Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

A year since I made a fool of myself

This time last year I called for Farke to be sacked. I've noticed over the last couple of days that one or two posters have started to twitch because we lost away to West Ham. I still feel a bit of a twit (replace the i with an a) one year on. I suggest that some of you strap a pair on and learn from my mistakeĀ 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

This time last year I called for Farke to be sacked. I've noticed over the last couple of days that one or two posters have started to twitch because we lost away to West Ham. I still feel a bit of a twit (replace the i with an a) one year on. I suggest that some of you strap a pair on and learn from my mistakeĀ 

Don't beat yerself up about it, i had my doubts too, can't remember if i expressed them on here and too lazy to check. As i get older, i am no less passionate about City but i am a little less reactionary. One Swallow does not a Summer make.

You're not alone. I definitely lost faith early last season. I could see what the plan was and what he was trying to do but it just didn't seem to be clicking and it felt like a repeat of the previous season. The rest is history of course.

I think the majority know it will be a long, tough season and Daniel deserves our patience.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Ha ha nice one Dylan. I walked out of Millwall around 2 years ago and would have walked to Carrow Road to serve DF his P45. I watched NaismithĀ in his first game against Liverpool and though we had made the signing that would keep us up for years. I didn't think we should have sacked Hughton when we did (actually I still don't!) .

This is whatĀ being a football fan is all about,. Mostly being reactive, angry, ecstatic , superstitious and largely completely irrational.

It's why we do it.

Ā 

• Like 4

Great post, sadly there are too many fans who donā€™t have the patience anymore-Instant Pleasures-as Shed Seven put it-are what they want.

As wcorkcanary says, don't be too hard on yourself.

Every fan will haveĀ had their doubts (I did), varying from those who called for Farke to go, to those who just had a few doubting thoughts in their head about him. No-one could see what was to come after that poor start - if they did, they'd have all put a lovely big bet on!

OTBC

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

As wcorkcanary says, don't be too hard on yourself.

Every fan will haveĀ had their doubts (I did), varying from those who called for Farke to go, to those who just had a few doubting thoughts in their head about him. No-one could see what was to come after that poor start - if they did, they'd have all put a lovely big bet on!

OTBC

Damn, sussed.

• Haha 1

NCFC managers either move on to something bigger or are sacked. One of these options will be Farkes fate.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

This time last year I called for Farke to be sacked.

Most of us make fools of ourselves on here every day so I wouldn't worry if your embarrassment was a year ago šŸ™‚

Like me I think you were with a fair number who thought Farke had reached the end of the road at the beginning of last season. I remember when Ipswich took the lead against us at Portman Rd and a chant of, " Farke, Farke, sort it out " rang round. Getting the draw that day, a narrow win over Middlesbrough the next game and that bonkers run of 10 wins in 12 calmed everything down and here we are in the Premier League.

I don't mind admitting I was wrong.

3 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I remember when Ipswich took the lead against us at Portman Rd and a chant of, " Farke, Farke, sort it out " rang round.

Not sure when this chant first went up but I heard it at the QPR away game the previous season.

10 minutes ago, ricardo said:

NCFC managers either move on to something bigger or are sacked. One of these options will be Farkes fate.

Not just NCFC managers Ricardo - all managers (except perhaps Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger).Ā 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I think he's more likely to move on than be sacked. Webber has said that when they judge Farke's performance they are looking at what he's doing day to day with the players rather than results on the pitch.

25 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Ā Dave Stringer and Peter Grant both avoided that fate although Grant probably had one foot in death row when he resigned.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

47 minutes ago, ricardo said:

What?! They don't just stay for ever and ever?!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

What?! They don't just stay for ever and ever?!

At the moment i wouldnt mind if he did, as long as we are playing good football and generally improving, even with possible hiccups...relegation maybe, early cup exits. If the Club is onĀ an overall upward curve thats good enough for me. Though it would be a shame if it all became Wengeresque... a manager so in love/ entrenched with a Club that he won't leave even when it's probably best for everyone if they do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I feel a bit if a twit on here quite often to be fair, but it was posts by you and plenty of others at that time that prompted me to start a thread to declare we could win the next six games which would see us challenging for the top of the table.Ā  We won four and drew one of those matches and we started our challenge for the top of the table.Ā 

I'm probably wrong more often than I am right, but "being right" is not my game - being open to the possibilities is what I am about and those games last season were a prime example - football is about as unpredictable as anything can get - which is why people ought to try and be a bit more understanding of situations, rather than just assume things will carry on the same.Ā 

That is why we can beat Man City in the next game - because football is unpredicatable.

Ā 

Yep. I thought that the likely outcome was going to be a mutual parting of the ways once his contract had expired and now heā€™s probably up there with our greatest managers, certainly in the way he has his team playing football anywayĀ 

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

I hope he moves onto something bigger then as Iā€™d hate it to end in his sacking. Also if he were sacked that would suggest the plan has gone wrong at Championship level because thereā€™s no way heā€™s getting sacking in the PL or upper reaches of the championshipĀ 

This time last year after an iffy start I'd like to think Farke was a quick learner and changed things. The rest was history.

I'm hopeful something similar will happen this year .. We will all learn quickly what does and doesn't work in this league. That said the performances haven't been thatĀ bad so far, some quite encouraging, but whereas last year we could outscore the opposition it looks like this year they will outscoreĀ us ... just too clinical.

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I feel a bit if a twit on here quite often to be fair, but it was posts by you and plenty of others at that time that prompted me to start a thread to declare we could win the next six games which would see us challenging for the top of the table.Ā  We won four and drew one of those matches and we started our challenge for the top of the table.Ā 

I'm probably wrong more often than I am right, but "being right" is not my game - being open to the possibilities is what I am about and those games last season were a prime example - football is about as unpredictable as anything can get - which is why people ought to try and be a bit more understanding of situations, rather than just assume things will carry on the same.Ā 

That is why we can beat Man City in the next game - because football is unpredicatable.

Ā 

Do you buy lottery tickets Lakey?

15 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Speculation at that time was entirely justified- we'd just come off the back of a poor season and had started the new one very slowly. Fair play to those who kept the faith with Farke but nothing to be ashamed of for not having done so.

13 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Ā 

Impressive how you've tried to make a thread about someone else entirely about you.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Ā 

A broken clock is right twice a day. If you're gonna say "I told you so", maybe you should dig up all the quotes where you've been amusingly miles off.

Still think we're going to win the league?!

6 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

A broken clock is right twice a day. If you're gonna say "I told you so", maybe you should dig up all the quotes where you've been amusingly miles off.

Still think we're going to win the league?!

Still 102 points to play for.šŸ˜€

20 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Still 102 points to play for.šŸ˜€

In that case by Lakeyo reckoning, we'll get 103 points at least out of the 102 to play for. Starting with 4' points v Man city.

I also had doubts and did air them on here. My concern was I thought the players were better than the results we were getting so I wasn't sure Farke was the man to get the best out of them. How wrong I was!

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Impressive how you've tried to make a thread about someone else entirely about you.

Yeah, doh, it's all about me šŸ˜

So my views are often ridiculed on here, but really some of you should look at yourselves and the way you look at things, rather than just behave like sheep, never offering anything the slightest bit different.Ā Ā  Yeah, we're rubbish, sack the manager, we'll never be any good, we're just little Norwich with no money, how can we hope to beat top clubs, might as well not bother turning up, they are going to beat us anyway, we're going to struggle, we will be lucky to avoid relegation, we have no defence, the midfield are weak, we won't score any goals if it wasn't for Pukki......the diatribe of negativity is endless.

I am not saying we will win the league, I am not saying we will be in the top six - merely that it is stupid to write us off at this stage of the season, when as the op said, things changed last season after many were jumping on the familiar "we are rubbish" bandwagon.

Yeah, it's all about me....although it isn't, is it?Ā  It's about all Norwich fans and how we behave towards the club. We all bring our prejudices and thoughts and fears to the table, but really it's about opening your eyes to the possibilties rather than just thinking we know best. I certainly don't know best, but I do know this - there are many ways of being successful and right now we have just about the best footballing structure and ethos in the entire football league, so the underlying feeling should be of positivity, not negativity.

So on to the Man City match, now let's put away this "ooh, we're probably going to be beaten" nonsense, hope that we play to our best and give them a shock and take the three points off them. That is being positive. Some of you should try it. It doesn't hurt - and if we do get thrashed, take it on the chin and move on.

Ā 

• Like 1