Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Despite yesterday we are still in the mix

Only 4 games I know but we've had Liverpool, Chelsea and W Ham away.

Not the easiest return to the PL by any means.

So overall 3 points from 4 games is not that bad.

Even our GD at -4 is not out of line with other Clubs currently in the bottom half and most of those teams have had easier fixtures than ours.

Play like we did in the first 3 games and we can realistically expect to beat, either home or away or both, any team from those who are currently in position 12 downwards (+ of course Sheff Utd).

Even with the likes of Leicester, Everton, Palace and possibly Man U we have a decent chance of picking up points because in most games we will play an awful lot better than we did yesterday.

We might be 19th but we are not bottom and we are by no means adrift.

I'm not saying we are going to be top 10 but staying up is still a realistic prospect.

One bad game does not have to indicate that we are going to have a bad season.

Edited by Making Plans
  • Like 3

you are Lakey and I claim my £5 😋

jokes aside, I agree whole heartedly with your post

Exactly - it's a marathon, not a sprint. Wolves were beaten by Everton today who lost to West Ham last week so the mid table bunch will just go round and round having a hopeful punt at 7th. We have enough going forward to nick the odd point off them and beat some of our peers nearer the bottom. Forget the elite, they play like they are from another world and only LDC thinks we have any chance there. Farke and co can get us to 17th, I am sure of it.

Edited by Drazen Muzinic

5 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Only 4 games I know but we've had Liverpool, Chelsea and W Ham away.

Not the easiest return to the PL by any means.

So overall 3 points from 4 games is not that bad.

Even our GD at -4 is not out of line with other Clubs currently in the bottom half and most of those teams have had easier fixtures than ours.

Play like we did in the first 3 games and we can realistically expect to beat, either home or away or both, any team from those who are currently in position 12 downwards (+ of course Sheff Utd).

Even with the likes of Leicester, Everton, Palace and possibly Man U we have a decent chance of picking up points because in most games we will play an awful lot better than we did yesterday.

We might be 19th but we are not bottom and we are by no means adrift.

I'm not saying we are going to be top 10 but staying up is still a realistic prospect.

One bad game does not have to indicate that we are going to have a bad season.

Nice one MP. I’m not even sure we were that bad yesterday - decent start to the game seems to have been forgotten. We certainly weren’t outplayed for long periods . Big moment when Zimm gets injured and they score minutes later. 

Last season Palace didn’t win a home game until November I believe, Burnley didn’t win a match until October, both obviously stayed up. The biggest difference between the prem and every other league is you can play six games, only get a couple of points but still be in touch with plenty of other teams. Long way to go yet.

Extreme happy clapping it is mathematically impossible not to still be in it after 4 games 

the quality of the past 2 performances is really concerning and in that regards we are miles off the pace 

1 minute ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Extreme happy clapping it is mathematically impossible not to still be in it after 4 games 

the quality of the past 2 performances is really concerning and in that regards we are miles off the pace 

The quality of your trolling attempts is concerning.

57 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

By the last 2 performances, do you mean Crawley or Chelsea?

Crawley doesn't matter, a completely new 11 given a run out. 

As for Chelsea, Europa Cup Winners and 3rd last year, yes they won, and they deserved to, but we were in the game for the full 90 and were a crossbar away from a point.

...as for points, I don't get yours. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

By the last 2 performances, do you mean Crawley or Chelsea?

Crawley doesn't matter, a completely new 11 given a run out. 

As for Chelsea, Europa Cup Winners and 3rd last year, yes they won, and they deserved to, but we were in the game for the full 90 and were a crossbar away from a point.

...as for points, I don't get yours. 

Conveniently we just ignore Crawley 😁😁😁😁