Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Emi

He's clearly been at the heart of much of our good attacking play and created several of our goals.

Where I think he's struggled at times is losing the ball and then not working hard enough to get it back or tracked the opposition full back when they have gone forward. If we have a little midfield re-jig then one thing we might look at is whether he should play centrally which may be a role where he does not have to track back quite so much as he does when covering a modern day full back.

I think he's gotten upset at a lack of referee protection in a number of instances. He used to retaliate but since being sent off has lost that edge. 

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

He's clearly been at the heart of much of our good attacking play and created several of our goals.

Where I think he's struggled at times is losing the ball and then not working hard enough to get it back or tracked the opposition full back when they have gone forward. If we have a little midfield re-jig then one thing we might look at is whether he should play centrally which may be a role where he does not have to track back quite so much as he does when covering a modern day full back.

Don't disagree with that but would concern me in the way he's lost the ball in the last couple of games that losing it centrally might be even more dangerous.