Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

Crystal Palace Tickets

6 minutes ago, king canary said:

9 minutes left for me- I'm expecting it'll be sold out when I get there...

Sold out by the time a got to the front of the queue....32 mins. Oh well - best do some work I suppose :classic_laugh:

Edited by zema abbey football genius

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

Shock and horror- I got one.

Still a horrid system though.

Your real lucky day.

i reckon the one you got was somebody releasing one from their basket.

8 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Your real lucky day.

i reckon the one you got was somebody releasing one from their basket.

Probably- helps I was buying solo I guess.

Restricted view now on sale if you refresh, there's a Severely Restricted that'll follow after that I reckon...

24 minutes ago, Darth Canary1 said:

I just got in and it's sold out King

Quick go back in if you don’t mind restricted view, more just gone on sale

11 minutes ago, Declan said:

Restricted view now on sale if you refresh, there's a Severely Restricted that'll follow after that I reckon...

That’s really bad, hundreds disappointed then casually put some more on sale. 

• Like 1

Was just explaining to someone about this- the 'customer experience' is akin to something I'd expect from a faceless corporate such as ticketmaster, not from a football club that claims to truly value its fans. Very, very poor.

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

That’s really bad, hundreds disappointed then casually put some more on sale. 

Yep...I thought it was odd they separated out lower and upper tier at West Ham as options, but at least they were both on sale at the same time. This is a really poor thing to do, there'll be people that missed out and wandered away/went to work/gave up that could have got something had they all been listed at 9am.

Talking of which, sent you a DM a few days ago...

5 minutes ago, zema abbey football genius said:

Really appreciate the heads up on this - me and my bro have tickets now.

Let's hope they're not right behind a massive pillar!!

The restricted view at palace is the low gantry which means you can't see the screens. It's an awful stadium but the view of the pitch wasn't bad last time I was there.

7 minutes ago, zema abbey football genius said:

Really appreciate the heads up on this - me and my bro have tickets now.

Let's hope they're not right behind a massive pillar!!

Better that than sitting behind jobswortho......a massive pillock. 

2 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Unnecessary Taigo 

True, but it tickled me.   I hope you got a chuckle out of it too.  Umm Taigo,... Makes me sound Portuguese.

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

How the heck am i on the ropes?Responding to you more than a couple of times on a thread always ends up with you squirming around trying to have the last word. All you ever do is avoid a straightforward reply to what was said.. I asked you why this poster is so anxious to get to games right from the very start of this season and went to great trouble attempting to get tickets when he obviously did not bother to do so last season. I expect you will pick on a word here and use it to swerve around a direct no nonsense reply.

My direct and no nonsense reply is that the fan in the elite group who did less than half the games also seemed keen to get tickets early in the season. Why was that?

4 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

My direct and no nonsense reply is that the fan in the elite group who did less than half the games also seemed keen to get tickets early in the season. Why was that?

This elite group of 750 that you talk of has been around for donkey's years going back to before Division One when you had to have points to get to the likes of Hartlepool and Paulton Rovers. 250 of them were away season ticket holders or are you suggesting they have just rocked up last season ? I suspect the vast majority were around when we were $hite and therefore are loyal not elite.

Edited by TIL 1010

5 hours ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Unnecessary Taigo 

Playing the poster and not the post yet again. Wcorko obviously gets his kicks from it JC.

7 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Playing the poster and not the post yet again. Wcorko obviously gets his kicks from it JC.

I'll play whatever i like Benny. Whenever i like. However i like. I think you'll find that Jobbo slung an insult my way first, and not a bad one too, made me chuckle. You should try humour sometime. It's a gas. Bennyo.

35 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

This elite group of 750 that you talk of has been around for donkey's years going back to before Division One when you had to have points to get to the likes of Hartlepool and Paulton Rovers. 250 of them were away season ticket holders or are you suggesting they have just rocked up last season ? I suspect the vast majority were around when we were $hite and therefore are loyal not elite.

Straight answer please....

So you are saying that for donkey's years 10 games the previous season assured you of a ticket where as 9 put you into scrum with fans who may have no away game history whatsoever?

A few posts ago you were talking about next season. Well surely this won't be the same next season? You can't claim this elite loyalty just because you're ring fenced to get every ticket. Fans who have applied for every ticket will have shown the same loyalty. No it will be a different story where you bed blockers may never get a bed. You reap what you sow.....

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

Elite:

a. The pick or choice part (of society, a group of people, etc.), the flower; spec.  (a) a select group that is superior in terms of ability or qualities to the rest of a group or society;  (b) a group or class of people seen as having the most power and influence in a society, especially on account of their wealth or privilege.

b. A person belonging to such a group or class. Frequently in plural.

Loyal:

True to obligations of duty, love, etc.; faithful to plighted troth.

So, Delia and Michael are the Elite, the 750 are Loyal.

Hope this helps :classic_tongue:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I'll play whatever i like Benny. Whenever i like. However i like.

Funny how you can get to dislike somebody you have never met but that is the internet for you, dangerous in the hands of keyboard warriors like you.

Edited by TIL 1010

8 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Straight answer please....

So you are saying that for donkey's years 10 games the previous season assured you of a ticket where as 9 put you into scrum with fans who may have no away game history whatsoever?

A few posts ago you were talking about next season. Well surely this won't be the same next season? You can't claim this elite loyalty just because you're ring fenced to get every ticket. Fans who have applied for every ticket will have shown the same loyalty. No it will be a different story where you bed blockers may never get a bed. You reap what you sow.....

I am sure you just read what you want to read and bend it to fit with what you want it to be.

May i refer you to the post of Mr Angry.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

I am sure you just read what you want to read and bend it to fit with what you want it to be.

May i refer you to the post of Mr Angry.

That's not a straight answer. It's your usual bluster. The question wasn't difficult....

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Funny how you can get to dislike somebody you have never met but that is the internet for you, dangerous in the hands of keyboard warriors like you.

No danger here Benny, unless you're scared of your own shadow. Like i said before , i like giving people a tickle, the more humorless they come across, the more tickling they get. 

24 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

That's not a straight answer. It's your usual bluster. The question wasn't difficult....

Bluster is something you master without much difficulty. Whatever answer you get the twisting and turning of words is a thing to behold and admire. Totally swerving the dictionary definition of Elite comes as no surprise probably because it doesn't fit with your take of the word in the context you put forward.