Sign in to follow this  
ncfc-tom

Martin Skrtel

4 minutes ago, ncfc-tom said:

Just seen that Martin Skrtel has been released by Atalanta after 1 game, could he be our CB saviour?

One game? Crikey. To get released that quickly strikes me like he’s got an attitude problem or something, bit odd otherwise and leaves question marks. But I like your thinking.

Edited by Alex Moss
  • Like 1

I suspect he has asked to leave before the deadline so he is free to negotiate a contract with Rangers as a free agent after the deadline. Been linked with Rangers for a while. 

But yes, attempting to gazump Rangers sounds like a good idea. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

Could go a lot worse, effectively replacing Klose who’s surely going to play a minimal number of games this season however good the injury prognosis.  It doesn’t seem to be ability/age that’s the issue, their intention was apparently for him to be a ‘big’ player this season and it’s a “mutual” decision 

Edited by Branston Pickle

11 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Wouldnt complain

According to The Sun he played in their win against SPAL, but according to the Daily Mail he was an unused substitute. One of those rags is wrong 😳

• Haha 1

He's returned to Turkey and has signed a contract with Istanbul Basaksehir. I've read in the Italian media that he was struggling to get to grips with playing in the back three that Atalanta use, but that sounds like a pretty flimsy reason to leave after a fortnight. There could've been something else at play.

9 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Don't the rules stop us from signing someone who was under contract at the date our window closed? Otherwise the window would be meaningless. 

Yes I think you are correct. In order for us to sign him he would have had to have been released before our transfer deadline. 

Common sense rule really, otherwise clubs could circumvent the transfer deadline and do back handers to get players magically released in October. 

He could however have signed for Rangers, which I thought was going to happen. 

Lots of players choosing Turkey these days, nice weather, low living costs and the highest income tax rate being 35% probably the attraction!