Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

Crystal Palace Tickets

53 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

Elite:

a. The pick or choice part (of society, a group of people, etc.), the flower; spec.  (a) a select group that is superior in terms of ability or qualities to the rest of a group or society;  (b) a group or class of people seen as having the most power and influence in a society, especially on account of their wealth or privilege.

b. A person belonging to such a group or class. Frequently in plural.

Loyal:

True to obligations of duty, love, etc.; faithful to plighted troth.

So, Delia and Michael are the Elite, the 750 are Loyal.

Hope this helps :classic_tongue:

...but surely this would make the former away season ticket holders the loyal and those that are grouped with them despite showing less commitment, the elite? 😁

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Bluster is something you master without much difficulty. Whatever answer you get the twisting and turning of words is a thing to behold and admire. Totally swerving the dictionary definition of Elite comes as no surprise probably because it doesn't fit with your take of the word in the context you put forward.

Still no answer just more bluster. I've got the patience of Job...

10 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Why is a loyalty system based on the amount of games you attend such a controversial idea? 🤔

The controversy is that we don't have that system. 

6 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

I don’t like this elite word to divisive I prefer fans and plastics much more accurate 

I think you should put a star 🌟 on your shiny new tatty....

2 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

Elite:

a. The pick or choice part (of society, a group of people, etc.), the flower; spec.  (a) a select group that is superior in terms of ability or qualities to the rest of a group or society;  (b) a group or class of people seen as having the most power and influence in a society, especially on account of their wealth or privilege.

b. A person belonging to such a group or class. Frequently in plural.

Loyal:

True to obligations of duty, love, etc.; faithful to plighted troth.

So, Delia and Michael are the Elite, the 750 are Loyal.

Hope this helps :classic_tongue:

Apparently Tilly needs me to respond to this.

It's a load of old pony that doesn't address the issue. 

The dictionary doesn't explain why a fan who turned down 13 chances to go away last season should be in an elite ring fenced group whete as a fan who turned down 14 chances to go last season has to compete for the scraps with fans who didn't go at all last season.

To then claim this elite group is more loyal is rubbing salt into the wounds of those who justifiably feel agrieved by this.

Now it seems that this ring fenced elite group will keep their status next season ahead of fans who may well apply for many more tickets but are destined to remain on the outside.

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Apparently Tilly needs me to respond to this.

It's a load of old pony that doesn't address the issue. 

The dictionary doesn't explain why a fan who turned down 13 chances to go away last season should be in an elite ring fenced group whete as a fan who turned down 14 chances to go last season has to compete for the scraps with fans who didn't go at all last season.

To then claim this elite group is more loyal is rubbing salt into the wounds of those who justifiably feel agrieved by this.

Now it seems that this ring fenced elite group will keep their status next season ahead of fans who may well apply for many more tickets but are destined to remain on the outside.

Bearing in mind that there were also 3 Cup away games, it’s actually 26 in total, out of which you only had to attend ten.

And, whilst it’s hardly their fault that the ‘priority’ bar for this season was ten games, it has actually had one unexpected consequence on their ticket purchasing tendencies of the priority members.

For example, last season, if they couldn’t, or chose not to go to a particular fixture, they simply wouldn’t buy a ticket. Now, in comparison, there’s a growing number who, simply because they get first dibs on all matches, are still buying a ticket and just passing them on to friends or family - it may benefit them (with another count for next season’s tally) but it’s leaving fewer available for subsequent sale days. 

Edited by GMF
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

The controversy is that we don't have that system. 

The controversy is that we did and now we don't...

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Source ?

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Source ?

You..

Didn't realise they were so keen early doors or maybe that is just how you see it. Mind you, you expect everybody to subscribe to your view .The poster you quoted obviously did not make the elite group for some reason who only needed to do 10 out of 23 to be classified as such but remember 10 games this season is more than half so what name will you come up with for 20/21 ?

I'm actually amazed that you have so much support on this thread. I guess if you tell people they are more loyal than others they will puff their little old chests out and polish their buttons.

The truth is your group is elite and they are doing everything they can to remain elite. The sad thing is that people who are desperate to join them only want to pull up the drawbridge when they get there.

I don't know the answer. It's not my job to know the answer. But what I do know is claiming to be more loyal than other fans is a bigger insult than having it suggested that the group is elite. Which it is.

Still waiting for a straight answer to the simple question. I s'pose doomsday will happen first🙃

image.gif

22 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

You..

Didn't realise they were so keen early doors or maybe that is just how you see it. Mind you, you expect everybody to subscribe to your view .The poster you quoted obviously did not make the elite group for some reason who only needed to do 10 out of 23 to be classified as such but remember 10 games this season is more than half so what name will you come up with for 20/21 ?

I'm actually amazed that you have so much support on this thread. I guess if you tell people they are more loyal than others they will puff their little old chests out and polish their buttons.

The truth is your group is elite and they are doing everything they can to remain elite. The sad thing is that people who are desperate to join them only want to pull up the drawbridge when they get there.

I don't know the answer. It's not my job to know the answer. But what I do know is claiming to be more loyal than other fans is a bigger insult than having it suggested that the group is elite. Which it is.

Still waiting for a straight answer to the simple question. I s'pose doomsday will happen first🙃

image.gif

You have just gone beyond ridiculous and i have not read so much absolute pointless drivel in a long time. I suppose you would be amazed at what support there is on this thread when you keep banging on and on with something that is in your head and your head alone. What exactly you are trying to achieve i have absolutely no idea and i have a very strong suspicion i am not alone in this.

I cannot reason with your thinking any longer. if you feel insulted with the term loyal on behalf of any fans i suggest you deal with it because they are loyal and to call them elite is insulting in my book. A fan is a fan in various degrees for various reasons and circumstances.

Edited by TIL 1010

Wasting my time here but you term 10 games last season out of 23 as Elite and keep banging on that it was less than half of the games but that same current group next year if they do 10 will be more than half as we will only play 19 so the question was what will you call them in 20/21 ?

I don't imagine for one minute you will grasp what i  have actually said so leave it with you.

Edited by TIL 1010

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Wasting my time here but you term 10 games last season out of 23 as Elite and keep banging on that it was less than half of the games but that same current group next year if they do 10 will be more than half as we will only play 19 so the question was what will you call them in 20/21 ?

I don't imagine for one minute you will grasp what i  have actually said so leave it with you.

Actually they could only do five and give the rest away. 

I've still got the patience of Job but doomsday isn't here yet...

Nurse....... He's out of his bed again.

Good today see nothing has changed on this forum whilst I've been away. 

22 hours ago, Declan said:

Restricted view now on sale if you refresh, there's a Severely Restricted that'll follow after that I reckon...

That’s really bad, hundreds disappointed then casually put some more on sale. 

On 02/09/2019 at 21:28, nutty nigel said:

So did the elite fans who went to less than half the games do them all at the start of last season? Or is there another reason they were so keen early doors?

I wonder what will happen next year with a huge group determined to get to 10 games this year. Assuming another 750 become priority members via the 10 game route will they offer it to 1500 or will they scrap priority so nobody gets the priority.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

That’s really bad, hundreds disappointed then casually put some more on sale. 

I wonder what will happen next year with a huge group determined to get to 10 games this year. Assuming another 750 become priority members via the 10 game route will they offer it to 1500 or will they scrap priority so nobody gets the priority.

Scrapping it would be fairer than what we have now. But this won't be popular with all those who see themselves as more loyal.

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Scrapping it would be fairer than what we have now. But this won't be popular with all those who see themselves as more loyal.

I must say I'm generally totally baffled by your position on this.

Scrapping the 10 game line and replacing in with nothing probably wouldn't be popular, just going back to the system we used for years beforehand probably would be.

Are you for or against that?

1 minute ago, king canary said:

I must say I'm generally totally baffled by your position on this.

Scrapping the 10 game line and replacing in with nothing probably wouldn't be popular, just going back to the system we used for years beforehand probably would be.

Are you for or against that?

The system we had was fairer than this. It rewarded those who committed to go to all the games first. I have never defended this new system and continually pointed out where I believe it's most unfair.

Kingo, it was you who first pulled me up for using the term elite suggesting I replace it with loyal. Why do you think that?

I think the word elite for the 750 isn't quite right - I would call them "those that think they are special" because they got to 10+ away games last season. So "those that think they are special" are happy in their state of thinking they are special because this season they get the perks for going to so many games.

I'm not going to knock that, it's great to have such committed fans, but acting or sounding superior because they go to more games, does not look good.  We are all fans and go to what we can, when we can.  But the beef should not be with "those that think they are special" but with the system that lumps all the rest of us into the same boat, allows touts to buy memberships and people that are only jumping on the away bandwagon because its the PL.

Probably no easy answers, but this season, at least 750 are happy, even if they might think the fact they are in that group makes them superior.....

10+ games and it's like, "yeah I'm one of the best"....9 games and it's hard cheese "you're not good enough to be in the elite".....oops, I said it........

:classic_blush:

Priority for tickets should be a layered approach

the factors to take into account are as follows

1) Are they a season ticket holder 

2) do they frequently do away games at least 50 percent of all away games

3) do they contribute to the club in other ways eg use hospitality eg Gunn club

4) buy club merchandise eh replica shirts 

5) have ncfc related ink on their bodies

the more boxes they tick the higher up the priority list they should be

it is transparent and fair, what is not to like about this approach.

34 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

The system we had was fairer than this. It rewarded those who committed to go to all the games first. I have never defended this new system and continually pointed out where I believe it's most unfair.

Kingo, it was you who first pulled me up for using the term elite suggesting I replace it with loyal. Why do you think that?

Two reasons

1) In the current day 'elite' is a loaded term- language and context is important and I think you're smart enough to know what you insinuate when you call people 'elite' or claiming they want to 'build a wall' as you have done.

2) I think I also at the time misunderstood your position (although I'll admit I'm still not totally clear) and thought you meant those who'd built up loyalty points from last season were the 'elite' not just the people who crossed this arbitrary 10 game threshold.

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I think the word elite for the 750 isn't quite right - I would call them "those that think they are special" because they got to 10+ away games last season. So "those that think they are special" are happy in their state of thinking they are special because this season they get the perks for going to so many games.

I'm not going to knock that, it's great to have such committed fans, but acting or sounding superior because they go to more games, does not look good.  We are all fans and go to what we can, when we can.  But the beef should not be with "those that think they are special" but with the system that lumps all the rest of us into the same boat, allows touts to buy memberships and people that are only jumping on the away bandwagon because its the PL.

Probably no easy answers, but this season, at least 750 are happy, even if they might think the fact they are in that group makes them superior.....

10+ games and it's like, "yeah I'm one of the best"....9 games and it's hard cheese "you're not good enough to be in the elite".....oops, I said it........

:classic_blush:

Bit judgmental?

Out of interest what makes you think all 750 people in 'the club' think they are special?

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

Two reasons

1) In the current day 'elite' is a loaded term- language and context is important and I think you're smart enough to know what you insinuate when you call people 'elite' or claiming they want to 'build a wall' as you have done.

2) I think I also at the time misunderstood your position (although I'll admit I'm still not totally clear) and thought you meant those who'd built up loyalty points from last season were the 'elite' not just the people who crossed this arbitrary 10 game threshold.

I think the system is unfair and the boundaries, rather than rewarding loyalty, are actually setting a group of fans apart giving them far greater benefit than their loyalty deserves. I used the term elite and still stand by that and certainly think it's less divisive than this "more loyal" label apparently preferred by everyone else.

Surely if you're rewarding someone for doing 10 games last season with all the games this season they are getting far more than this "loyalty" deserves. Yet someone with 9 games could quite easily be rewarded with 1 or 2 this season. 

Still, if you're in the 750, or can get in it and pull up the drawbridge, I suppose you can claim to have more loyalty than the loyal fans on the outside and anyway, they'll get their chance when you get fed up with going.

I'm not actually sure what some people's argument or viewpoint is on this issue.

My opinion is that if I went to 8 away games last season, then I deserve more priority than someone who went to 7. Conversely, if fans who went to more games than me are allowed to buy before me, then I think that is fair. I was comfortable with that.

The old system was in my opinion a good way of doing things. I used to sometimes go to the 'unglamorous' fixtures (because I actually wanted to visit the ground or travel) knowing that it would help build up my points. The new system totally ignores the matches you have attended, which I think is nonsensical.

The huge issue I have, is that literally anyone can pay £50 to enter the lottery. Unless you are in that 750 group, your entire away games purchase history has been wiped from the history books. 

I'm hoping away games done this season are still being added up, in the hope there will be a return to a system like the old one, in time for 20/21.

• Like 1

Good news is with our injury bulletin, if you missed out on a ticket you might well get an opportunity on the players coach. Oh, and probs 90 minutes on the field too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

I'm not actually sure what some people's argument or viewpoint is on this issue.

My opinion is that if I went to 8 away games last season, then I deserve more priority than someone who went to 7. Conversely, if fans who went to more games than me are allowed to buy before me, then I think that is fair. I was comfortable with that.

The old system was in my opinion a good way of doing things. I used to sometimes go to the 'unglamorous' fixtures (because I actually wanted to visit the ground or travel) knowing that it would help build up my points. The new system totally ignores the matches you have attended, which I think is nonsensical.

The huge issue I have, is that literally anyone can pay £50 to enter the lottery. Unless you are in that 750 group, your entire away games purchase history has been wiped from the history books. 

I'm hoping away games done this season are still being added up, in the hope there will be a return to a system like the old one, in time for 20/21.

Do you think having a Norwich city tattoo should be taken into account ? 

To be honest, this ‘badging’ of fans achieves little, apart from further rancour, and misses the fundamental point - is this revised scheme, better or worse in comparison to the previous version?

It’s perhaps stating the obvious that, in my opinion, it’s far worse.

Not only is it more costly for fans, it will almost certainly result in fewer, rather than more, fans being able to get to games this season. Don’t forget that over 16,000 went to one or more games last season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GMF said:

To be honest, this ‘badging’ of fans achieves little, apart from further rancour, and misses the fundamental point - is this revised scheme, better or worse in comparison to the previous version?

It’s perhaps stating the obvious that, in my opinion, it’s far worse.

Not only is it more costly for fans, it will almost certainly result in fewer, rather than more, fans being able to get to games this season. Don’t forget that over 16,000 went to one or more games last season. 

Which is why it's totally unfair to reward 10 games last season with 20 this season.