also recall a place called the Silver Tavern, did it actually exist?

Also remember watching the Stingrays at the Cottage, by coincidence your mate Tillo ran the pub in the 90s 😲.

There was a pub called the Silver Dollar with a downstairs bar, had various names since then and is now cocktail bar.