Sign in to follow this  
Matt Juler

Oxford United

9 hours ago, Year of the tiger said:

Lads played really well but seemed to run out of gas towards the end. Not surprising really as very young side, with only one player out of his teens & 16 year olds on te bench. 

I’m not surprised to read that. Young professionals will have given it their all in that game and no matter how much they are advised, will probably have burned themselves out after 70 minutes.

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

@SwindonCanary, or anyone else who was at the match - did any of our youngsters stand out to you as looking particularly promising?

Odusina at the back impressed, I also liked Jordan Thomas always in the action.

36 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Thomas in blue boots ? Yeah I’d agree with that. Ciaran Jones was the better centre half, I was actually disappointed with our captain. I thought we matched them until tiredness crept in, plus they brought on three first team players. Enjoyed it though, I believe that the 152 fans that went are now in the “ mega mega superhero membership group” which means not only do we get first dibs on tickets but we get to fly from Norwich airport every time.

Edited by FenwayFrank

11 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Thanks Swindon. I thought Odusina was out on loan, though?

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

Thanks Swindon. I thought Odusina was out on loan, though?

He was on loan at Fylde the second half of last season. He ended it as an FA Trophy winner at Wembley. I haven't heard he went anywhere this time and would be very interested to hear if he's had a contract extension.

22 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

He was on loan at Fylde the second half of last season. He ended it as an FA Trophy winner at Wembley. I haven't heard he went anywhere this time and would be very interested to hear if he's had a contract extension.

Contracted until the summer according to transfermarkt.co.uk

1 hour ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Contracted until the summer according to transfermarkt.co.uk

Yep.👍

If he has a future here I would expect a contract offer before Christmas

12 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Just looking again at the Pinkun report from Tuesday night, and Odusina didn't actually play. The other centre back (and captain) was Akin Famewo, whom we signed from Luton in January. Wonder what Timi is up to, then?

7 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Just looking again at the Pinkun report from Tuesday night, and Odusina didn't actually play. The other centre back (and captain) was Akin Famewo, whom we signed from Luton in January. Wonder what Timi is up to, then?

Have no idea. There's not so much coverage of the youngsters these days. And of course the games are now played at Colney.

From Luton! There's a thing...🙃👍

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Have no idea. There's not so much coverage of the youngsters these days. And of course the games are now played at Colney.

From Luton! There's a thing...🙃👍

You'd think that as a Premier League club with a sustainable philosophy and a Cat 1 Academy, the club would be doing everything to push awareness of our U23s and how they're shaping the future. Obviously we don't want to overhype these lads, but it'd be nice for the club to offer a bit more media about our stars of tomorrow, surely?

36 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

You'd think that as a Premier League club with a sustainable philosophy and a Cat 1 Academy, the club would be doing everything to push awareness of our U23s and how they're shaping the future. Obviously we don't want to overhype these lads, but it'd be nice for the club to offer a bit more media about our stars of tomorrow, surely?

For whatever reason there's definitely a change of policy around the information made available.

I think it's my fault,🙃. Having brought a bond they can now play the u23 games at Colney. I think you can still go but obviously it's not so accessible.

We will still get the FA Youth cup if there's a home tie.

18 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

For whatever reason there's definitely a change of policy around the information made available.

I think it's my fault,🙃. Having brought a bond they can now play the u23 games at Colney. I think you can still go but obviously it's not so accessible.

We will still get the FA Youth cup if there's a home tie.

While I think this competition is somewhat pointless, I was surprised to see no coverage from the official twitter account and all the updates coming from the academy account instead.