Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

Crystal Palace Tickets

11 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Do you think having a Norwich city tattoo should be taken into account ? 

I do. Extra points for having it on your derriere. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

I do. Extra points for having it on your derriere. 

Hundred bonus points if you can fit all 92 clubs on said derriere....

7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Which is why it's totally unfair to reward 10 games last season with 20 this season. 

I don’t disagree, Nutty.

If memory serves me correctly, you didn’t actually 1500 points for any match where points were needed last season? 

Now, I fully accept that the PL is always going to have a greater take up of tickets than the Championship, however, is it really necessary to have a situation where 450ish get first dibs on all games?

22 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I think the system is unfair and the boundaries, rather than rewarding loyalty, are actually setting a group of fans apart giving them far greater benefit than their loyalty deserves. I used the term elite and still stand by that and certainly think it's less divisive than this "more loyal" label apparently preferred by everyone else.

Surely if you're rewarding someone for doing 10 games last season with all the games this season they are getting far more than this "loyalty" deserves. Yet someone with 9 games could quite easily be rewarded with 1 or 2 this season. 

Still, if you're in the 750, or can get in it and pull up the drawbridge, I suppose you can claim to have more loyalty than the loyal fans on the outside and anyway, they'll get their chance when you get fed up with going.

This is where I get confused- I agree with you but I feel like you're after an argument with me.

The 10 game line is arbitrary. Last season's system was much better as it had a sliding scale based on how many you went to. Yet I feel pretty sure you were suggesting not long ago that this system was fairer than last year?

I also just don't buy this 'pulling up the drawbridge' stuff. The drawbridge was wide open for the last couple of seasons- if people only want to cross it now we're playing in the Premier League then I don't have any sympathy.

In my view, the previous points system was perfectly functional, when it was used. 

However I would scrap / reduce the 1000 points for home season ticket holders to level out the playing field. 

However this was a free system, whereas the existing one brings in revenue for the club, so that is going to be their preferred choice. Games are still selling out too, so it's a win win from their perspective. 

I think it's a bit harsh giving members of the 750 (of which I'm not a member) a title for being categorised into a system they had no input to. 

Just now, king canary said:

This is where I get confused- I agree with you but I feel like you're after an argument with me.

The 10 game line is arbitrary. Last season's system was much better as it had a sliding scale based on how many you went to. Yet I feel pretty sure you were suggesting not long ago that this system was fairer than last year?

I also just don't buy this 'pulling up the drawbridge' stuff. The drawbridge was wide open for the last couple of seasons- if people only want to cross it now we're playing in the Premier League then I don't have any sympathy.

Last season was only fairer because the tickets filtered down. If you transfer that to this season then more people will be in a closed shop where they can get even more tickets than their "loyalty" deserves. So someone who went 8 times could now go 20 times.

Surely you only deserve what this "loyalty" entitles you to.

Now the forums number one **** stirrer has arrived I'm out of here.

I maintain that the system is totally unfair. But also maintain that adding people to the unfair group makes it even unfairer. 

I'm obviously pretty much alone with that view and the fact that a system which will over reward the selfish and greedy is so popular on here saddens me.

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Last season was only fairer because the tickets filtered down. If you transfer that to this season then more people will be in a closed shop where they can get even more tickets than their "loyalty" deserves. So someone who went 8 times could now go 20 times.

Surely you only deserve what this "loyalty" entitles you to.

20 times? Did we get an extra game?

I think the amount of people who actually want to go to all 19 away games is quite limited. But I'm happy with someone who went to 8 games in the Championship going to 19 over someone who went to zero having the same. 

The system worked when we were in the Premier League last time, nobody had to pay £50 for the privilege and nobody was queueing at 6am for tickets to a random away game. 

No system will be without flaws. It is just a shame the club has gone full steam ahead into one with far more flaws in order to bag some extra cash they don't really need.

59 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

I'm not actually sure what some people's argument or viewpoint is on this issue.

My opinion is that if I went to 8 away games last season, then I deserve more priority than someone who went to 7. Conversely, if fans who went to more games than me are allowed to buy before me, then I think that is fair. I was comfortable with that.

The old system was in my opinion a good way of doing things. I used to sometimes go to the 'unglamorous' fixtures (because I actually wanted to visit the ground or travel) knowing that it would help build up my points. The new system totally ignores the matches you have attended, which I think is nonsensical.

The huge issue I have, is that literally anyone can pay £50 to enter the lottery. Unless you are in that 750 group, your entire away games purchase history has been wiped from the history books. 

I'm hoping away games done this season are still being added up, in the hope there will be a return to a system like the old one, in time for 20/21.

I agree with this, and as I have said before, regardless of whether the '10+ games' is the right place to draw the line or not, the people who have supported the club and attended away games in the Championship deserve to get tickets to Old Trafford, Anfield etc. over those who haven't attended a game in years or, even worse, are Man Utd or Liverpool fans that couldn't get tickets in the home end. I think it's completely wrong that someone who went to seven or eight away games last year in unglamorous places like Hull, Blackburn or Preston (no disrespect to those places) can't get tickets this season because someone who had little interest last season suddenly wants to go this year.

I put forward the following system before and whilst it isn't perfect, I think it's much more fair than the current one:

Priority 1: 10+ away games last season 

Priority 2: 5+ away games last season

Priority 3: 1+ away game, renewed memberships from last season and season ticket holders

Priority 4: New members

Priority 5: General sale

Some would argue that it's highly unlikely tickets would reach the fourth window and people would be buying membership for nothing (just like a lot of people now), but I think you can quite justify it by asking where those people were last season. There's a risk of it becoming a closed shop, but if the membership price was lower (£20 max, possibly lower) then people would still buy it in order to move into a higher priority group next season. The club wouldn't make as much money from £50 memberships, but it would certainly reward loyalty and would probably ensure we sell out all away games, even unglamorous ones, as fans try to get to as many games as possible to climb the ladder, so to speak. 

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I'm obviously pretty much alone with that view and the fact that a system which will over reward the selfish and greedy is so popular on here saddens me.

But the current system over-rewards people who have never been to an away game by giving them equal priority with those who went to six or seven 'unglamorous' away games last season. That isn't fair either and it has upset/angered/saddened a lot of people, and rightly so in my opinion.

And just out of interest, who are the 'selfish and greedy'? That's a genuine question: I'm not sure exactly who you mean.

• Like 2

Ok.

We disagree buddy.

But we do agree that the current system is unfair so that's a start.

The greedy and selfish are applying for every ticket to stop them filtering down and ensuring they remain in the elite group. Under this "loyalty based" system they don't even have to use the ticket. 

If 20 games loyalty entitled you to 20 tickets all the way down to 1 game loyalty entitled you to 1 ticket then the tickets would be fairly distributed by the end of the season. Once you've had your 10 tickets (or however many you qualify for) there's nothing to prevent you scrapping for another one at a later stage.

It would also stop people applying for games that they don't want to go to.

Edited by nutty nigel

42 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

The system isn't popular though is it? This 'elite' group is an invention of the club as part of this new system which is in fact extremely unpopular. It also isn't the fans fault that the club did this, yet you seem so reluctant to actually ever criticize anything the club does you end up tying yourself in knots and attacking fans for the heinous crime of 'attending away games.'

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

The system isn't popular though is it? This 'elite' group is an invention of the club as part of this new system which is in fact extremely unpopular. It also isn't the fans fault that the club did this, yet you seem so reluctant to actually ever criticize anything the club does you end up tying yourself in knots and attacking fans for the heinous crime of 'attending away games.'

This is ridiculous. I've always criticised the way the elite group had been set up. You are the one who defended it.

Just now, nutty nigel said:

This is ridiculous. I've always criticised the way the elite group had been set up. You are the one who defended it.

No I didn't! I've been nothing but critical of this new system, to suggest I've defended it is laughable.

I defend the idea that those who went to more games last season should get priority over those who didn't bother. It isn't my fault, the 'elite' groups fault, that the club made such a **** poor job of the new system that they had to draw this arbitrary 10 game line.

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

No I didn't! I've been nothing but critical of this new system, to suggest I've defended it is laughable.

I defend the idea that those who went to more games last season should get priority over those who didn't bother. It isn't my fault, the 'elite' groups fault, that the club made such a **** poor job of the new system that they had to draw this arbitrary 10 game line.

Neither is it mine. Yet you continue to associate me with the club's system that I have never agreed with. 

And why should fans who went to ten games get this priority for 20. You won't address that. I asked Tilly much the same question and he wouldn't answer either.

I will reiterate that I think the priority group is elitist. I think it unfair. And when people suggest adding to it I think it's unfairer still.

Edited by nutty nigel

Just now, nutty nigel said:

Neither is it mine. Yet you continue to associate me with the club's system that I have never agreed with. 

Well if you will insist on attacking the fans for being 'selfish and greedy', 'building a wall' and 'pulling up the drawbridge' rather than directing your ire at the people actually responsible then people might begin to assume you're issue is with them and not with the clubs new system.

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

Well if you will insist on attacking the fans for being 'selfish and greedy', 'building a wall' and 'pulling up the drawbridge' rather than directing your ire at the people actually responsible then people might begin to assume you're issue is with them and not with the clubs new system.

And while you continue to defend this group people might assume that you agree with it 

And I very carefully said it favoured the greedy and selfish.

Edited by nutty nigel

11 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

And why should fans who went to ten games get this priority for 20. You won't address that. I asked Tilly much the same question and he wouldn't answer either.

Hell will freeze over before there's an answer to this.

25 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I don't think I've ever argued they should...

11 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Hell will freeze over before there's an answer to this.

So you're saying that people who went to 12 games last season can't go to more than 12 games this season? People who went twice last season can only go twice this season?

If that's the case, that nobody can go to more games in a season that they went to in the previous one, we'd have average away attendances of 200 within a decade.

19 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

And while you continue to defend this group people might assume that you agree with it 

And I very carefully said it favoured the greedy and selfish.

've never said I agreed with the arbitrary line of 10 games. In fact I've pretty explicitly expressed that I'd go back to the system we had last season with the sliding scale. But the club wanted to extract some extra cash so that had to be done away with. 

However, I don't think the 750 group need 'defending' because the also don't deserve to be attacked- because they themselves have done nothing wrong. So why you continue to go after the fans while failing to utter a word of actual criticism to those who created the system is beyond me...

Let's be honest, this system is and has proven to be a bit naff. 

Let's also be honest and not pretend like the system we had before wouldn't still have resulted in people missing out tickets and complaining about that system on here and social media.

Let's be honest one final time and acknowledge that the previous system was at the very least a little better and fairer than this one. However, it wasn't a revenue generator and I'm guessing part of the thought process of this new system was to try and generate revenue, which I'm fine with.

Maybe next season if we stay up we'll get a middle-of-the-road system that pleases most. If we go down it'll be pretty much irrelevant as the demand won't be nearly as high.

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

So you're saying that people who went to 12 games last season can't go to more than 12 games this season? People who went twice last season can only go twice this season?

If that's the case, that nobody can go to more games in a season that they went to in the previous one, we'd have average away attendances of 200 within a decade.

No that's not what I'm saying.

Look buddy, I am in favour of a loyalty based system that rewards loyalty while including as many fans a possible.

You guys seem to be in favour of a loyalty based system and keeping it as small as possible.

We are just going to have to disagree.

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

've never said I agreed with the arbitrary line of 10 games. In fact I've pretty explicitly expressed that I'd go back to the system we had last season with the sliding scale. But the club wanted to extract some extra cash so that had to be done away with. 

However, I don't think the 750 group need 'defending' because the also don't deserve to be attacked- because they themselves have done nothing wrong. So why you continue to go after the fans while failing to utter a word of actual criticism to those who created the system is beyond me...

You say the system is wrong but we mustn't point out why because people may be offended?